1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Do you think the MP would require a subscription in the future ?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mikendrix, May 4, 2019.

1. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Hi

ACC is on the same league as iRacing. So they could make the MP with a subscription ?
    Or did they ever state they will never do that ?

DzelRacing likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    Physics Bugs & Issues 108 Car Nordschlief Grid Requirements? (Mod) Apr 14, 2023
    General modding discussion 3D modeller required Aug 12, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA 80 cannot join multiplayer race with SA 80 requirements Mar 30, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Public Lobby No SA Requirement Nov 26, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Own Server Help Required (PC) Sep 18, 2020
    XBox One Discussions Disqualification for ignoring required minimal driving Aug 1, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Mandatory 0/255 Vaild Requirements Box Jun 30, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New wheel required Jun 28, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Disqualifed for ignoring min driving requirement Sep 1, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Hello, friends, I require some pedal assistance Jun 9, 2020
    ACC User Interface F3, F5 and F7 camera controls require Ctrl? Jun 3, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Racecraft "racecraftRatingRequirement": 90, not executed in setting.json MP May 14, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Server Hardware Requirements May 3, 2020

3. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

A two tier online experience would also be a possibility.

4. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

If we need that to improve the MP experience, I am voting in favour of this idea. I am even ready to accept to paid 40/60 euros per years (Iracing being too expensive).That would be reasonable.

For me, we also need official "chat" for every Kunos server (Discord is a bonus, vocal chat is essential in the game by default). One Kunos server For every tracks in "pratice mode" and in "race mode" (endu or quick race). We need to visualise our evolution: Silver, AM, pro AM...Or :class D, C, B, A like Iracing, I'dont know. We have stat menu (ranking system, really great) but we need goal, a menu for that, what we have to do to enter in other class, stuff like that.
    The sanction in MP is too light (we loose SA but not so much, and loosing SA must mean something in our career. Stuck on the Rookie class some idea like that). And for now, some behaviours in MP, that is hell. A lot of good behaviour but a lot of crazy stupid thinks. We need a general framework to boost good behaviour.

I really do like the new idea made by Kunos, but right know some basic things are missing.
    The game brings new ideas but miss some basic stuff for this to work.

EDIT: + A lot of server with 0/20, and there is not a lot of server finally.
    It's not like the "Event" in the game, more official, professional, Esport.
    We are depending on players.If I want pratice or race on a particular track, is not self evident.

For me, all of this limits the potential for ACC.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    fnegroni likes this.
  5. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Why? I hope not. I hate iR just because of that.

6. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

If the MP doesn't change/evolve, maybe we can take some comfort with stuff like that.
    https://www.simrace-blog.com/2018/1...stem-pour-assetto-corsa-avec-mentaloh-gaming/

But again, I prefer Kunos idea and official stuff...and some great stuff like the SRO series, really.
    And I'm ready to paid for a subscription (cheaper than Iracing) if it's not otherwise possible.

Why ?
    1. Iracing is too expensive, I 'm Ok (and even there, it can be economically justified in comparison to IRL, but still very expensive for a video game).
    2. The content is paid separately in addition to the subscription. And therefore, subscription should only be for MP, not for the content.

I don't want that, no misunderstandings... But the MP experience is really great, it's a fact.

To a certain point if we want more official server and stuff like that, and if Kunos is underfunded and understaffed... (Works needs money).
    If I have to choose between the MP like it currently consists or a lot of improvement/follow-up
    ... the question has the right to be posed if we need a subscription for that (again, cheaper than Iracing and only for MP).

EDIT: My main problem is in my first post on this thread/topic, the solution: subscription necessary or not is for Kunos.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  7. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Can't we just wait until ACC is actually released? We still don't know how is it going to be in the final version, and to be honest devs must be really pissed off reading this.

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I wouldn't mind paying a subscription if it meant really good multiplayer, the big problem is I really don't think enough people would be willing to adhere to make it worthwhile.

9. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

The game will be released in less than a month...
    And it's just discussion, some ideas, feedbacks, there is nothing offensive. We know that the game is not finished, even after the release.
    I'm sorry but it's a part of the job.

We all said that we love their job, and it's for this reason we are here express ourselves (to improve the game). We support Kunos team.

fnegroni likes this.
  10. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Exactly my point. They must now be working full speed to get everything done (and remember, ACC is not a multiplayer only experience).

It's not me who says this, its the devs who have admitted to it more than once, and this is why wishlists are not allowed.

Right now they must concentrate on finishing what they have on their hands, and after that I'm sure feedback will be more than wellcome, as it always has been :)

11. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

You have right..But for me, Simracing is more MP than solo.
    In any event, I am personally open for this idea of subscription if it's necessary.

12. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

This is not Kunos politics.

13. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes me too, I don’t think so.
    I was jut asking, we never know

14. I don't hope so o_O

anthony galmiche likes this.
  15. anthony galmiche

Finally, it must be said that Kunos is now part of 505 Game so many things relative may have happened, but I would be disappointed if it followed the same economic model as Iracing for example.

After_Midnight likes this.
  16. anthony galmiche

me neither, for on !!
    But, if many wishes go in this direction
    who knows !!
    Kunos listens to his community.

After_Midnight likes this.
  17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Like I said before: If Kunos decided to charge monthly to provide their own servers with matchmaking and so on, there probably wouldn't be too many people willing to pay, especially because it wasn't announced beforehand, so we would have ACC with really good multiplayer, but nobody playing it.

So far I'm pretty convinced that Kunos' "Advanced Multiplayer with Matchmaking" just means it's AC1 multiplayer with some filters so now and then you find a server where you don't die at T1.

18. anthony galmiche

But do not panic, I'm sure the team is going to give us something fantastic, in view of what early access shows us.

19. If you read the question of the OP as a whole there are no questions left. ATM ACC is not even close to iRacing's Multiplayer and there is nothing what justifies a subscription model.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  20. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I just a question of good pricing. And Iracing have consumers, it's not a desert.

I think gamers and Kunos should leave open the possibility if and again if it's necessary.
    40 euros for example is not so much if the quality is really there for MP (without having to pay for sale unit, very expensive content + very expensive subscription like Iracing).

I hope not but I'm open to the idea with the good pricing.
    For the moment, A lot of server with with 0/20, and there is not a lot of server finally (1 or 2 from Kunos).
    Again, We are depending on players. If I want pratice or race on a particular track, is not self evident.

It would be really nice to have "Open pratice" on official servers, on every track, every day, and official server for race too (for official championship or not). Also, it would be good to get a "test drive" wouldn't affect the ranking system for friends and family. And also to pratice before MP.

Will it be possible without subscription ? I don't know... However, I have an open mind

I really don't understand that... 40 euros/per year for example, is not so much ? It depends of the price. If it really helps to provide a big improvement, to bring us on another level?

People are trapped in their own routine..:(

21. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I really hope not, if I liked the business model of iracing I would be in iracing's forum now instead or here. In the world of software I despise and hate: paywalls, software as a service and anything on the cloud. I never will purchase a game with any of those features (iracing has at least 2 of the 3), I'm ok about paying for new packs of cars or packs of new tracks because at the end of the day you own that software you have the option to decide if you purchase it or not and you have a functional software now and in 50 years from now, in iracing every year you have to pay again for the same content or you can't use it ever again until you pay again for the same. I know that servers aren't free, but there is allways the option to the community to create servers without involvement from the game developers.

renato63 likes this.