1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

This game is epic!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by alec benfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. A race yesterday which I don't think I got any stuttering for a change, and seemed to run at a good frame rate on nearly max settings..the differences in cars and drivers make this game so much fun for me, constant swapping of places here, the bm's super quick down the straights, but the ferrari using its worth in the technical bits..so much satisfaction, and that's the reason I play, awesome!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    ignission, ZioYuri78, Coanda and 11 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Epic Games vs Steam - Which Distribution Platform for ACC? Dec 15, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is there two versjons of Silverstone in the game? Mar 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting error when entering the game Feb 28, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont launch, after pressing Start Engine Feb 27, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Line 95 [SOLVED] Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game cancelled,DLL 'CSteamworks' can't load, no way lanuch Feb 23, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting AI Skill resetting to 100% when loading a saved game Feb 21, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    Bug reports PS5 crashes when loading "Saved game" Feb 5, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting I can't load my saved game Feb 4, 2024
    ACC General Discussions search ingame livery folder Feb 2, 2024

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I agree. I still have some stutter but that's not gonna stop me from enjoying the great sim. Yesterday I had an amazing Zolder race in MP. SA-restricted servers are the bees knees!

f_deutsch, Minolin and alec benfield like this.
  4. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

I'm also starting to like this sim more and more. I'm taking more time to configure things properly and driving starts to feel better every day!

Loren Thomas and alec benfield like this.
  5. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Really enjoyable 10 minutes, thanks for posting! Great clean battles and seriously good driving, you're really fast! Completely agree this game is epic!

alec benfield likes this.
  6. Thanks man, really appreciate that.. Totally agree, getting in them kind of battles is a great feeling! Loving it

7. Hey LeDude.. what name shows for u in game?

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I feel like performance got a bit worse with the last update. But it's a feeling at this point I can't point out anything specific, which may mean it's not worse at all or it's very minor. It's acceptable at the moment, one or two instances of stuttering online but very rare.

I haven't been playing enough to raise my safety rating, the races I took part in yesterday were a bit messy, I managed to avoid most the drama but the end of the race got ruined by guys joining the server towards the end and coming out on fresh tyres and just bullying the people still in the race. They were way faster but wouldn't wait for a chance to pass without interfering with the race.

9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

It's allright:p

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@alec benfield - nice battle going on there. Have you tried running more PSI?

11. Thanks man, Yeah I'm constantly playing with the psi.. In that race I forgot to do my tyres, they were a bit low/cold.. Ironically I normally have to much psi hah! I'm always tweaking things to try and get them around the 26 mark. I don't think the car felt to bad tho strangely , I think I would have been in the 1:47's with heavy fuel in that race with a clean lap

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

47', nice one mate :)
    Have you ever tried running in the 28-29 range?

13. Not that high yet I don't think, normally when I run them at 25 somethings they end up at 27's when up to temp, I made some other setup changes, now they don't look like they are getting up to those psi's.. I'll have another play around when I race today tho.. I guess a lot is to do with time of day, track condition and weather to tho..

14. They gave me a pb of 147:4 in quali tho, I did adjust the dampers again tho, maybe a bit more traction

Attached Files:

15. APC900

APC900 Simracer

It really is a great sim already...hard to believe it is still early access.

alec benfield likes this.
  16. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Man, dynamic weather rules!

Was just in a race where the race started with wet track, but no rain. I chanced it and took regular tires on safe setup with some tweaks. I was able to manuveur through the first chicane carnage and ended up 2nd. Guy in front was having serious issues keeping it on the road in his lambo, but for me I could carve my way through the track taking the long route around Curva Grande. They dont call the Bentley a boat for nothing!

I soon passed him for 1st place and from there on I thought it would be a race trying to gain a margin cause I was certain other faster racers would catch up. That didnt materialise though as I found myself up front with a steady 8 secs lead to the next contender who wasnt catching.

Something that was catching was heat though! Soon found myself with tires overheating for each corner and I scrambled for the wet stuff on every straight to cool down the tires. I kept on lapping and 2 laps from the end the skies went dark! At first I thought: "Great! Cool tires!" but a few apex later I changed my mind! Rain was doing no good for worn dry tires. I was still able to nurse it home, much thanks to backmarkers who saw me coming and gave up their fight to let me by (SE: tackar för det / EN: many thanks).

My first legit win, with the exception of the fact that I accidently punted someone during the carnage at the start. Still an excellent race. This sim is already legend...

LeiF and alec benfield like this.
  17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

There's so many little things in ACC that makes it this good. But they're not often mentioned so I'll pick 3 random things I nticed during last MP race.

- Bengalos and Fireworks at the end of the race
    - Ability to write a comment for the setup
    - The commentators on the loudspeakers in the pitlane

It was a common complain about AC that it was too "sterile" - IMO because stuff like this isn't in AC. So great work Kunos for adding such things.

Tim Meuris, Son, jaxx_za and 2 others like this.
  18. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

When was the last time you heard "fanboy" as an insult in this forum?:) It don't work any more!;):p

19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I know there's a Jay Wilson joke here somewhere...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I am Jay Wilson..

21. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I’m loving the MP on SA servers...never really been to into MP before as never had the time for leagues but the opportunity to have clean decent length races is great fun.

Also love the weather variability, had two races on Nurburgring server today, the first one totally dry, came back to the same server an hour later to find a wet track for qualifying, 50/50 to use wet or dry set up, then the race was dry but with just a couple of damp patches left on track...much better and more realistic than scripted weather....

tjr and alec benfield like this.