1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Thanks for the response. Still, I was thinking something more like this:

[​IMG]

Way easier to see where the cars are placed along all the corner, and less convoluted to analyse. In AC1 this was possible just with a gps channel. It was easy to map the borders of the track logging a lap driving on one border of the track for 1 lap, with those 2 laps motec generates the track borders. It is possible even to use a google earth image of the track:

[​IMG]

I suppose that the real teams use that feature available in motec in real life. The steering angle tells how much the driver has steered in, but if the car is understeering you loose track of where the car is placed in to the coner. As I said maybe someone more nerdy than me know how to create such channel with math based in the acceleration channels and speed, sadly I don't know the math to do that.

2. Borbor

Borbor Racer

I know what you are saying before. I personally haven't seen that solution to be viable irl

Does it work? Yes. Repetable every lap? No. GPS antennae don't log at 100 hz, and when you are looking at mid to high speed corners where a mistake costs half a second or more, the high sampling is needed. That's why we use radius. Your zoomed in GG will tell u the rest of the story.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3. RoccoRacing

RoccoRacing Rookie

Crazy process to make this work, shame that the game does not include it naturally.

However can someone make a youtube tutorial on how to actually use the data to create a better setup and such?

4. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Kunos, can you please write the MoTeC telemetry files with the track name populated in the "Venue" field rather than the car name, which it currently is. This causes a problem where the track has to be generated for each car rather than once for the track itself. At the moment I am manually modifying the Venue field in the Details myself, but this is a pain having to do it for every telemetry recording.

Can the car name be populated in the "Vehicle ID" field instead and "Venue" be the track name please?

Hopefully it is an easy fix you can include in one of the next updates?

Thanks for all of your hard work. The game is fantastic and getting even better with each update!

Perell0ne, JanR, menos | M6 and 4 others like this.
  5. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I found the process very straightforward. Certainly not any more complicated than the McLaren Atlas for iRacing.

As for the setup, there are plenty of resources on the internet and real life books on setups, and I find the ACC screen one of the best in terms of ease of use.

Just remember: once you have a consistent lap time, that you can repeat on-demand, do a few laps, then change one and only one parameter, then repeat the same laps and compare.

Some setup adjustments make the car faster, some easier to drive, some simply make it different and you might like it more. But most adjustments will have benefits and drawbacks so you need to either spend time doing the work yourself, or just ask others for their setups and ignore this process which can be incredibly time consuming and frustrating.

Some drivers are already so fast that they might not even need a different setups. Others (like me ) are so slow that they are better off learning to go fast with the default setups first. Some others like the process of experimenting without necessarily looking for better performance. It’s all down to you.

6. Seems since brake vents were implemented brake temps became an available channel in motec but it's in size i.e. mm opposed to temps like Fahrenheit or Celsius. Idk if I'm doing something wrong when creating time graph or is this something that'll be fixed over time?

menos | M6 and fnegroni like this.
  7. MerlinCooper

MerlinCooper Racer

Are the values changing? Then just the unit sent might be wrong. When value is constant it could be the opening af the brake duct. Which wouldn't of any value sending it all the time because it depends on the setup and doesn't change during a stint.

Eddie Gonzales likes this.
  8. Yes they change under braking and acceleration. The added channel is "brake temp" (LF RF LR RR). I'm guessing to adjust vents for certain tracks. Maybe they plan on implementing brake fade or failure in the future..guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

9. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

The assigned units of the brake temp channels (and a couple of other channels) are incorrect / missing.

A quick fix you can do yourself in Motec i2 Pro (and this fix will not break should Kunos fix the incorrect channel units) is to create a math channel for each incorrect channel and assigning the correct output unit.
    Luckily the actual numerical values in the brake temp channels do seem reasonable, so this can be used as a fix should you want to use the channel data in further math calculations that demand correct units.

I think people who use Motec i2 Pro extensively with complex calculations are in the vast minority and Kunos does currently not have a priority of clean telemetry data understandably ;-)

10. S Thompson

S Thompson Rookie

Hey guys,

read through the whole thing looking for an answer, and it was mentioned a few times. @Aristotelis is there any plans for Live data output?

We race with who hud hidden with the other drivers there IRL, and they are in the sim room by themselves, so Been able to watch the data and communicate with the driver would be that final step for us with Immersion.

11. Y22 Rydr

Y22 Rydr Rookie

Anyone have luck getting a torque and power map working? I am trying to verify I am shifting at the correct RPM. I either don't have the math right or I am asking too much from the data currently.
    Because HP is not provided via a channel, I have used the following base equation:
    HP = ((MPH/234)^3)*Weight
    To obtain speed in MPH from the Corr Speed channel, I multiplied the channel by 0.62137199
    For the weight I grabbed from a website (A NISMO website as I am working with the GTR GT3)
    Here is my final equation for HP:
    (power(('Speed' [mph] / 234),3)) * ('Excel_Total_Weight_Front' [kg] + 'Excel_Total_Weight_Rear' [kg])
    For Torque:
    (5252 * 'Horsepower' [hp]) / 'alias_ERPMs' [1/min]
    I have a attached a screen grab of the plotted results.
    Top trace is ERPM, Blue trace is Corr Speed, Green and Light Blue are HP and Torq (respectively) and the bottom is Gear.
    Any guidance / assistance is greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

12. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

It is a lot easier than that. Just use the scatter histogram and see what rpm provide that same amount of longitudinal acceleration in a gear and in the next gear. Look the examples with 2 different methods:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This method says that the car accelerates the same in 4th gear at 6964rpm than in 5th at 5822. So You could change gear at 6964rpm and not loose acceleration. Other aproximate method:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both methods say about the same, with this car at this track (BOP change from track to track) the optimal rpm to upshift is about 6965rpm.

13. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

One user of this forum asked me in private this:

I am struggling with creating the RPM at 100% Throttle channel. I am very new in using MoTec, but very familiar with Excel so I understand functions, just struggling with creating that math. If you could educate me, I would greatly appreciate that.
    Well, I considered that this question can be relevant the other people so I will post my answer here too so everybody can see how to do a math channel.

To be honest that channel isn't needed at all. I created that math channel just to get rid of irrelevant data because I tend to do very long stints (about 30+ laps) and then use all the data together so it kind of average itself displaying data density (rpm vs glong tab). But if You see the graphs in rpm histo tab using rpm graph versus rpm at 100% graph the only difference is that You only get less data displayed making the graph look cleaner. But if You're curious about the creation of that math channel this is how You can do that yourself:

[​IMG]

If You see the expression the channel it kind of lies, in reality is rpm at 99% and beyond instead of rpm at 100%. I did that because I still consider that data relevant. But to do a true 100 channel is as easy as to change the condition from >=99 to ==100 or >=100.

The choose function is kind of similar to a if function in c/c++. All it does is display only the desired info (rpm channel) under the conditions You want, in this case when throttle channel is equal or greater than 99% and the rpm channel rpm is greater than 0 (in this case is redundant to be honest).

menos | M6 and Y22 Rydr like this.
  14. andrea.rubeis

andrea.rubeis Rookie

Ho guys, is it normal that i don't see these graphic channel like suspension in my photo? It's maybe because we are in 0.7.2 version of the game or i do some mistake? I don't see also the track report :(

Thanks to all

Attached Files:

15. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

No, it is weird. In my PC all works fine and dandy, most probably You have changed something in motec, some math applied to a channel or a graph option changed. It has to be either something in the motec profile or a bug. Try to back up the worksheet You have and try to download and load again the motec worksheet that Aris uploaded here, if the problem still persist most probably will be a bug.

16. andrea.rubeis

andrea.rubeis Rookie

Thanks trasgu! I’ll try your idea of re-install motec! So... Does exists a sort of tutorial that explain how generate the image of the track? Thank for you patience!

17. JanR

JanR Gamer

Yes, this would be really nice. I'm syncing my Documents folder from my PC with Google Drive Backup & Sync, and have MoTec installed on my laptop.
    Right now (like others already described) it is necessary to completely leave the track to make the MoTec data being written to disk (and reach my MoTec installation on my laptop) - this already great feature would be even greater if it were possible to do some quick analysis directly while being in the pit, meaning that the data is either automatically, or if this is not possible/feasible manually written to the disk without exiting the current session.

Either way, keep up the great work - I'm really enjoying my time with ACC (and can't wait for the full game to be released)!

earlyapex and trasgu like this.
  18. RacinJason

RacinJason Rookie

I didn't see it earlier in this forum. Is there a way to change where the log files go on your HD? I would like to have files save on my secondary HDD rather than my primary SSD. Thanks :)

trasgu likes this.
  19. MerlinCooper

MerlinCooper Racer

You always can move the directory to the drive you want and create a symbolic link in the original location.

Example assuming ToBeMoved is the name of the directory you want to have on your other drive

Mklink c:\Path\ToBeMoved d:\NewLocation /j

20. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

Hi all,
    I would like to know how I have to use the Huracan gearbox, what speed better for shifting gears, I do not know where to look in motec.
    I want to learn