1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

We need your opinion! JOYPAD SUPPORT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredOData

FredOData Gamer

1. xbox 360 controller
    2.no
    -steering speed 98%
    -gamma 2.8
    -filter 0.95
    -speed sensitivity 0.09
    -deadzone 0.02

-automatic braking off
    -automatic gearbox off
    -automatic throttle blip on
    -automatic clutch on
    -stability control 50%
    -abs yes
    -traction control yes

-bmw m3 e30 dtm
    -bmw M1 gt2
    -ferrari f40
    -ferrari 458 italia
    -lotus exos t125

-I think more fun with stability control at 20%

2. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

6. IMPORTANT:
    Here you can share your suggestions to improve the gamepad support:
    6.a. It must add exaggerated yaw option like in rfactor.

3. Baggerbob

Baggerbob Rookie

1. your gamepad model (brand, type)

Xbox 360 Controller (wired)

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? Yes / no

no

3. if you use customized gamepad settings, please list your values for:
    - Steering Speed (1 - 100%) 35%
    - Gamma (1 - 4) 2,2
    - Filter (0 - 1) 0,4
    - Speed Sensitivity (0 - 1) 0,07
    - Deadzone (0 - 0.45) 0
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (0 - 100%) 100%

4. Please list the driving assists that you use:
    Automatic braking (on / off) off
    Automatic gearbox (on / off) off
    Automatic throttle blip (on / off) on
    Automatic clutch (on / off) on
    Stability Control (off / 100%) off
    ABS (on / off) off
    Traction Control (on / off) off
    5. Your favourite car list (only car models currently available in the game)

Lotus Exos, BMW M3 GT2, Ferrari 458, Pagani Zonda R, McLaren MP4-12C GT3

5b. The least drivable car in the game with gamepad

Ferrari F40

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. "It must.. be possible to navigate through the Menu and UI with the Gamepad (pause/unpause the Sim atleast).
    6.b. "It should..be possible to map freely all Buttons / Triggers.
    6.c. "It could..
    6.d. "It would..be nice if we could put a Curvature on the Throttle / Brake Triggers.

4. Jacorius

Jacorius Gamer

PSX2 with USB adaptater

No

- Steering Speed (1 - 100%) No settings
    - Gamma (1 - 4) 1,49
    - Filter (0 - 1) 0,35
    - Speed Sensitivity (0 - 1) 0,09
    - Deadzone (0 - 0.45) No settings
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (0 - 100%) No settings

Automatic braking (on / off) off
    Automatic gearbox (on / off) off
    Automatic throttle blip (on / off) on
    Automatic clutch (on / off) on
    Stability Control (off / 100%) 30%
    ABS (on / off) off
    Traction Control (on / off) off

BMW M3 E30, KTM X-Bow, Ferrari 599XX, BMW M3 GT2

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. "It must..be possible to make Pause and to navigate through the Menu
    6.b. "It should..be possible to map all buttons (lights, pause, special fonctions like F11, ABS, etc...)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  5. alex72

alex72 Alien

I dont know if my gamepad gone bad or if Kunos changed anything lately, but its harder for some reason to drive now with my gamepad. It feels more sensitive than before. I very often spin the cars when steering before a corner without throttle, and it never happened before.

Suggestion:
    Could we maybe get an option slider for center sensitivity to slow the sensitivity down around center and keep the global sensitivity we already have sliders for? It would mean that this function would have to ease out after a few degrees from center (both left and right of center) into the global sensitivity, and not just change from slower sensitivity to the faster global one.

I dont know if its doable, but could be an idea that might be good.

Like this:
    [​IMG]

manessa, dj1001 and Timmeyyyyy like this.
  6. AlbertMwugabi

AlbertMwugabi Rookie

Original Sony Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 sixaxis gamepad with USB cable
    Using DS3Tool and using a Xbox 360 controller emulator profile

No

- Steering Speed 100%
    - Gamma 2
    - Filter 0,7
    - Speed Sensitivity 0,1
    - Deadzone 0,1
    - Rumble Effects Intensity 0%

Automatic braking off
    Automatic gearbox on
    Automatic throttle blip on
    Automatic clutch on
    Stability Control 30%
    ABS on
    Traction Control off

McLaren MP4-12C GT3
    Lotus 2 Eleven
    BMW Z4 GT3

Formula Abarth
    Lotus Exos 125
    P4/5

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a.
    The reason i don't like the formula style cars is that with gamepad it's VERY hard to drive through tight corners, like the first chicane, Variante del Rettifilo on Monza, it's close to impossible to get the car through at decent speeds.

6.b. This relates to the above. I like to be able to steer over the grip if that makes sense. Right now, at higher speed you cant steer much with a gamepad, i would like to have the option to turn off or on "over steering", i.e you can turn more then your grip should allow you.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    mata likes this.
  7. GTAce

GTAce Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    My new settings, easier to catch slides with that.

8. AlexR

AlexR Racer

My participation :
    1. Xbox360 gamepad (wired, for PC)

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? no

- Steering Speed 55%
    - Gamma 3.5
    - Filter 0.9
    - Speed Sensitivity 0.05
    - Deadzone 0.3
    - Rumble Effects Intensity 35%

Everything off except
    Automatic throttle blip ON
    Automatic clutch ON
    Stability Control 0 to 5%

I'd say many. But my favorites are P4/P5, Fiat 500, M30 GrA, Xbow

Several, mainky those very oversteering: Lotus 49, F40, MP4-12C

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. "It must be possible to use start button to open pause menu, and also use the gamepad to navigate into the menus. As weel, you absolutely need to allow head movements using the right stick.
    6.b. "You should better explain what Filter and Gamma are doing in the gamepad controls...
    6.c. A tight control of oversteering is very delicate using the gamepad. I'm not sure it's something possible to solve or optimize, but you should try... ;-) (maybe with a better explanation of gamma and filter settings... :D)

Anyway, many thanks, Kunos, for asking feedback from gamepad players ! It's a nice evidence of the respect you have for every type of player !

9. AlexR

AlexR Racer

GTace, your settings are for a wheel, and this topic is for gamepads: I'm not sure it's very helpful... :rolleyes:

10. Mario Macri

Mario Macri Gamer

I'm using the Xbox 360 wired controller and your controller settings worked out great for me. I was having problems turning at low speeds with the default settings. The car would just not turn but now with your settings, I'm taking corners like never before! Thanks!!

11. Alan Barrows

Alan Barrows Gamer

I just got the game, I will update my post with the full survey once I have played it more, but for now, my request is to be able to map the shift up and down controls to the right analog stick.

12. yusupov

yusupov Alien

1. xbox 360 controller

2.no

3.mess around w/ them once a week or so. have found plenty of settings due to threads like this one that feel fine but none that feel perfect. currently im using a & while it drives well, it looks completely unnatural, which breaks immersion for me. am going to try murfs above next.

4. i typically use gamer settings with fuel enabled & driving line disabled. i occasionally go to racer if i feel like stepping it up or that i am getting too lazy w/ all the stability control, but keep autoshifting on as i'm only gradually learning how to properly shift. the driver performance dev app is great & got me into this, of late ive spent mose of my time ingame messing around with it trying to optimal launches.

i would like to see a launch control option however, both for appropriate cars & for gamer mode. as is i think if i race (AI or otherwise) i will have to launch manually then enable auto gearbox again to get a remotely decent start.

5a. my favorite cars are generally what they would be irl. so the 458, huayra, maybe the mclaren (both not having an f1 & looking forward to the p1 dampens my enjoyment of it). these are also especially difficult w/ controller which makes finding the settings all the more important. the lotus t125 made me realize what it must be like to have a wheel. the control i felt was exhilarating & great fun; however i rarely drive it b/c it spoils me & being new to simracing i'm still learning even the most basic of things.
    5b. i'm not sure as i've only really driven a handful. i did get the specific sense that a wheel would greatly benefit my ability to handle the huayra however. i'm not sure if thats due to the speed of the car combined w/ semislicks, or if its another sign controller settings need a lot of work.

6. IT MUST: make all cars fun & easy to drive on gamer settings with little to no tampering.
    IT SHOULD: give the option (or default to) using the right stick as driver look. right now there is only a mod for this, which requires setting up every time before starting & for some reason no longer runs on my computer.
    IT WOULD: obviously be nice to make everything after launch fully controllable w/ gamepad. this is borderline "should" for me.

13. Maynard

Maynard Gamer

RSR Xbox controller filter References:
    Rank 5: Mugello F40 S3 (consider all the noob abs and stability control assists the rest are using above me)
    Rank 6: Monza F40 S3 (again some noob assists)
    Pro Rank 1: Monza MP4 12C GT3 hooray for PRO Rank
    Unranked but Imola MP4 12C GT3, cant be arsed updating RSR but did a 1:48.8 on Pro setting

1. Logitech Chillstream

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? NO!

- Steering Speed 25%
    - Gamma (1 - 4) 1.6
    - Filter (0 - 1) 0.79
    - Speed Sensitivity (0 - 1) 0.04
    - Deadzone 0
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (0 - 100%)
    80%

PRO Rank! Nothing except throttle blip and clutch on cars without paddle shift.

F40 S3, Mclaren MP4 12C GT, Other cars are fun too.

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. "It must..
    be Drunk, this is a racing sim! go home xbox controller

6.b. "It should..
    be able to handle slow and fast corners, maybe a button could be implemented to switch sensitivity. This use to be my problem but I think with my current settings i have found a sweet spot but I wish it would stay like that for all cars as it is very annoying messing around with the settings for a different car.

6.c. "It could..
    great but I fear the game might become an arcade racing game trying to compensate for the controller

6.d. "It would..

If kunos could explain how the god damn settings work and what they do, I find with my settings the steering wheel turns slower with fast movements while If you make small adjustments it turns rather quick. Like when I go into a chicane, right left, and balls it up by going going in too fast/far into the right hand and end up with a rather big left hand, you naturally quickly flick direction on the thumbstick which then makes the steering wheel turn sooooo slow i could punch the screen, but if I do this again and instead of making a quick thumstick flick and just control it in a smooth action I end up making the corner, I also have this bizarre feeling that the wheel centers quicker than it turns.

Counter steer with Controller!? I catch maybe 1 in 20 tail whips even when I feel visually that I should have, it feels in general as if the physics behaves different than it would for a wheel which I will soon be able to test as I am getting a wheel!!

SomeLankyGuy likes this.
  14. FredOData

FredOData Gamer

[QUOTE="my request is to be able to map the shift up and down controls to the right analog stick.[/QUOTE]
    I'm ok with that. and see right/left with the right analog stick

15. MGazzer

MGazzer Rookie

Thanks for reaching out to us and getting our opinions.

1. Xbox 360 wireless controller
    2. Yes
    3. N/A
    4. I turn off: TC & auto shifting

6. It's tricky, almost any car is undrivable if you just stomp on the gas at the wrong time, you have to really feather the throttle to develop the "touch".

6.a. It must be able to pause the game when I hit the pause button and work the menus with the controls.

6.b. I should be able to map the throttle/brake controls to the right stick. If you've played a variety of console racers, you'll notice they aren't always consistent. Recently I was playing Gran Turismo 5, and classic Gran Turismo has the throttle/brake controls mapped to the right thumb stick. I eventually got used to it and really enjoy having my pointer and index finger free to shift and look around.

I like having my shifting buttons as Left/Right bumper instead of the default X,Y,B,A buttons. Having the Left/Right Triggers locked to throttle/brake makes it for a hard time during braking as one hand it doing a lot of work on the controler.

eg: attempting to hard brake for a "slow" corner, will have to downshift mulitple times (ala 7 gears in the Ferrari) while trying to keep the braking smooth: Right trigger to brake, Right bumper, Right bumper, Right bumper, Right bumper, Right bumper, Right bumper, hit the apex and smooth on the Left trigger out. As a work around I've assigned the left/right stick "pushes" as shift up/down and this helps me keep the car in control.

16. Dude27

Dude27 Hardcore Simmer

1. Dualshock 2 PS2 (with USB adapter)

Can't play AC well with it ATM because

- Buttons cannot be assigned to gas/brake... Now If throttle and braking could be assigned to the nice pressure sensitive PS2 buttons (it works very well in Simbin RRE/DTM/RACE07/GTR2 etc...), it would be amazing
    - Direction is much TOO sensitive ATM even when fiddling with all the wheel/custom setup

17. dedo

dedo Rookie

1. xbox360 wireless controller
    2. no
    3. sterromg speed 1-10%
    gamma 2
    filter 0.7
    deadzone 0.45
    speed sensivity 0.1
    Rumble Effects Intensity 0.50
    4. Automatic braking off
    Automatic gearbox off
    Automatic throttle blip off
    Automatic clutch on
    Stability Control off
    ABS on
    Traction Control off
    5. P4/5 competizione
    ferrari 599xx evo
    lotus type 49
    bmw m3 gt2
    formula abarth
    5b. pagani huayra
    lotus type 49
    6. i'd like to pause the game pressing start
    fix the sterring speed , it should be the same in each part of the track and not more sensible when i'm turning
    the handbrake doesn't work (for me)
    add manual clutch (like pressing rb)
    PLEASE ADD ONLINE RACES.

18. Scrub1

Scrub1 Rookie

1. Xbox 360 Wired
    2. no

- Steering Speed 70%
    - Gamma 2.8
    - Filter 88
    - Speed Sensitivity 10%
    - Deadzone 0
    - Rumble Effects Intensity 36%

Automatic braking off
    Automatic gearbox off
    Automatic throttle blip off
    Automatic clutch on
    Stability Control off
    ABS (on / off)
    Traction Control off
    BMW 1M
    BMW M3GT2
    Ferrari F40
    Lotus 49

5b. Unsure

6. IMPORTANT:

6.a. Allow right thumb stick to operate view, look behind etc.
    6.b. Be able to set a minimum speed variable before speed sensitive steering curve starts
    6.c. Have adjustable input curves for thumbstick.
    6.d. Allow me to map pause btn on 360 controller to pause game.

19. driver1980

driver1980 Rookie

we must be able to map any button to everything please make it possible for all devices like game pads steering wheels and all other
    control peripherals

20. 1. your gamepad model (brand, type)

XBox 360 wired controller

No.

- Steering Speed (100%)
    - Gamma (2.2)
    - Filter (0.70 to 0.75 - for the Formula Abarth and other open-wheel cars / 0.85 - All cars )
    - Speed Sensitivity (50%)
    - Deadzone (0.01)
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (100%)

Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic throttle blip (ON)
    Automatic clutch (ON)
    Stability Control (off )
    ABS (off)
    Traction Control (off)

Formula Cars; Abarth, T125, F1

Track-day Cars;
    Ferrari F40

Further test is needed after 0.8

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a.
    better break control please; It locks to easily with very litlle pressure

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.