1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS 0.7 Rating, Multiplayer & eSports event notes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Can be that or something similar, but in my case it passes much more than 10 minutes.
    But I understand that the ratings aren’t something easy to fine tune, so no worries, I’m just reporting my case and, in the meantime, I was promoted again. :)

MathMilitary likes this.
  2. Hi, sorry for my bad english, i have a question is possible running without license?
    Every time i have friends in the house wanna play with acc but They make my driving license go down

gaz41 likes this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Been asked a few times, workaround is to setup a second steam account and enable family sharing with your primary account...

4. [QUOTE = "Rolz, post: 1044161, membro: 16668"] Sono state fatte alcune domande, per ovviare al problema è necessario impostare un secondo account Steam e abilitare la condivisione della famiglia con il tuo account principale ... [/ QUOTE]
    Thanks

Rolz likes this.
  5. Si.

Si. Simracer

@Minolin would it be possible to allow focus to be set on Race Craft in MP, I think it would be useful info about the driver ahead or behind i.e. whether you should be trying to push to overtake or maintain position. Actually that could be reflected in radio messages from your engineer ‘push you should be able to get past the driver ahead’ or ‘do your best to maintain position, the driver behind is quicker than you:)

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Very touchy topic. Tbh. I was thinking of an "Adaptive" option, where the rating focus would wildly switch like
    - TR unless all 3 medals are in
    - CN for non-special event Hotstints
    - PC for special events, showing ranks and corresponding rating in all 3/4 current events
    - SA for SP/MP sessions with other cars around

Giving incentives to push, especially around "try to overtake" or "try to defend" sounds like an incredibly bad idea. Not for you well respected and trusted guys around, but the other 98% of the userbase :D

7. Si.

Si. Simracer

I think adaptive would be great idea as an option. Perhaps the above could be done only when a certain SA/RC/CC rating is also present. I was thinking the radio calls would really add atmosphere too.

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I like how the green color of the ratings label (CN, SA, CC etc.) indicates an improvement although the value doesn't change, yet.

R. Iván and XettMan like this.
  9. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Forget this lame guy.
    The real deal is Jimmy Britton. Hopefully CrewChief can appear soon on ACC.

R. Iván and kuccu like this.
  10. fabT

fabT Alien

Hey @Minolin, today i did a few empirical experiments, i would like to share some data.

I had 2 goals:
    • Starting in a somewhat inconsistent situation of 8400+ TO yet Bronze tier, checking how long ( hours, distance ) it takes to trigger a "proper" tier upgrade.
    • Checking how far i could push CN/CC by doing some careful and consistent lapping.

So i decided to run a 15 Min. hotstint at Misano, mimicing the average MP race length ( usually 15-20 mins ).

I've run that 3 consecutive times, carefully paying attention not to lose car control.
    It means 45 Mins, 27 laps done and 113 km overall.

Speaking of lap time spread, Max difference between fastest / slowest lap time was about 1 second ( this including first laps, usually quite slower ).
    About 0.5 secs excluding the few outliers.
    Fastest lap was about 0.8 seconds off my personal best, not much far considering i wasn't pushing.

Anyway, my starting stats were:

Code:
    TO=8448
    CC=84
    CN=78
    Tier=Bronze

and after the 3 hotstints ( 45 mins. / 113 km ) i got:

Code:
    TO=8628
    CC=85
    CN=81
    Tier=Gold

So these 3 hotstints, about 100km, were more than enough to trigger a proper tier upgrade from bronze to gold.

Since i noticed already CN being strangely volatile, i decided to run a single further and longer 30 mins hotstint. It means another 19 laps and about 80 km.

This is what i got after the last, longer hotstint:

Code:
    TO=8845
    CC=85
    CN=95
    Tier=Gold

Pretty obvious CN skyrocketed ( +14 points ), whereas CC didn't even move.
    CC did actually peak at 87, but pulled back at 85 by the end of the stint.
    I was likely close to my limit ( tired ) there and i think CC pullback makes sense.

CN instead kept rising till the end of the stint.
    I suppose a longer stint would push it further up.

In the end, if we consider the starting and ending stats after these 3x15M + 1x30M hotstint, we notice TO improved by about 4,7%, CC by about 1,1% and CN by about 21,7% ( and that's probably underestimated ).
    So i think CC is almost pretty spot on, whereas CN is quite suspect and likely responsibile for some unpredictable variation in TO ( hence on tier ).

Finally, keep in mind that here we consider 1H15M of driving and less than 200km covered.
    A > +20% move in CN looks indeed excessive for such a short distance / timespan and i have dozen of driving hours already, including long stints ( e.g. 30 - 60 minutes ).

I'd humbly suggest to look into CN before even touching CC.
    The latter doesn't look broken.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Chriss and XettMan like this.
  11. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

@Minolin
    yesterday while I race in multiplayer, my PC rating up from 78 to 79. how is that possible?

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If more people did the event and they did worse then you then your rank could go up, for example you may have been 200/1000 but now could be 200/1100 so your rank could go up this way.

13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

^^^^ This above Or leaderboards got little tidy up from cheaters :)

martcerv likes this.
  14. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Especially when you read these while in you quali out lap, or while lapping/being lapped

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

@Minolin I have come across quite a few good racers in some open servers, however many of these guys have no SA rating. I think the main issue is because you need PC rating at 50 to get SA unlocked.

Most of these guys would be top 20 easily but likely have little interest in special events. As PC rating isnt used for server filtering it seems maybe unlocking SA before PC would help many more people get a rating. Even those slower guys that cant get to 50 PC in a special event it would be nice to let them join better servers.

This would make the SA servers more valuable but if so few have even unlocked SA it seems a bit of a waste keeping some very good racers from other sims stuck in fully open or locked private league servers.

These are the guys we should encourage into clean public servers, not turn them away from public servers when they see how bad these often get.

fnegroni and Rolz like this.
  16. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

SA should be independend from PC, because:
    - Driver can be safe but slow, so maybe never reach PC50
    - Driver maybe is not interested in boring special events at all, so never gets PC50

17. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

I don't really think it's possible to be so slow that you can't get PC 50 for more than your first few hours of playing the game. You can do it in the Zolder hotstint event with average laptimes around 1:38.

sps_for_race and R. Iván like this.
  18. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

But many are only interrested in MP, not some lonely hotlapping or racing against AI.

19. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Okay, but many others prefer hotstins and other hotlaps.

20. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Who prefer lapping alone than racing with AI/real people? Lol people can like it for practicing and beating fast laptimes etc, but I'm pretty sure no one PREFERS hotlap to races