1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Hi,

+1 for random dynamic weather.
    Real weather condition as content manager for AC could be great to.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think that's completely unrealistic. The sun can be out and it can start raining but it won't get dark until that rain cloud covers up the sun. I guess time of day, direction of clouds can play a big part in it.

3. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I have experienced is a pronounced 'step' in brightness though. It's quite noticeable and a little distracting. Like the lights are going down by 5% increments. It feels like this could be made smoother. Can't say that I notice it all the time though, (the Zolder server with evening/night qualifying seems smooth for example) so perhaps it's only in certain weather conditions?

Freddie Seng and Franc Pisek like this.
  4. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

I also noticed that but I'd say it was only on the servers where the time lapse was accelerated. Was your server with 1x time? or was it accelerated?

5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I think this is accelerated. Will have to do some testing to see if I can replicate it.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Arlo and mr Switchblade like this.
  7. Its official ACC needs snow now , snowing at Brands Hatch now. Sorry devs :eek::D

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Max Doubt likes this.
  9. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

For the Spa Race, they seem to have put the Variation Value to 100% :-D

10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

So, "dynamic weather on" again? :D

D.Jankovic likes this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Qualifying
    [​IMG]

mikendrix likes this.
  12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

People say rain in acc is unrealistic because they spin all the time :D

13. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Like the guy in the grass. He really struggled to get out. The game is really accurate.
    Today we saw again pretty good situations with « weather system ». Slick or wet ? It was really strategic.
    Tomorrow the weather will be more constant, some clouds but no rain.

14. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

That's because it rained. That situation is like dry grass in ACC lol.

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Exactly my thoughts for the one in grass...XD happened to me so nanny times that i accelerate and try to get out and just end up in another spin... until i try to get out slowly :D Love it

16. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I use pit speed limiter to drive on the grass, it helps a lot.
    And yes, it’s more slippery because it rains. Ingame even in clear weather it’s difficult to come back to the road.
    But I think they actually worked on it, it was worse in earlier releases.

Arlo and PiretSS2000 like this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

18. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Amazing :p he tried to get grip as fast as possible so he smashed the throttle but his wheels were still on the grass so he spinned spinned spinned

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  19. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

You spin me right round right round, like a record baby right round

tow likes this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Dynamic weather clearly broken at Spa atm.

D.Jankovic likes this.