1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE Understand flags - FIA regulation

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Claponi, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Claponi

Claponi Racer

Hey all,
    I open this thread to help everyone understand what each flag means, in particular to improve our sim-race experience. It's not the most exciting reading but maybe you will learn some precious info to avoid penalties. The informations come from FIA website and is more or less a "copy/paste" from 2019 regulation. For now, all flags are not display in ACC.

Clerk of the Course flag signals

a) National flag
    This flag may be used to start the race. The starting signal should be given by lowering the flag.

b) Red flag
    This flag should be waved at the start line when it has been decided to stop a practice session or the race. Simultaneously, each marshal post around the circuit should also wave a red flag.

When the signal to stop is given:
    1) during practice, all cars shall immediately reduce speed and proceed slowly back to their respective pits;
    2) during a race, all cars shall immediately reduce speed and proceed slowly to the red flag line*;
    3) overtaking is forbidden and drivers should remember that race and service vehicles may be on the track, the circuit may be totally blocked because of an accident and weather conditions may have made the circuit undriveable at racing speed;
    4) if the race is stopped, drivers should remember that speeding is pointless because:
    - the classification of the race or the order of the re-starting grid will be established from a point prior to the red flag being shown and according to the regulations of the competition;
    - the pit lane exit will be closed.​
    All cars shall stop in order before the red flag line(*) until informed whether the race is to be resumed or ended and given the appropriate directions by marshals according to the regulations of the competition.

(*): Red flag line: a continuous, 20 cm wide line should be marked with non-skid paint, crossing the track from side to side, at right angles to the track centreline, at the point behind which all cars must stop if a race is stopped or suspended, where they can be conveniently attended to and formed into a starting grid from which the safety car will lead them off if the race is resumed.

c) Black and white chequered flag
    This flag should be waved and signifies the end of a practice session or the race.

d) Black flag
    This flag should be used to inform the driver concerned that he must stop at his pit or at the place designated in the supplementary or championship regulations on the next approach to the pit entry. If a driver fails to comply for any reason, this flag should not be shown for more than four consecutive laps. The decision to show this flag rests solely with the Stewards, and the team concerned will immediately be informed of the decision.

e) Black flag with an orange disc 40 cm in diameter
    This flag should be used to inform the driver concerned that his car has mechanical problems likely to endanger himself or others and means that he must stop at his pit on the next lap. When the mechanical problems have been rectified to the satisfaction of the chief scrutineer, the car may rejoin the race.

f) Black and white flag divided diagonally
    This flag should be shown once only and is a warning to the driver concerned that he has been reported for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

These last three flags (in d, e and f) should be shown motionless and accompanied by a black board with a white number which should be shown to the driver whose car’s number is displayed. The flag and number may be combined on a single board.
    These flags may also be displayed at places other than the start line should the Clerk of the Course deem this necessary.

Signals used at marshal posts
    a) Red flag
    This should be shown waved only on instruction from the Clerk of the Course when it becomes necessary to stop a practice session or the race.

b) Yellow flag
    This is a signal of danger and should be shown to drivers in two ways with the following meanings:
    - Single waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake, and be prepared to change direction. There is a hazard beside or partly on the track. It must be evident that a driver has reduced speed; this means a driver is expected to have braked earlier and/or noticeably reduced speed in that sector.
    - Double waved: Reduce your speed significantly, do not overtake, and be prepared to change direction or stop. There is a hazard wholly or partly blocking the track and/or marshals working on or beside the track. During free practice and qualifying, it must be evident that a driver has not attempted to set a meaningful lap time; this means the driver should abandon the lap (this does not mean he has to pit as the track could well be clear the following lap).
    Yellow flags should normally be shown only at the marshal post immediately preceding the hazard.
    In some cases, however, the Clerk of the Course may order them to be shown at more than one marshal post preceding an incident.

Overtaking is not permitted between the first yellow flag and the green flag displayed after the incident.
    Yellow flags should not be shown in the pit lane unless there is an incident of which the driver should be made aware.
    The Clerk of the Course or Race Director may impose a speed limit on the full course or any section of the track when double yellow flags are displayed during practice, qualifying practice or races.

• When a single speed limit is imposed on the full course, this will be indicated with a single yellow flag and a board indicating FCY (meaning “Full Course Yellow”). If appropriate, double waved yellow flags will continue to be displayed at the post prior to the incident.
    • At races where a variable speed limit may be imposed on the full course, this will be indicated with a single yellow flag and a board indicating VSC (meaning “Virtual Safety Car”.) If appropriate, double waved yellow flags will continue to be displayed at the post prior to the incident.
    • In races where a speed limit may be imposed on a section of the track, the beginning and end of the sections will be clearly marked by the side of the track, with a double yellow flag and a board indicating SLOW (meaning “slow down”). They will be displayed at each marshal post in the section. A single waved yellow flag will be displayed at the post prior to that.
    In every case, the end of the imposition of the speed limit will be indicated by a green flag at the next marshal post, or at each marshal post where appropriate.

c) Yellow flag with red stripes
    This should be shown motionless to inform drivers that there is a deterioration of grip due to oil or water on the track in the area beyond the flag.
    This flag should be displayed, for at least (depending on the circumstances) 4 laps unless the surface returns to normal beforehand. It is not, however, necessary for the sector beyond where this flag is being shown to show a green flag.

d) Light blue flag
    This should normally be waved, as an indication to a driver that he is about to be overtaken. It has different meanings during practice and the race.
    At all times:
    - A stationary flag should be displayed to a driver leaving the pits if traffic is approaching on the track.​
    During practice:
    - A faster car is close behind you and is about to overtake you.​
    During the race:
    - The flag should normally be shown to a car about to be lapped, if the driver does not seem to be making full use of his rear-view mirrors. When shown, the driver concerned must allow the following car to pass at the earliest opportunity.
    e) White flag
    This flag should be waved and is used to indicate to the driver that there is a much slower vehicle on the sector of track controlled by that flag point.

f) Green flag
    This should be used to indicate that the track is clear: it should be waved at the marshal post immediately after the incident that necessitated the use of one or more yellow flags. It may also be used, if deemed necessary by the Clerk of the Course, to signal the start of a warm-up lap or the start of a practice session.

Hope that help, see you on track.

Here some links :
    https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...in_GT_Series_2018_Sporting_Regulations_LR.pdf
    https://files.world-challenge.com/rules-regulations/2019-BGTWCA-SportingRegulations.pdf
    https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/123

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Raklödder, Jebus, Thug and 14 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does anybody understand if ps4 will have 1.8 update??? Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Physics AMG Evo setup understanding questions Nov 9, 2021
    ACC Physics Understanding the setup export Sep 5, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Understanding Penalties Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Understanding Video Settings (Pixel Density and Resolution Scale) Mar 29, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Help Understanding Suspension Behavior Mar 1, 2021
    ACC Physics Help understanding a couple of things in the dampers histogram Jan 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Help me understand driver stint rules Sep 14, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Need Help Understanding Weather in ACC Server Configuration Aug 31, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Trying to understand custom liveries displaying for other drivers. Aug 23, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Trying to understand suspension values Mar 24, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Help me understand CP rating... Mar 12, 2020
    ACC Physics Please help me understand suspension histograms Jan 26, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres understand the unsprung mass in ac Sep 9, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Basic understanding YOU should KNOW! Jun 6, 2019

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

5* post.. this is needed for some people to give it a read :)

4. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

The most important one :

Blue flag :
    During the race:
    - The flag should normally be shown to a car about to be lapped, (...) When shown, the driver concerned must allow the following car to pass at the earliest opportunity.

5. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

It has changed the rule?, because back when I started in simracing the FIA rule was that the driver had to let the other pass, but it was a 3 laps period to let him pass without penalty.

6. BlueMind

BlueMind Gamer

I think it would be really nice if Kunos can integrate it on the screen before each race start or when connecting to the server (as a memory aid).
    I sometimes feel that some people don't understand what they are for o_O

mr Switchblade, chksix and trasgu like this.
  7. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Bold blue flag text should be applied for the lapped players also, not just flags on the track. Big blue letter on the top of the screen, or bottom, where warnings are, just stay there and be big, nice and ultra-blue :D

8. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

What we really need is the game to take control if a driver doesn't get out of the way within 3 blue flags...

Seriously though, with SA being a thing, most drivers above a certain level will know enough about flags etc, so I don't really see it being an issue. Also, admins can kick and ban people, so there's that too.

Skaven Zverov and trasgu like this.
  9. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

You're spot on. Flag rules, and also pitlane speed rules, crossing the line of the pit exit, changes of direction while blocking, or track limits abuse not only should be penalized and added to a penalty historial that should (provided it isn't right now already) be part of the SA rating.

chksix likes this.
  10. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Track limit abuse is maybe too tricky to analyze, except for really blatant cuts. But I agree about the pit exit line or the pitlane speed part. Regarding blue flags, if there is a reliable method for knowing when a lapped car is blocking, then yes, reduce their SA accordingly for each sector they remain blocking.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

chksix likes this.
  11. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I always wondered why I was constantly getting white flags online. I thought they were used to show when you're on your last lap.

12. American rules.

13. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

If the blue flat is going to work there also needs to be an indicator in the HUD

14. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

There already is, the relative timing MFD. Combined with course map and mirrors its just a matter of using common sense :)

tjr likes this.
  15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yeah, I just watched a video from Nurburgring this weekend and by coincidence I noticed a white flag being waved when there was a car with big damage limping around.

I don't think there are many excuses for people not to know when they're being blue flagged. Marshals waving the flags, your position HUD, your rear view mirror.

16. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Agree, but only if the cars have it in the real life, if not we should be looking to the marshall posts like it happen in a lot of competitions. It adds another layer of realism, mistakes are bound to happen spicing the races.

17. Clawd

Clawd Racer

Crossing the line of the pit exit. This is the problem I see the most on my races. Maybe penalize them with a drive through? With time, this would show that crossing the line is NOT OK.

I apologize if this is not the correct forum post to bring this up. If necessary I'll create one with the appropriate topic.

18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

No question about it: there should be penalties for whoever crosses the pit exit line.

19. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I saw a video series from Minolin yesterday. I think he said that his interpretation of blue flag is NOT that you must let the car behind pass you but that you are just not allowed to defend your line. That means if the car isn’t able to pass you (not fast enough for example for whatever reason) you don’t have to slow down to let him pass.

20. Claponi

Claponi Racer

About the blue flag, as there is nothing inside the blancpain 2018 regulation I presumed that the FIA rules applies. But in the 2019 blancpain regulation for American championship you can find this :
    SOLID BLUE OR BLUE WITH YELLOW DIAGONAL Warning: faster/lapping cars are approaching. Use Caution. Exercise sportsmanship & allow racing room. If waved, this signals that another driver is trying to overtake

I think I'll edit my first post. Maybe @Minolin can confirm that this rule applies in 2018 and 2019 blancpain series.

21. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

The driver who is a lap down already has to make space for the car behind to pass safely within a reasonable time frame. Where issues arise with this is when the lapped cars are battling among each other for position and then a very fast car comes bombing from behind. That is only a problem in the LM racing however.
    There shouldn't be any blue flag as long as the cars are on the same lap as in a situation where a backmarker is about to be lapped by the leaders. He has full rights to defend but I wouldn't do that as a back marker anyway.