1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

One of the big downsides of the BMW is the fuel consumption, for example in Monza, 1h race, the fuel tank is not big enough, so you need to save fuel.

As iVG said, never had a problem with the tyres overheating. with the agresive setup I used to get 1 tyre a little bit yellowish, but when you modify the pressures, brakeducts and so on a little bit, there is no problem.

2. iVG

iVG Alien

Pretty positive you can do 1 hr race on Monza with enough fuel in the tank. I've done it a few times.

3. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Then I must drink too much fuel xDD Las time I did a 1h online race at monza I'd say all the BMWs or almost all of them ran out of fuel. I had to do almost all the laps (32 if I am not mistaken) using the engine map 2 to be able to get to the line. (with 0.9l left).

4. fabT

fabT Alien

Yes. When i mentioned stock setups i should have better said aggressive setup.

I run aggressive setup ( because i'm lazy ) and consistently get yellow tyres on left side after 10-12 laps at Misano, when settling pace at flat/low 1:34.
    Could be driving style, anyway when tyres turn yellowish car gets quite slippery in my hands. It loses a lot of grip.

Will play a bit with pressures and brakeducts.

5. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Also the camber (if not, then it is the toe) is set to -3.2 or sth like that, if you lower it to -3.0 or sth like that i believe you should get better temps.

I am not sure about this, so you would neet to test

fabT likes this.
  6. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

you need to shift when the lights are begin to blink or when the second red LED comes up ;)

for example between first and second chicane you need to shift to 6th gear

many ppl "overdrive" the gears which is nonsense ;)

7. iVG

iVG Alien

Except when it's more beneficial to actually rev it rather than using longer gear. Watch the lambo @brands hatch video or bertolotti last year. He even hits the limiter before the braking zone of the last left hander before the final corner. He would have lost a few tenths since he would have had to shift up, use longer weaker gear for 1 seconds then shift down mid corner and unbalance the car.
    Tips from the bottom of the barrel right there ;)

Freddie Seng and chksix like this.
  8. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

Qualifying is different story you know ;)

In a race this driving style would cost too much fuel

in this video you can see in a race he is not reving the engine at all ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  9. iVG

iVG Alien

Well a wet race mate

10. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

This is absolutely spot on! What a car, I love it.

11. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

I am a person who tends to overrev the car, that's true, but I'd say I change gears as soon as the rev lights start blinking.... maybe with the heat of the moment I forget about it and overrev the car, I will make a test next weekend.

Thank you for the advise guys.

12. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Are there any differences between the different liveries/teams in ACC? For example Rowe M6 vs. Walkenhorst M6?!

13. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

In real life round About 30kg in game cant tell you!

tw1st likes this.
  14. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Would be nice to hear some info from the dev‘s...

15. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

There should definitely be some performance differences
    between PRO and AM teams.

16. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

In which way?

17. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

it About Driver classification Pro Teams Need to put 30kg in there car by Regulation. but i can be wrong!? would ask my Friend he is Race Engineer in GT3 but he is atm in China for Blancpain Asia and i cant reach him!

18. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Maybe i should post this in the Wishlist-thread? :)

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

20. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

Think ist BOP if i remember Right!