1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Want to see the possibility to stablish dynamic weather for each session : for practice, and qualifying. Then you can do Qualifying on totally dry and go to dynamic rain on race and on the main time keep track evolution progressin within the overall weekend.

2. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Tbh I rather have a randomly working weather system in place than a dynamic line. There's much more benefit to be had there

mr Switchblade likes this.
  3. Yep for me it's fine as it is too. I am asking just out of curiosity and ...well, maybe because of my perfectionism.

MsportDAN likes this.
  4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's not my playfield nor my decision, but my comment would be: That's pretty much (unuseful) candy compared to the development effort. What pyhsics related feature would you want to trade for that?
    It's something you would only really notice if you test for it, in a way "cool it is there" - but real race traffic won't make a difference between both scenarios.

On the other side it's a nightmare looking at the netcode, and the corresponding complexity and also added network traffic. I mean we're giving everything to keep the bandwidth requirements as low as possible, as the bandwidth roughly increases exponentially with each car. So it's not only a trade in dev effort at the cost of other features (both physics + multiplayer), it would also mean that the final number of cars we can run would be reduced by a handful just because of something that doesn't really make a difference.

But again, that's just a private estimate, I can't really look ahead of the MP bandwidth/complexity part.

warth0g, Noisen, Aseeth and 6 others like this.
  5. Thank you for explanation. And no, i don't want to trade off any part of physical model for eyecandy view :) ACC looking great now. And to be honest,in my imagination i missed network part.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't agree with that it would make no difference (you even saw it pretty clearly this Monza weekend where the in-the-dry racing line was not drying first on the main straight) but I accept the technical challenges standing in the way.

F1Aussie and Dewald Nel like this.
  7. khrop

khrop Racer

Well, on AOR PC2 we had a couple of transition races and yes, you can definitely feel the dynamic track system working well over there. Since Monza race took place in March and was rain-to-sunny, one could opt for soft tires and then use the puddle that formed up on the straight leading to Ascari to cool off the soft tires in +20*C weather.

It shouldn't be a question of trading for something else though, ancient iRacing has dynamic rubbered line, PC2 and rF2 have a completely dynamic drying line system. We want the best that is out there.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  8. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

You may deliver all features you want if you have unlimited time and ressources. But if you dont you need to make choice, i think that what Minimun was talking about.

Minolin likes this.
  9. Adastros

Adastros Racer

and they will continue to work after 1.0

10. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Arfff m'y phone change "Minolin" as "Minimum" :D

pons likes this.
  11. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

This may have been brought up already, but I had a very abrupt weather change today. Free practice at Monza, starting with sunny conditions and 50% variability. To be honest I paid no attention if the weather switched from sunny to cloudy, but at some point it went from sunny/cloudy to what seemed to be medium rain from one second to the next with the windshield full of water just as instantly. The track cooled gradually and became more wet as time went on, so that was great, but the switch from nothing to medium rainfall might need some adjusting :)

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It's not uncommon for heavy rain fall to start pretty abruptly. You should probably be able to see it coming in advance via fast moving darker clouds, though.

PiretSS2000 and Strawberry like this.
  13. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

It looked like the water was spawned onto the windshield. Usually it starts with a few drops and then increases in intensity very quickly. It was the only time this happened though, usually the transistion is quite smooth. I'll try to record a replay should it ever happen again.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Why does it rain even when you choose 0% for rain?

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Not a huge deal for me. Sometimes on light cloudy day I see new clouds pop in view abruptly in the distance. I have draw distance set to high/epic. Has anyone else noticed this? We know the lighting transition is being worked on to make it smoother approximately around 8pm. Maybe one day the cload transition can get a touch up too...

16. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

Is there an option for random dynamic weather ?

17. Here you go, Monza sunny to rain in a half of lap. Min 15:30.

Sadly the sound gone bad at some point.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  18. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

This was multiplayer. How did you manage to record it from the replay?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

19. Server crashed at approx 28:45 :D

20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

That explains it I guess :D