1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS 0.7 Rating, Multiplayer & eSports event notes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin showed the graph where you could see that most of the owners did nit unlock SA. I think a reason is, that people don't want to invest time in special events when they can race in MP. I don't care anymore about PC (=Special Events) after I unlocked SA. I am only interested in SA and maybe RC.

I think I am not the only one with that attitude...

Rolz likes this.
  2. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

The point is that getting 50 PC is very easy, so you only have to do 1 or 2 laps at the moment to get to SA. So anyone that doesn't want to get 50 PC I really don't know what they are doing here

R. Iván likes this.
  3. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

Quick question..... How do you cycle the pages of the MFD while using a thrustmaster ts-xw steering wheel? I get the live timing bit but don`t know how to cycle through it

Thanks in advance
    Baz

4. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Have you assigned a button to the MFD function?
    It can be found under controller settings.

5. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

By definition 50% of the population cannot achieve a PC50 because PC50 means that time is better than 50% of the population. If someone practices and gets PC50 it pushes someone else down below PC50.

I don't think it is wise to have a Pace requirement to unlock SA or alternatively have Pace based on an absolute time which most people could achieve with some practice. Having half of the population not being able to participate in the rating system seems overly restrictive and not good for the popularity of ACC overall.

fnegroni likes this.
  6. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

How come for the SRO is again Monza under the special events? Shouldn`t be Paul Ricard?

7. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Just wondering if RC is meant to change when not actually racing people? i.e in practice or quali sessions. Or if leaving a session before the race starts somehow counts as negative racecraft, like you are scared to race and thus punished for leaving :)

I ask because I have in the last week gradually gone from 65 RC to 60, but it hasn't changed at all during races, the few races I have done I have not noticed any loss or gain of RC during.

The times it has gone down, by 1 RC at a time, is after joining a server and not ending up racing, either by driving in FP or Q or a bit of both, each time I have done this I seem to lose 1 RC.

Just now I was at 61, joined an empty server (Kunos one at PR) trying to populate, after driving around on my own for a while decided to leave as nobody had joined, and had lost another RC.

Makes me VERY discouraged from trying to populate servers, surely this is not meant to happen @Minolin ?

fnegroni likes this.
  8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

9. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

I have tried to assign a button in controller settings but it won’t let me.

Regards

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

RC is only active during races, and no there's no punishment for leaving. Most parts of it just activate when you are racing closely (but positions obviously matter a tiny bit as they are needed for the entropy).
    However you may see the RC value changing in P/Q (or even if you didn't even start ACC) as it's relative to other drivers. Same to PC, it can raise or drop by how others are doing

LeiF likes this.
  11. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

So 100 RC is like 100 PC? It means you are the best?

12. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Also, different levels of the AI have a different RC? Cause always that I race the AI and I overtake them I gain RC, it doesnt matter if the level is 80 or 100

13. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

Well firstly, you only have to unlock it once. You don't lose access if someone pushes you out, so far more than 50% who participate will reach PC50. Second, what you say may be right in theory, but in practice hotstints are like a hack. There's a lot of people who should be on ritalin or something who just inexplicably give up after 1-5 laps. So if you just drive the entire stint and stay on the track, you will reach the PC50. It doesn't really matter how fast you are, assuming you were fast enough to get past CC and unlock PC in the first place - i.e. any remotely reasonable speed will do.

Doesn't really matter what anyone prefers, tbh. If someone is not willing to spend 10 to 30 minutes of his life unlocking the SA, then he doesn't deserve to race on clean servers. IMO systems that weed out people who are completely unwilling to put in even 1% effort toward something are beneficial to the community in the long run, even if we lose a handful of people in the short term.

R. Iván and PiretSS2000 like this.
  14. R. Iván

R. Iván Gamer

As Minolin once mentioned, obtaining PC, SA, RC is quick and easy for the experienced, and those that are not, the idea of the system is to help them improve, and at the same time it is an excellent clown filter in the online I prefer to race against that 50% of good drivers than those who are below that percentage, since below 50% is not worth it, sorry for my "elitist" comment but you have to be honest, the rookies will have to improve for have good careers, I hope the system takes care of that

Do not you like to do special events? Take your time and earn your licenses to compete online

15. Rolz

Rolz Alien

When you live somewhere with there are hundreds of drivers online every night this won't be an issue... who cares about those that don't want to follow the process, but for us that live where there are not many drivers about and the busy Euro servers are 350ms ping away we need other ways to entice people to get their SA rating up.
    In AC I never touched career and I suspect others who don't to the challenges don't care either... but then are not away this is why they can't get SA rating up
    All issues the ACC devs have to way up.

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Hopefully in v1 it will clearly show people what ratings do and how to activate things. Most seem to have no idea how to get a PC rating, this can be seen clearly in the forums with a number of threads already.

Even if in the lobby when someone try's to get into a server and it says qualification not met. This should tell them what qualification and how to get it or where to see the info needed.

17. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

This is an issue that's important to me because I'm one of the slow beginners :p My laptime around Zolder is around 1:36, but I had no problem getting PC50+ though with probably more effort than it took most (I did spend several hours practicing Zolder, earning my track medals and getting consistent on that track), and I'm up to 57 SA 4 races after unlocking it.

IMO there's a big difference between people who are learning, want to improve, and play by the community norms and etiquette compared to the people who feel they shouldn't have to put in any effort for anything. I don't think it counts as "elitist" to want this second group to have to reform before they can join your server.

It wasn't too long ago I reached CC50, and the rating system collapsed down becoming a message to the effect of "Congratulations, you've unlocked the pace rating. Go participate in special events to compete against other drivers!" I guess maybe if you just hop straight online without kind of progressing through the game the way they intend, maybe it doesn't show up as clearly idk? I'm sure the interface will receive some tweaks, if not 1.0 then as we go along. :)

PiretSS2000 and martcerv like this.
  18. R. Iván

R. Iván Gamer

Perfect, we have the same thought! It is really appreciated to see people who want to improve helping with the ACC system, it is not perfect yet but it will improve, and I prefer a thousand times to have people on track who are slow but who know what they do, to people who believe too much good to waste time in uploading their statistics to enter the multiplayer, probably because they can not do 4 clean laps.

See you at the track ;)

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think those messages have changed, but with the positioning of that at the bottom of the screen I regularly miss what it says. It would be ideal if when you unlocked something like that the next time you went to pit menu it would be a big popup screen to make sure you actually see it. Mid run I am rarely going to be focusing on the bottom of the screen and my wheel base just about covers this up anyway, I purposefully need to look over the base to read this and its very easily missed.

Another possibility is for those that have not unlocked SA due to no PC or below 50, maybe have the special events highlighted with a little popup as you hover over it. Telling you that you need to get your PC50 rating via special events in order to unlock SA the next step in your driver profile progression.

Strawberry likes this.
  20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's not entirely true, and - in numbers - actually far from it. But I'm glad we could hold up the impression, as it should feel like "I'm above average" ;)

1: PC (now) scales 1 - 89, which more or less means the 50 PC roughly is at the 40% mark
    2: As we use only the best leaderboard, everyone has 3 (but usually 4) different chances per season to score the 50 once
    3: You only need a 50 once
    4: The actual performance needed is several seconds off pace in Hotlap, and usually you only need to "arrive" in any Hotstint

I admit it may be some effort for not-so-experienced drivers, but that's exactly the point. Maybe you need to get a bit involved in the theory, find one or two major flaws to get rid of, but in no way it's impossible.

Ya but that's not relevant, if you had 50+ PC once, the story of unlocking SA is over.

That's very cool to hear. Sounds exactly right.

Overall, I see the discussion about switching PC and SA, and tbh. it was a close decision to go for this order. Still, I absolutely do not agree that the PC rating is in any way too hard, and that would be the reason why we should switch it.
    Every Rating category is placed in a way that the previous ones do support it, you could say they are mandatory prerequisites. For SA, we start driving with other cars, and that means you need to be able to follow other cars (especially TR, CN - but also PC). There is a common misunderstanding about AI strength, where you would tune them down so you can spin twice a lap and still catch up - but then they are so slow that it's very difficult to do what is needed for SA. And in general, the AI becomes better and better to drive with the faster we allow them to go.

The major problem why so many people have PC locked is that they do not know, or care. I had the wrong assumption that the white help text you see *any* time you start out in the car may help, and if you go to the Rating Profile you'll see a hyper-sized text in the PC section.. But that doesn't mean it properly guides drivers where to go.

Dookie, SimDrive, Strawberry and 3 others like this.