1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Developer Minolin just posted playlist of his Tutorials for beginners in ACC (GERMAN language)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by D.Jankovic, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you Minolin! Those videos are great! Would be cool if they could be implemented in the game in a „racing school“ / tutorial section...
    Very useful for me as a beginner (and I speak german)!

2. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

I’ve watched the first video as it has English subtitles, look great and I’d love to watch the other 7 but they only have German subtitles and my GCSE German is pretty rusty!
    How come the first one has English subtitles and is there any way English can be added to the other 7?
    I agree with other comments that these videos are so useful and would be amazing as part of a tutorial system in the game. ACC is making me a much better driver.

jaxx_za likes this.
  3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Yea first video got translation from a dev himself. But he said it takes too much time for him to translate it he could make 2-3 videos in that time..so that`s why we wait for some community member that can translate it. :)

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I still think it's a bad idea to watch german videos with english subs, I mean content isn't *that* groundbraking.

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. Still very useful mate :)

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

sigh.. that gives me pressure to do something here :D

My problem is:
    Doing one of those german 5 to 10 minute videos literally takes 20 minutes in total (and maybe a day or two of background-thinking). I can just jump in and do it; most irritating part is the lightning (which I care about less and less).
    The other approach to do it right (the 2 english videos about references and fast exits) took hours to do. That's not an option, I'm software developer and not a youtuber. Even those hours could have been MP features.

Then I thought about re-doing the german series in english (which naturally is more difficult), but after re-watching only the first part I gave up. In my memory it was some random bla bla without too much sense, but turns out it quite has some content and also important references I pick up later - and that in very short time. I just don't see how I could replicate this in english, without trying to record every episode 12 times.

Fun fact: In english, I'd probably have to search for words a lot - but also the same applies to german. So in a way I lost the ability to speak either language, thanks Kunos :D

7. Sascha Henken

Sascha Henken Rookie

Great videos he has made. While I have a lot of simracing experience like many of us I really was able to learn more from it and if you believe it or not, I got a bit faster than before. These videos should be really treated seriously by any simracer who is at the start of making experience in the simracing world. Thank you Minolin :)

sissydriver and Minolin like this.
  8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I could potentially help out with creating English subtitles for it. I've translated about 40-50 movies in the past, and I've got a very handy program to help me do this. Only thing that's needed is someone who can (and wants to) translate the text into English. I can basically do all the timings, can even use google translate to translate all of the text into English to give anyone who wants to a bit of a start in doing so. Also, I can explain how to work the program (which really is easy, also it's freeware).
    I'm dutch, my German isn't the greatest, but I could even help with translating it a bit.

Doing 100 lines of text usually takes about 10-15 minutes. These short videos (7-12 minutes shouldn't be much more than 100-150 lines when everything's been merged semi-properly).

One other thing tho, as I'm not German and I might interpret the sentence wrongly, I might end up cutting off the sentences in the wrong place. I'll try to do my best and understand what's being said the best I can, but it's very easy to adjust the timings by just dragging the box in the waveform part of the program (bottom part), in case I mess up certain parts.
    This is the program, you'd just have to put the English translation into the textbox.
    upload_2019-4-22_15-52-7.png

9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

to add subtitles to yt you need to go to the three dots at bottom right of the video

[​IMG]

3rd option and then you get this screen

[​IMG]

and you just need to type in the boxes to the left..and adjust if something needs adjusting

10. Arti

Arti Gamer

It looks like that option is disabled on the second video.

The problem is you can hardly use the automatic transcript because it's nonsensical alot of times. I have translated the second video and just typed it into a txt file. But i will have a look at that programm.

11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Yeah, CC isn't too great, but oftentimes it's not too bad either.

If you wanna use the program, you can download the CC subs and video from youtube from this site: https://savesubs.com/

There's a couple of things that will make your life a lot easier when using that program. The CC rip from the site above is kind of a mess with a lot of blank and overlapping lines. The program will fix these for you.
    From the "Tools" dropdown menu, click "Fix common errors", and copy these settings.
    Naamloos.png

Then click these 2 options to enable the video and waveform apps. You have to import the video through the "Video" dropdown menu. For the waveform, you can just click it (it will tell you).
    2.png

You can delete lines manually, insert new lines (bottom left corner, choose "Create" and press F9 to insert a new line), stretch, shorten and adjust the lines through the waveform. Very easy once you've done it once or twice.

I have already finished Vol.2. I've added it to this post.
    First add the file from this post to the program, then add the video.

Good luck, and let me know if you need help with anything.

P.S. There's a couple of things to keep in mind, try to keep the lines shorter than 60 characters, and try to avoid having 3 lines in 1 box.

Attached Files:

12. Arti

Arti Gamer

In your file I see only german text, or what do you mean by finished it?

13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I meant finished synchronizing the text and merging lines. As it's in German, I won't be the best in translating the text itself, but I could try if needed as I do have some basic knowledge of the German language. Would just be best if a German speaking person could translate it.

14. Arti

Arti Gamer

I finished Vol.2
    Maybe you could take a look if it is understandable and check for errors.

Attached Files:

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Nice, will check it tomorrow. Thanks!

16. dek

dek Racer

I can also recommend " ACC Stammtisch" . Very informative and very well spoken.:)
    Great stuff Minolin.

And thanks for the in/ output lag clarification. :) I do notice it at the wheel but not for the pedals. I turn wheel off by default as it disturbs my immersion. Does the output lag only counts for the wheel or does it apply to the scene too, meaning , does it output lag when I hit the brakes?

Just wondering:D

17. Franc Pisek

Franc Pisek Gamer

I can translate a volume , if you want to synchronize and upload it?

18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Sorry for the delay, I've checked the subtitle and edited it a bit. Let me know what you think of it.
    Also, thanks for the translation again! @Arti

Attached Files:

D.Jankovic likes this.
  19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Here's the transcript from episodes 3-8. I haven't started syncing yet, think it'll be easier to sync after the translation as it's quite difficult for me to understand where to cut off the sentences. This means I have to sometimes listen to certain parts 4-5 times, or even more.

Would be nice if you could help Arti translate @Franc Pisek , just make sure you both know which part you're working on, so you're not both translating the same part :p
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

• 3-8.zip
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
    Olivier Boissel and D.Jankovic like this.
  20. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Unfortunatelly for the most guys the "Stammtisch" is also in german.:(
    Fortunatelly I am German.:D