1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. There isn't any channel for gearbox (just gears) but what I can suggest is learn how to read the scatter plot graph. What you want or clean up-shift lines and clean down shift lines. Personally I don't overboost but that's just me. Just try to match your shifting the best and as close on every lap. I'll see if I can post a pic to show you a bit later. :)

MathMilitary likes this.
  2. Untitled.jpg
    Horrible lololol! :)

MathMilitary likes this.
  3. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

I want to know what is the best time to spend each speed. is it important to go to the breaker for example?

5. zalmoxis91

zalmoxis91 Rookie

Hey guys,

I have tried following the first steps as written in the original post, but right after I open the data I cannot see any results of graphics. Moreover, I see no comparison tab.
    As you can see, I am a complete noob at this. Can't find any youtube tutorial either that can help. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or what should I do to actually see or compare laps/results?

Thank you kindly!

Attached Files:

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I'm not sure where you went wrong with setting up the MoTeC program, but to compare you simply add a 2nd log file by clicking on the "File" dropdown menu - "Open Log File" and selecting another one (you can also compare laps from the same log file in case that's what you want).
    On the far upper left side of the program (a little bit beneath the "File" dropdown menu), there's a tab for "Data". Click on it, which will show you this:
    upload_2019-4-29_15-38-34.png
    To compare laps, select the laps you want to compare with the red, white and green squares/circle.

How did you get the input telemetry btw? When I add those channels, it just turns them into a diagram instead of showing a steering wheel, for example.

7. zalmoxis91

zalmoxis91 Rookie

Honestly I have no idea. I wish I could help.

But, I still don't know how to actually show any values in Motec. All I get is the gear selection, I can't seem to show anything else (as you can see in my previous post screenshot)

8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Try this one to rule out something wrong with your file.

Attached Files:

• Test.zip
      File size:
      177.5 KB
      Views:
  9. zalmoxis91

zalmoxis91 Rookie

It's the same. I didn't configure anything in motec. I literally just did as the first post said.

10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I think something might've gone wrong when setting up the program.

Left top of this printscreen: I see you have selected "2: Driver" there, I don't even have this option. See if it also shows "1: Base" for you. If this isn't in your program, I'm pretty sure something went wrong with this part of the instructions:
    "Now into your “documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/MoTeC/Workspaces” you’ll find a folder named “base_ACC”. Copy this folder inside “documents/MoTeC/i2/Workspaces” folder and it will appear through the available workspaces inside the MoTeC i2 software.
    Alternatively you could double click on the file ”base_ACC.i2wsp-archive” and the workspace will auto-install, but on some configurations windows might not recognize how to run this file."
    [​IMG]

11. zalmoxis91

zalmoxis91 Rookie

I actually did the auto-install part. It did detect it, said it ran successfully. I had no errors there.

And no, I do not have a Base option where the Driver is.

Should I uninstall and do everything manual?

12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Just check if the base_ACC folder is here: documents/MoTeC/i2/Workspaces
    If it's not, copy base_ACC from this folder: documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/MoTeC/Workspaces to the folder above.

Eddie Gonzales likes this.
  13. zalmoxis91

zalmoxis91 Rookie

It is there. Didn't have to copy it.

14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Try this: in the program, go to File - Workspace - Open Workspace and open base_ACC

zalmoxis91 likes this.
  15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

For anyone interested, I figured out how to get the telemetry into the program:
    upload_2019-4-29_21-18-59.png

Just drag the bottom line a bit up (right below "Meter"). Then, from the "Add" dropdown menu, Gauge. Here you can select if you want a Dial, or Bar and steering wheel.

Mai_88 and chksix like this.
  16. zalmoxis91

zalmoxis91 Rookie

This did the trick! Thank you!

Btw, is there a way to find other log files from faster users/laptimes on tracks?

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

They're stored locally, just hope they will upload them to the forums :p

18. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

It's completely unrelated to Your post, but I would want to show to the devs that the graphs don't overlap correctly, and it is a bug that I hope they fix. It can be vastly improved with a workaround: adding an offset to one of the laps compared. But it is a pain in the *** because once one of the selected laps selection box change or is unselected then the offset is lost and You have to redone this offset over and over and over again wasting your patience and time. In AC1 with acti, rfactor, gtr1/2 or even in grand prix legends 2 telemetry laps allways had been able to overlap correctly, so it must be a bug in the way ACC exports the telemetry data. I know that 2 laps can't match perfectly, we aren't robots so brake points change few meters between laps and driving lines differ, but when all the braking points, turning points and throttle inputs in a lap are 40 meters later than in other lap telemetry with the same car, setup and track conditions then it has to be a bug.

Eddie Gonzales likes this.
  19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

What do you mean, they do overlap perfectly for me?

upload_2019-5-1_9-25-53.png

20. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

But not in the image of the post
    In the image of the post I meant they have an offset. Look one example with my telemetry data:

[​IMG]

Take a look the cursors: those braking points in the second chicane are 107 meters distant of each other (If I really had applied brakes there I would had landed in the moon :) ). Normally my braking points in other sims can have a difference of 10 or even 20 meters, but about 100 meters in all the braking points has to be an offset in the distance axis. If laps of the same session are selected then the data overlaps correctly, but if 2 laps of different sessions are selected then it happens what I showed in the picture. Also the distance of the offset varies, wich is even more weird.

The first time it happened to me I thought at first that maybe I had unselected the corrected distance lock button or the gps time lock, but even with them selected the data don't overlap at all. With data from the same session the data always overlap fine.