1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

We see some occasional confusion and rumors around what 1.0 will change in the Multiplayer system, how to interpret the word "Matchmaking" and especially what role the Competition (CP) rating will play.

Let's go straight to the point: 1.0 will not introduce fundamental changes to the ACC Multiplayer. We used the Early Access phase to introduce, develop and tune the most sophisticated "Pickup Racing" Multiplayer system we could ever imagine, and so far we are very happy how the approach begins to work out. We could preserve most of the aspects of a quickly paced, accessible system that made Assetto Corsa "1" as popular - while improving the situation in the aspects where that way to organize Multiplayer action has issues. We managed to develop and integrate our Rating system without subscription model or a huge shift in pricing. Despite the significant rewrite (which is a confession for a long term strategy) of highly relevant game-play aspects between versions 0.5 and 0.6, especially the Safety Rating is in a very good shape, while the deep integration into the whole system is expected to be a vast improvement especially considering the possibility to find good and clean races.

Of course, Assetto Corsa Competizione is close to be released at the end of May, which is not the end of the road especially in terms of Multiplayer racing. We will listen to the feedback, we will analyze our data and of course - finally - also regularly participate in the Multiplayer races - so an ongoing process of finetuning and improvement is to be expected.

We know there are users that expected us magically switch the focus and go for a completely different way to organize Multiplayer, basically by copying the other title with high competitive ambitions (and a very different scale, focus group, the resulting price price model and so on). It appears that the word "Matchmaking" was mistaken to describe the whole system of scheduled races, instead of just being a tool in the toolbox of suggesting servers that both match your driving/safety abilities, and additionally take care of your preferences and friends. The matchmaking aspect in ACC acts in a quite subtle way, and changes the whole driver flow dynamics (in a non-intrusive way) to overcome known disadvantages of server lists, like we have seen in other titles and also in the AC1 Minorating system.

I do not say we are not looking into our own interpretation of a non-pickup, and more competitive Multiplayer addition. Still, this would have the character of distinct events and being an addition, not a complete move from the Multiplayer system we chose to go for. But for 1.0, we are happy to have both a very solid Multiplayer base, a good concept of a server selection and a well working Safety Rating system including a fairly usable integration. The biggest disadvantage may be that the mechanics are subtle, and it's not crystal clear where the system has its strong points. Also make sure you are aware of especially the SA Rating, and we expect the Multiplayer action to be at least as enjoyable as in AC1 with a Safety Rating plugin.

And of course the list of potential improvements is long, and without a doubt we will receive a lot feedback to become even better during the next days and weeks.

Cefirofun, Madsen, ChokDK and 55 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Are you happy with 1.0 multiplayer structure? May 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Multiplayer structure?? Sep 10, 2018
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer partial disconnect May 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on multiplayer May 22, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M4 at Spa Multiplayer May 2, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Stint Timer Not Showing - Teams Multiplayer Event Apr 22, 2023

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Just keep doing what your doing Minolin. It's all good stuff :) Kunos always push on with loads of developments pass v1.0 so no issues ragarding a snatch and grab approach like some of the competition. :cool:

Cefirofun, AurusCE, SimGuy_1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Si.

Si. Simracer

Minolin, thanks for clearing things up around the multi-player. I never thought Matchmaking was other than what you describe but I had hoped there would eventually be a component along the lines of SRS in AC although not with 1.0. Hopefully the distinct events you mention will be something that can build off the Blancpain format.

What is the CP rating btw, I don’t think you covered that other than mention at the beginning?

5. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Personally I'm a little bummed out, the current system is just a server browser with filters, for a server browser thats good, but I was expecting something a lot bigger, think 24 hours of Spa special event... Teams of drivers with their own livery and depending on how many people turn up, different splits etc, unfortunately this kind of stuff will have to be organised by the players but will never be as big if it was an official race. I have seen a read so so many comments about what they want in terms of multiplayer, AC1 even have organised racing with SRS, so its a shame you guys have gone a different direction, hope something comes in the future.
    Do we have any hints to the max number of drivers per lobby, or what the Competition rating means?

6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

dont blame me but i want more info :D we need other devs to write small devblogs before 1.0 :D need my fix of ACC news till the release of 1.0

R. Iván and mr Switchblade like this.
  7. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Is the start sequence been changed or is it same as it is now as well, do we get a safety car? Starts at the moment are pretty bad. :/

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

A little disappointing. Kind of bummer if SimRacingSystems from AC1 will remain the superior system.

9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Please minolin spill the beans and give us some juicy details :)

10. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

You could add a "Matchmaking" button and tell noone it just slaps you in the most suggested server

11. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Well, rip for now I guess, but I have a feeling they do not plan any real matchmaking in the future(only if this lobby system magically work and attract tons of players).

12. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Unlike a lot of the people who will comment here, i will barely scrape enough time together to make my league races, so the format of the multiplayering not changing doesn't upset me much. I only have one question, and on it hinges all of my hype/disappointment with 1.0:

Will we have driver swaps in v1.0?

ajh_1990, Micii1, LeDude83 and 2 others like this.
  13. we need a sorting method due to number of entries

trasgu, Raklödder and Echo_29 like this.
  14. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Hmm...
    Many words but not much said.
    So in 1.0 it remains almost as it is now and in future maybe some new features or not.

donShere, Lain13, R. Iván and 13 others like this.
  15. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Okay, this is why I started my little community of our own scheduled races. Just a question @Minolin , how do you expect that the normal player will try and get SA and RC up, if only the unrestricted servers are populated?

Fremen_78 likes this.
  16. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Racing the AI?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

jaxx_za likes this.
  17. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I mean, we already know that 75% of the player doesn't mind PC and they hadn't unlocked SA. What are they gonna do against this?

R. Iván likes this.
  18. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

The real issue isn't the type of matchmaking in the game, it is the number of concurrent users which atm is quite low (see graph).

I really hope this number picks up dramatically at release (maybe with some good marketing videos to capture some of the crowd from other titles (including AC1)), as it doesn't matter what sort of matchmaking system you have if the number of players isn't there.....

I'd be interested to know how many concurrent players iRacing has (as it isn't a steam based game, as others are on this graph).

Also, interesting to see F1 2018 got a big jump again at the start of the real F1 season.

Attached Files:

Tkeg likes this.
  19. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Of course it does matter what type of multiplayer system it's used. Do you really think any of the big games that use any sort of matchmaking or schedule events would have that many players if the only system they used was lobbies?

trasgu, M96 and PiretSS2000 like this.
  20. In the end, all i'm looking for is fair racing and diversity. A single lobby 10m practice, 15 min qualif 30 min race, random track, random weather with like 20%dynamic, random time of day, and 70+ safety is all i'm looking for. Just click the lobby, and good and special racing will happen.
    I'm just super scare we end up racing spa and monza in clear weather forever because, yes thats where most people will go. But I trust the dev, and will try the tool they give us to find best online racing and in the end, its a little bit our reponsability as "gamer" to find and populated server with nice setting more than populated one.
    I prefer racing 7 clean racer in the night in silverstone and finish 6th than 30 on a sunny afternoon at monza and win
    Edit- and thank minolin, your post and hard work is very appreciated

Ace Pumpkin, Son, Arpadian and 7 others like this.
  21. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

Honestly my only gripe with the current system is as follows:
    -low populated servers
    -stutters when players connect/disconnect. I’ve driven into walls because of these stutters
    -ratings to match paced players against each other. I would hate to race really quick drivers and get in their way and vice versa
    -more populated SA servers but i assume this will happen over time as players will need to gain their skills after released..
    - and lastly this isn’t MP specific but AI need to learn to pass for SP to become Moore enjoyable. The only title that gets this right is rFactor2 at the moment...

What i do love is that SA has seeemed to change the game. It’s rare in recent races that you get those that join just to cause mayhem. This alone has made races completely enjoyable for me and this was my most requested feature of this title!