1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

This game is epic!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by alec benfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Last Saturday qualified 11 at Monza on horrible rainy conditions. Almost no visibility and very hard to keep the car straight at almost all time. For race, conditions were very cold and damp. Decided to race on slicks and set brake duct at 2 for better tire temps. First laps were very complicated but as time went a dry line developed on the track which helped get the best from the slicks. Still you cannot fully trust the track, after a couple of scary moments was able to finish 2nd.

One of the things that amazes me most and put a smile on my face were the damn puddles. You can barely see them but you absolutely feel them through the FF upsetting the car.

I am on an urge to be able to save and review the replays. Had so many great races wish I could see them again.

2. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I really need to learn all that technical stuff. I still don't really know what the purpose is with brake bias, brake duct etc.
    Before asking I will search in the dev blogs.
    Because of the weather system now we really need to apply good strategies accordingly, especially in Weekend custom races, with 2x Qualifying and 2x races.
    Starting the race : "mmmh OK it's raining but not that much... Slick tyres with high pressure or Wet tyres with low pressure? I could try and change them on the mandatory pit stop ?"
    Yes, this game is epic.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    PiretSS2000 and alec benfield like this.
  3. Great stuff! Remember you can just alt and z if you are on nvidia

f_deutsch likes this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

Don't know what caused my poor performance in my last post. It was much better for the rest of the weekend. Up to now I'd been spending most my time offline so this weekend it was all Multiplayer. I was hoping that the lack of a AI overhead would mean better performance online but it didn't work out that way, regardless I don't think my graphics card is up to the task. ACC is playable but I'm basically low on everything. Looking at a 2070 as an upgrade, at some point.

The racing is fantastic though. It got better and better as the weekend went on (we had a 4 day weekend in Ireland), it's so frantic in VR, very hard to keep an eye on both sides of the car at all times. On Monday I had the best race yet, unfortunately I didn't put enough fuel in the car. When I came up behind a car I was faster than rather than try to overtake him I just sat behind him for a while, I didn't have to try hard to keep up with him as he was over driving the car, seeing me in his rear view mirror was enough to break him and he went off eventually but it was fun to put him under pressure while not putting myself at risk.. The next guy didn't crack though, I'd say I was marginally faster in places but there was no way to over take, he had everything covered and didn't lose his cool when I got close. I was literally buzzing after that race.

My only major concern (other than squeezing as much VR performance out of it as possible) is the HUD, can't read it, don't know what's going on during races, I only noticed yesterday there's notice down the bottom telling you what penalties you're getting (obscured by the steering wheel for me).

It's definitely a sim that requires long stints. 15 minutes is just warming up, all the depth is further in.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  5. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

The HUD is a major concern. The driver must be able to reposition all the elements.

6. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think that's on the cards (AKA old AC widgets) there could be a better use of the space, maybe something more condensed, I suppose the probably is every car is different so it's probably hard to make one that works with everything. I'd be happy to hide most of it and only call it up when needed.

7. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

One simply has to look at what is done in iRacing. I know I might sound like a broken record, but iRacing has honed all these usability issues over time and ignoring their solution seems daft to me.

8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Repositioning the HUD elements must be already possible, somehow:

2019-04-23 (6).png

9. Turk

Turk Alien

We don't know that there isn't a new HUD coming. I'm not going to get mad about it at this point, because the games not finished but really hope they can do something for final release.

10. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Looks like a clever use of the safe zone setting in the hud Json config file.
    Not exactly what we want.

11. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Well, you asked about repositioning and that looks like repositioning to me?

mikendrix likes this.
  12. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

This is repositioning:

13. Another great battle with the Ferrari vs the Jag, with the fight for first! So much fun!

14. f_deutsch

Just had a race at Monza that ended at night conditions. I spun at the exit of Ascari before getting dark. When I had to turn the lights on, they were not illuminating fully, and when I was braking I could see them shaking turning on and off very quickly. Again awesome immersion.

15. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I noticed same. I noticed it happens when fuel is low but might just be coincidence. I was in the Ferrari.

mikendrix likes this.
  16. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

No, it happens because of damage to the front end. Low fuel might just be correlation to a certain damage treshold after a long race, no causation.

f_deutsch and fnegroni like this.
  17. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Yeah I forgot about the damage LOL
    It was a wreck fest as usual but my SA held strongly. Manage to avoid most of the wreckers.

18. f_deutsch

Correct, I missed to make it clear that I damaged the front of the car. It was interesting as when it was dark I was not sure the lights were fully on or not, until found that while braking they suddenly flashed. I should have check the replay at the end to see the car from the outside.