1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Brake ducts and Tyre damage

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Apr 3, 2019.

1. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

Haha i get excited over details in sims.
    Thanks for all the hard work,ACC is already THE GT3 sim for me.
    I'll be waiting for that next post :D (do a ferrari one) take your time.
    THANKS again.:)

SimGuy_1 and Salvatore Amato like this.
  2. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

I love what has been implemented so far. great job
    Surely you can add smoke and sparks to the dragging tyre, but I am confused as to why you will lose almost all drive if you have a rear puncture, the punctured tyre spins, never seen that in real life before. even when they lose the whole tyre carcass you can still drive at a limited speed around the circuit and if that was the case, wouldn't a car with TC stop the spinning and transfer drive to the inflated tyre side?
    I know its still early days so maybe these questions have already been answered or implemented to the final release , keep up the good work fella's
    cheers

daxus and paul_wev like this.
  3. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I was wondering something: in the real life in the 24h races the brake pads and disks are changed multiple times. Disks and brake pads will be consumables in ACC?, the driving style will affect how fast they degrade?.

Mitja Bonca likes this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

5. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Of course it's unknown because it's not yet implemented. We'll have to see.

There's usually one brake change at the Spa 24h, so I'm sure Kunos has thought about it.

7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Do real gt3 cars have individual options on brake ducts for all 4 wheels? if yes then will you guys implement individual setups options for all 4 tyres that would be really cool.
    But i must say ACC is best out there period.

8. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Aris I have a question: what is the maximum temperature that the brake disks can handle for an endurance race?. IRL somebody in the team would just give a call to a Brembo guy and in 5 minutes would know the answer, it would be very painfull to make 3 or 4 sessions of 3 straight hours with different sizes of brake ducts just to know at what maximum temperature the wear starts to increase exponentially. I'm under the impression that in qualy the 300-750ºC range works fine, being the 350-650ºC range the sweet spot, but in a long race the maximun temperatures have to be lower than that in order to avoid premature wear.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  9. iVG

iVG Alien

Disc and pad wear aren't simulated currently so your question has no answer.

Tim Meuris and PiretSS2000 like this.
  10. [QUOTE = "Aristotelis, post: 1036168, member: 1"] Não posso dizer o intervalo exato, você precisa experimentar : D[/ QUOTE]
    Olá amigos, primeiro tenho que me desculpar pelo inglês, não falo o idioma, uso google tradutor, segundo, não posso deixar de elogiar este jogo, e simplesmente fantástico de longe as falhas estão próximas das corretas, eu só gostaria de pedir duas coisas aqui para vocês desenvolvedores que eu acho que é de grande importância para a imersão absurda que este jogo já nos dá, o primeiro e a questão dos intervalos entre eles, motor, freio, elétrico, suspensão, desgaste do pneu principalmente em freios de freio onde o pneu pode ser quadrado, e segundo e sujo o pára-brisa com um motor de motor estourou na frente, insetos, poeira Acho que com esses detalhes este jogo vai ser muito difícil de bater, espero prestar atenção a este comentário, porque eu sou um fã gande do jogo e mais e mais Você me surpreende com meus sinceros parabéns.

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Flat spots have a bug in your version. They are coming corrected in v1.0
    Dirt on the windscreen also coming improved in v.1

12. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

A bit off for this topic, but since you mentioned it.
    And rain drops and how they go on the windscreen while wiping them too? :)
    Cause this is a very important aspect, since you watch this all the time while raining.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    ManroV likes this.
  13. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@Aristotelis it's such an amazing feeling on an 1h race at Brands Hatch how gently, gently you feel the tyres getting worse... loosing a bit more traction here and there... and even some very very light "rumbling" through the FFB under load after 3-4 too hard brakings and after having lost some pressure over the kerbs. You can really feel how the tyre is suffering but it's not black/white, it's very subtle and you still have trust in your car.
    Thank you for that.

14. shrapnel1977

shrapnel1977 Melancholia Enshrines All Triumph

Unless my Motec skills are off and I am mistaken, it appears that the brake temp channels are set as "length and distance" channels using millimetres as their unit.

@Aristotelis - one for the bottom of the fix list ;)

15. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Is brakes damage already implemented? Did not see an option to replace brakes so I guess it will come in the future?

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Answered a few posts above, it says in the opening post of this thread:
    That's all we know at this point.

17. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

What is the temperature range of the brakes?

detoit and Perell0ne like this.
  18. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

I never touched the brake duct so far, so came back to this post trying to find out the correct range of brake temperature and checking with the MoTec. Definitively for some reason, is set to mm and not °C
    upload_2019-8-5_12-45-45.png
    But assuming it's shows the temperature, which is the "correct" range? Looking at some laps, I get less than 300°C at the end of long straights (at Spa even 150) and around 500-600°C after hard braking zones.
    Is it fine or I should play with brake ducts to keep higher temperature?

19. XzzDSA

XzzDSA Racer

You could probably close the ducts a little bit.
    I believe carbon brakes operating is from 500-900 ish, for optimal braking.
    But it's normal to get cold brakes at the end of a straight, but if you spend the majority of the braking zone heating up your brakes until the optimal temp, then you're missing out big time on braking distance.
    A track where this is very noticable is Monza, you have long straights everywhere, and hard braking zones. So by just tweaking the ducts you'll pickup top-speed and decrease braking distance - you do the math on that one :)

For @Aristotelis
    Brakes seem to heat up the tyres A LOT. I'm no race-car driver, but still I do question wether this is completely realistic, to the extend that is currently simulated in ACC.

The thesis: You go out on cold tyres, drive slowly (1st gear) and hold the brakes, heating them up to optimal temperature. Quite quickly your tyres will heat up, basically all the way to optimal temperature. Mainly the core temperature is affected, but surface temp seems to also be affected by this effect. Basically within a lap (Ex. Formation lap).

Is this effect actually THIS prevelant?

Perell0ne likes this.
  20. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The 1.0.7 should have less effect on the tyres.