1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Is it possible to zip both files and upload them here?

2. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

The forum doesn't let me to upload both full sessions because of the amount of data. So I will upload the given laps:

Attached Files:

• Laps.zip
      File size:
      360.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Ok, I think I figured out how to do this.

First, unlock GPS Time. Now, whilst you have 2 or more laps overlayed, right-click one of the channels and click Data Offset - Show Data Offset Axis.
    This will bring up new sets of distance indicators at the bottom of the screen. You can now drag these lines to make the graphs line up.

It's really easy to set an offset this way, and also it won't reset the offsets when you select a different lap.

upload_2019-5-1_12-47-34.png

upload_2019-5-1_12-47-14.png

Mai_88 likes this.
  4. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

It's almost the same as I was doing, with the exception that it is a bit faster to overlap the graphs. But still some issues persist, look:

[​IMG]

This is after I adjusted the offset by your method, in the second chicane is awfully obvious the offset, I didn't take the entire chicane while braking, also if I change of tab the offset is undone. I suppose that the only fix for this is for the game to export the data properly, also saving time to us when comparing different sessions.

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You're using GPS time lock, turn it off :p Offsets will stay in place when switching tabs, here's a screenshot of the 2 files you sent me, which I offset.

upload_2019-5-1_14-16-26.png

6. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

You are right, my bad :oops:. It's a nice workaround until they get to fix it. Thanks ;).

7. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Racer

My issue is with various numbers in the Electronics telemetry laps tab, I am not getting any data. I can't see why. It was working, I cleaned out the folder. Closed MOTEC in case of some conflict reloaded the setup. Changed the laps number. I have this a few days ago and it started to work. But today I cannot get it to work at all.

Any ideas?

8. somebody13

somebody13 Rookie

Hi guys! Is there any place where i can share or find shared motec files to compare? :)

9. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Sadly not. The closest that a game has ever been to that was back in the heyday of live for speed, they had a website with the replays of all the world record laps, I believe that the game itself uploaded that if the player made a world record. With those replay files you could extract the telemetry data and compare it with your own laps. It was really useful back then. Grand prix legends also had the gplrank that was basically the same except that the game didn't upload the times nor the replays by itself, it had to be the user. If ACC had done a website with the same system with replays and motec data of the world records then they would had obliterated the competitors, but I believe that it would be way too greedy to ask for something like that to the devs.

somebody13 and Chriss like this.
  10. @trasgu so If I show that Data Offset Axis below w/ 2 laps it should both be at zero for the 2 correct?

11. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I don't understand the question. The offset problem happens when you compare laps from different sessions only. If you compare 2 or more laps from the same stint then all of them overlap completelly fine, but if you load data from let's say 3 days ago then the data don't overlap. The workaround is simply manually move the data in the distance axis using an arbitrary point to align data (I tend to use the first braking point of the lap ), but let's say that even with that the data won't be 100% placed in the correct distance where it was recorded. As I said it is a workaround useful enough to make some comparison, but we shouldn't be having to be bending over backwards manually aligning data. And also there is the problem with comparison of laps with different levels of downforce or fuel level, because the braking points change making really difficult to align data properly, even if still steering data could be used up to a certain point to overlap graphs that would be a workaround of a workaround and even less accurate.

Eddie Gonzales likes this.
  12. somebody13

somebody13 Rookie

Maybe in the near future someone from the community will create a platform for this purpose (sadly I don't have these competences :'D) Thank you very much!

Eddie Gonzales likes this.
  13. That would be great but I think straight set-up sharing is more commonly used.

14. Thanks for the explanation @trasgu sorry I wasn't really clear about the data offset axis. It has brings out slide rulers at the bottom of the "screen" it has 0 for the M lap and 0 for O (the overlap) that slide and moves the data. I didn't know it was overlays say days apart, must've missed that part in the thread above..but I don't seem to have that issue. Kinda odd but at leased I know how to kinda remedy it if it does occur in the future. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

15. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

You can be sure that somebody will create a website with replays, it has been made by fans in almost every sim since GPL, it's nothing new. The groundbreaking aspect is make it mandatory from the game itself, if You make a world record then the game automatically uploads the replay and motec data of that lap to the website. This would teach people a lot about. I myself cand lap from 0.7 to 1.2s to the world records in a hotlap, but I can't see any difference with what I do while watching a video from someone 0.8s faster. The motec data would make it very clear, If after that I would be able to improve or not is another question, I will never be an alien but at least I would like to know why I'm slower.

16. MuddyPaws73

MuddyPaws73 Rookie

Is there a Lap Distance channel in the ACC Motec file? If not, is there a way to add one?

17. Are camber values included? I had a look but couldn't find them.
    Thanks. :)

18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Rookie

Hello there I'm new here.
    I need the Camber and Tyre Temp Graph for ACC. With which Maths I can get this Graphs?

19. Camber isn't measured by a channel in ACC.

20. CEPEGA

CEPEGA Rookie

For some reason ACC does not export telemetry sometimes, even with "telemetry laps" set above 0. And sometimes i have only .ldx files (with the timestamp of the according session) in MoTeC folder but no .ld files, and sometimes there is none of the files get exported. I am curious if this is a bug or something on my pc is interferring with telemetry export in ACC.