1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti for simracing

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ijac, Apr 17, 2019.

1. ijac

ijac Gamer

I've seen a lot of great reviews for the Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti but none that mention simracing. Have you used it for simracing and what do you think?

Please don't comment if you have NOT used this card. No disrespect intended just looking for reliable opinions. Thanks :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room NVIDIA to Launch GTX 1050 Ti October Oct 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia GTX 1060 Announced Jul 8, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nvidia gtx 970 (rd xpost) Aug 19, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nvidia gtx 970 Mar 30, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Gtx 970+nvidia panel+inspector Mar 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia announces the gtx titan x Mar 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia gtx 980 owners Dec 18, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Fps problem nvidia gtx 650 Oct 11, 2014
    Chit Chat Room The nvidia gtx 980 Sep 19, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues TEARING/Flickering issue GTX770 (Nvidia Surround) May 22, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues NVidia 295GTX question. Nov 11, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game will not launch - stuck 'Initializing UI' when Nvidia surround is enabled. Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia driver 531.68 issues. Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality nVidia 522.25: 5-10% performance boost on 3080 Oct 13, 2022

3. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

If you like to play at 1080p@60FPS it is a rock solid choice. But the 2080Ti is such a better, bigger, COOLER card ;) Just stop being cheap (You really do only live once afterall!) and pony-up for the badboy 2080Ti, or holdout for the 3080Ti or whatever is next. Then get the Rift-S or whatever, or a sick ultrawide to go with it ;)

esox71 and Bogies like this.
  4. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Nvidia works well for Simracing.
    1660Ti is on par with GTX 1070, so yea it's fine.
    I wouldn't recommend Turing after all. 2070 is OK isch, not more.
    2080ti is worse. It was the smallest Step ever VS old generation and the most expensive one. Nothing cool about it and I do say it with a 2070.

Also that he recommends a Rift S. Boi you seem to have no clues.
    Rift S is really a letdown overall.
    Only the higher resolution is nice..

Gesendet von meinem EML-L29 mit Tapatalk

fnegroni, Pheebau and chksix like this.
  5. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Is this any kind of joke??

So there's a guy here asking about a 300€ card and your answer is "meh, it's ok but you better go for an over 1’000€ card"??

Holy Christ, we must be all losing our mind here waiting for the 0.8 or something

6. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

GTX 1660 Ti appears to be the best bang-for-buck card at the moment especially for 1080 and 1440p gaming. You might need something beefier if you are pushing more pixels though.

I'm upgrading from a 970, so I'm also looking at a 1660 or 1660 Ti, although I'm holding off until Navi is released to see what AMD brings to the table for mid range graphics cards.

7. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

It’s a shame the 1080ti is now out of production as that probably would beat a 2070 and is an all round better card and could have been had for about £450 a few months ago.

fnegroni likes this.
  8. esox71

esox71 Alien

don't answer if you've not used one...rip!

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So basically: don't answer. :-D

10. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I don't have an EVGA GTX1660Ti SC3 Gamers Edition and it is great for games but not for simracing. Beware!

11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    David Bertholom likes this.
  12. ijac

ijac Gamer

@Deatroy, do you have a 1660Ti or used one?

@henkjansmits you said you DON"T have one. Did you mean you DO? If you do, can you explain why it's no good for simracing? Does it struggle to hit 60fps (or is a higher framerate needed)?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  13. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

My Desktop has a RTX 2070 due VR.
    My Laptop has also 2070 Mobile. Before the 2070 Laptop I had 3 Months the 1070 Mobile until it died and it was quite similar to the 1660ti besides the power consumption.
    Also I read a lot in hardware magazines for CPU's and GPU's, doesn't matter which brand.

Gesendet von meinem EML-L29 mit Tapatalk

14. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Mariokart 8 CEMU, 4k, 60fps flat - only sim with real bananas

15. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

'Simracing' and 'gaming' are the same, a graphics card can't differentiate between the two.

The 1660 series have just been recently released and it's unlikely anyone reading this thread owns one. If you want an idea of how they perform with ACC, check out gameplay videos or see if any of the hardware based tech sites have included ACC into their test suite. You might have to wait, but you'll get a better idea of how they'll perform.

Otherwise it'll be a thread saying this card is best ad infinitum.

16. Supercyco

Supercyco Rookie

I have a 1660 ti gaming and it runs very good on high settings on 1440p. Stable 60 fps(vsync on, vsync off around 80 fps) on a 55" OLED tv. Running it with a Ryzen 5 2600 and 16 GB @3200, all put in a B450 mobo.
    Before this card I had a RX580 8 GB and it's a huge step forward.
    You get a very good card for the money

hristo1026 and ijac like this.
  17. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

Nice setup there, thanks for posting that. I'm thinking of moving over to Ryzen with a B450 board, so that bit of info is useful as well.

Supercyco likes this.
  18. ijac

ijac Gamer

@Supercyco Thank you. This is the kind of info I'm looking for and from someone who has used the card.

Supercyco likes this.
  19. Default

Default Racer

I'm running a GTX 1660 Ti and an i7 4790.

Tested full 30 car grid at Monza starting last.
    Full Medium settings. Lowest 48 fps at T1. 60 fps after field spread.
    Full High settings. Lowest 41 fps at T1. 55 fps avg after field spread.
    Full Epic settings. Lowest 38 fps at T1. 50 fps avg after field spread.

If you lower some unimportant settings obviously you can get higher fps.

hristo1026 and ijac like this.
  20. R4F

R4F Gamer

I am using a rtx2060 on epic settings. The game runs great. Maybe one to consider.

21. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Out of interest, would you care to share your processor spec? Also, what FPS are you getting, and at what resolution with a full AI grid?

EDIT. Sorry to hijack thread, but I'm interested in this card's performance.