1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Man these car specific write ups are so delicious to read. You really make the cars sound so unique! Thanks again! :)

2. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

BMW pools away from huracan on straights points to its BOP problem. On Misano I was 1st driving with the guy under name Baron (BMW) in 2nd, onback straight he was catching good 0.3 -0.4 seconds. Then on one of laps he made a mistake in the turn leading to that long straight and still he was able to close up the gap towards the end of it. Also when I follow BMW (in Huracan) (Misano) when I come at the same speed in the corner leading to back straight, BMW is easily pooling away while I am close behind him (have less drag). Something is fishy with its acceleration.

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Might be. But you should read the dev blogs on the BMW and Huracán. The M6 has a lot of power and good acceleration but hits its aero limit early. The Huracán has a higher top speed. Perhaps you can work on getting a better corner exit before long straights in the Huracán.

4. iVG

iVG Alien

Happy to see Lambo reign over. Also a happy owner of a BMW in real life too :p

5. Default

Default Racer

I faced a similar issue on that track too driving a Huracan vs a M6. There is no way the Huracan can overtake the M6 on that track no matter how good an exit you do. Whenever you reach a straight the M6 just pulls away.

6. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Well, obviously, I read what devs. wrote about BMW. I understand that it does have a better acceleration but the way it is done now is just... funny. You WILL return to this conversation when leagues will start to spring up. It is btw another reason why we should have other remaining cars before V.1. GT3 BOP is a very delicate bussiness and is a break or make ACC feature. It is just ability of M6 to pool on straigts like it does is so eye popping that I have no idea how/why it didn't show up on devs. radars so far. I want to play in a sim where BOP is realistic. Maybe some known aliens could chime in on this subject? Like I said earlier a guy makes mistake before straight and I end up getting half car body in front and faster momentum, neverthless he is able to overtake me before right hand bend on that straight and by the end of it he is 30m ahead. It is easy to replicate for developers, or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Not at all obvious. Plenty of people haven't read the dev blogs.

And if it's a real issue it's up to Kunos to decide if there's something to adjust or not. They base the balance between the cars on the 2018 Blancpain GT BoP. If the BoP wasn't balanced in real life for that track/round then idk what Kunos will do.

Also, one thing people forget I think is that BoP isn't supposed to make all the cars the same (that's GT regulations if anything). It's balancing different cars with different strengths such that each has a chance over a race, not necessarily just making each car equally easily achieve the same laptime. One car will be stronger on fresh tyres, another will retain speed on used tyres better, another is better on fuel, etc.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Freddie Seng and MathMilitary like this.
  8. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

I dont think anybody has asked to make the cars the same. I also feel that the M6 is "funny" how it performs compared to races Ive watched from 2018 on same tracks. But its work in progress and possibly feedback will help to get it right.

9. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I’ve made some races against the BMW and I think the advantages it may have in acceleration, in certain cases (low and medium speed out of corners), other cars can compensate that in other areas, as braking, corner speed and high speed acceleration.
    BOP can be tweaked and improved, certainly, but I really don’t see the BMW has having an unachievable advantage over others.

Freddie Seng, Epistolarius and Aseeth like this.
  10. iVG

iVG Alien

After driving the BMW past few days I must say it is faster than what I remember but not fastest on all circuits. For example the jag easily beats it on Monza. Tight chicanes are not his friend. As to BMW was pulling away from their lambo :eek::eek::eek:.. Well now you know how we all felt when lambo pulled away from anything.

11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The only place where I clearly see the BMW slightly pulling away from the Lambo is following slow/mid speed corners, where it has best acceleration, but if the BMW gains a couple of tenths in those places the Lambo gains the same in others.
    I’m changing again to the Ferrari and I’ll see what is with that.

iVG likes this.
  12. iVG

iVG Alien

I drove the 488 for a good few weeks and I think it is a very balanced car and the amount of pace achievable with such a restricted engine is just out of reach for most other chassis. Even the Lambo. Doesn't move around at the rear as much as the Huracan, rides the curbs well for what it is - a light shell of metal, and if you are willing to put some effort into setting up the suspension it rides them even better. I think Kunos have really done a good job with all the cars and BoP will be tweaked, that's for certain but overall, I think we should wait for the 1.0 release since there's quite a few top contenders that we still get to drive before giving the final verdict for balance.

Epistolarius likes this.
  13. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I am wondering, does real M6 have lights indicator on the dashboard programed (on one of those led on both sides)?
    I hate not seeing if my lights are on (or off).

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  14. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

In fact the BMW seems to be a bit to strong at Paul Ricard. Not only the ROWE-BMWs being somewhere on top of the leaderboard in Singleplayer. Even the Walkenhorst has the same pace as well with an AM lineup.

BTW: Are there some talent files in place in ACC?

15. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

On multiplayer Misano, I frequently observe 2 front rows taken by BMWs. Ppl observe this situation and take BMWs, so half of participants are on BMW.

16. BMW is probably the only car who benefit the new tc system, compared to 488 for instance.
    If you improve back Ferrari traction, I think we are ok.

17. collisions need to be improved also.
    to be hit by this car means that you are out, if not severly damaged.

18. CubicZirconia

CubicZirconia Rookie

Using the dash camera I can't see the rev lights without dropping the camera location down quite low. The shroud over the top of the lights blocks them out. I'm sure it is realistically modeled, but it's frustrating.

19. fabT

fabT Alien

Recently i got back to the BMW, after driving the Nissan for a while.

The Nissan is nice because it is forgiving and allows for a good degree of overdriving.

Yet the BMW is massively faster, at least on some tracks.
    Didn't try out Paul Ricard, but at Misano or Zolder i can easily outdo my Nissan times by about 1 full second.

The point is the BMW engine has more punch and the car has great traction and stability.

The only downside of driving the BMW is that on low gears and heated tyres it gets pretty nervous, even on rather sensible TC settings ( 3-4 ).
    I don't like its TC actually.

This coupled with the fact that (imho) stock setups allow for some tyre overheating make it a quite cumbersome car in the second half of longer races, provided you push hard.
    So the pitfall is that any minimal "distractions" at low speed will punish with that typical power snap-oversteer that's quite hard to overcome on this car specifically.
    Tuning differential preload seems to lessen the issue a bit.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  20. iVG

iVG Alien

I drive BMW and never had an issue with tyre temps. At least after the tweaks I make to relief the problem. Make sure tyres have correct pressures and asymmetric while cold, symmetric once hot. Brake bias is in the correct range and camber values adjusted properly. Sliding the rear is to be minimised and brake ducts slightly more open to cool the brakes and therefore tyres on the longer straights. Problem solved.

fabT likes this.