1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hardware and lap time

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by nrc689, Apr 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes I know I have an hardware that someone would call "potato". I read somewhere that the hardware could affect lap times. Is this so? Because I simply have 8 GB of ram, pentium i7 4790 3.6 ghz, nvidia gtx 1050 ti 4 gb. Do not tell me immediately that it is little .... I know it. however, I ride quietly and smoothly at 50 fps stuck and stable, up high and ultra. A faster PC can really give something more in terms of lap? I really hope not. Thanks for reply.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It depends on the hardware Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 necessary Hardware Oct 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Help for a beginner sim set up (hardware) Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error [potential CPU/RAM OC complication or RAM hardware issue] May 15, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions New hardware; low FPS..? Sep 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Considering better and better hardware, is more AI possible? Aug 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE Crash after last update [OC/hardware memory timing] Jul 20, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Issue with "Hardware Lock" Jun 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Server Hardware Requirements May 3, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Hardware Spec Apr 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 FFB Disappearing [Hardware Issue] Feb 9, 2020

3. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

for me A good seating position and good pedals make the biggest difference

Tim Meuris, Freddie Seng and Coanda like this.
  4. gandy

gandy Rookie

Many people i seen say that decent pedals can make more of a difference to a lap time than a faster graphics card. If im wrong on this can someone please correct me but the physics in ACC is done by the cpu and not the gpu and while your cpu is old its not that slow and can keep up enough for many modern game titles.

5. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Especially a good driver.... Ok, i'm happy if the hardware don't leave me something less.

6. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I think my cpu is not bad. In MP (msi afterburner) cpu is at 60 degrees and 45-50%. The Ram is between 4.2 and 5.2 GB. The gpu is at 70 degrees and 94-99%.

7. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

But how it could affect it? I can't see any connections until you play with low fps which can affect you feeling and then maybe times.

Btw, this PC can be called "potato"? :eek: I play on laptop with gtx 970m and 2560×1080 monitor and it works well for me. I just lowered some settings and it keeps more then 60fps. Games still looks really good so I can't imagine about what thinks guys writing in some comments that they play on gtx 2080 and this game is badly optimized lol :D (ofc vr is diffrend story).

somebody13 likes this.
  8. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Hi AIwox the term "potato" i read many times in post for people with gtx 1060/1070.... also for me is esagerate. I drive very well at 50 fps but seems that if you don't have minimum 70/80 fps you can't play. I repeat i don't know.... someone said this. And I read if you have a potato you go slowly. For this i asked to a forum (because i don't know).

9. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

50hz is fine so long as there is no stuttering , If you run at a constant 50 FPS it will not affect your racing performance. Higher FPS just makes the picture smoother.

Turk likes this.
  10. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes for me is great 50... I think you don't see many difference between 70 and 50. Also between 80 an 120... Different is if you are under 30, your eyes notice that. I haven't stuttering but sometimes freeze in MP without fps drop and so i think is a game's bug.

11. aaaape

aaaape Racer

I think it's because high frame times causing more perceived input lag with this game when the GPU is struggling. But we humans can adapt to anything so I think you'll be ok. Depends if you are sensitive to it I guess.
    I dont think it's such a big deal with racing as it is with first person shooters. It's just annoying to see my wheel movement on screen so far behind my real life inputs.

12. Default

Default Racer

Nope better hardware won't make you faster. What makes a difference is higher fps. If you try turning graphics to the minimum, off vsync and run >100 fps you will feel your inputs are faster. This won't necessarily make you faster lap time wise but it will make you more consistent and make correcting mistakes easier.

Max Doubt and aaaape like this.
  13. aaaape

aaaape Racer

Yeah I left that part out but it goes along with what I'm saying. Lower settings not only higher fps but better frame times and less input lag. Might be able to catch a slide a hair faster but no it won't make you any faster.

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@nrc689 - I suggest you list your hardware in your signature :)

15. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Ok Conada i'll try to do it. About the argoument i have not problem because i have a single monitor at 1920x1080, everything to high and ultra except for shadow (medium) e mirror low. Vsync disabled. I tried to block at 60 fps but had a tearing problem.. and so 50 is great.

Coanda likes this.
  16. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

We hope that ACC don't has the same bug as Codemasters F1 2011 to 2013 (later i dont know not played anymore) there where a Bug / Feature where you are getting faster when you have more FPS then others. I think it was because the Physics Calculation was Connected directly to the FPS. Another great example was Fallout 4 where you can Drop something with 15fps its in slow mow and in 120 FPS its instand down.

17. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

I think you shouldn't try to lock it but just lower a bit settings so it will works around 60-65 fps. You probably have 60Hz monitor so why not use this 10fps more, imo it will give you more then some graphics improvements and for 10fps you can change just a little so you rather wouldn't notice it. And after some time you will probably feel the difference when trying back 50fps.

18. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

It's because of old falout engine.. I really can't imagine game like this worked that way ;p (hope so :D )

19. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes 60 hz... but i like my graphic! It took me a week to find the right balance.
    I could even push myself to 60 by putting something on average but I wouldn't want to lose too much in graphics.

Attached Files:

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

They had that in this years 2018 tittle. PC users with higher FPS found it was heating the tyres differently than console users at 60 FPS. They fixed it though.

21. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Did you try capping your FPS at 61,62,63,64 FPS? Sometimes this gets rid of tearing. Myself I prefer higher FPS uncapped. I have a 120hz monitor though.