1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I real hope Kunos stay develop along side Unreal engine. It prove to be good displaying atmospheric effects and give them the benefit of it constant development.
    After all the hard work is done. Now its only join more cars and tracks and roads :).
    About the gost effect, I believe things tend to change with the hardware, you can see vídeos from ACC that the issue is not noticable.
    I own a TrackIR but never get accommodated to use it on racing Sim, a single monitor and a hearset is all I need to know the others cars positions and attack any turn after some practice.
    I believe the future off gaming periphical view going the way off one curved display.

2. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well, I was maybe too pessimist.

Kunos have already done good job with optimizing, Insurgency Sandstorm developers for example are no amateurs, original Insurgency sold massive amount of copies. But they struggle much more with UE4 performance and stutter, than Kunos. And PUBG/Bluehole despite all the millions they made, couldn't hire someone who knows how to fix their garbage game (it has improved a bit now, but took an eternity after "official launch"). So Kunos have already done a very good job, and it could get better over time, so maybe UE4 will be good choice in the end.

The ghosting.. well that doesn't even bother me. But I know it bothers some. AC still has better AA (MSAA)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  4. Caterpillar

Caterpillar Rookie

WP_20170106_15_59_23_Pro.jpg WP_20160831_15_05_02_Pro.jpg
    This is my monitor set on AC: 17" 4/3 + 29" 24/9 + 23" 16/9 + pov offset (29" match the windshield image).
    Do you think i can replicate to ACC?
    Exist a software solution to do it?

5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

This is, what we all are asking / waiting for!

Tim Meuris and FX2K like this.
  6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE LAUNCHING OUT OF EARLY ACCESS MAY 29, 2019

Big announcement, but nothing about proper triple screen support. :(

Except this possible 'workaround'
    So, time to shelve ACC and continue with AC and other sims that do provide it...

Mad.Motion and rauf00 like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Shouldn't the screen space distortion effect solve this? Unless the framehit is notable. 3 viewports hits frames too

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

I have posted on this thread that I was not that bothered by the lack of native support running my triples in ACC, but the more I play the game the more it annoyed me.

to the point that I am now playing on my 720p 10yr old Plasma TV instead

if Kunos finally cant implement this support,I am thinking to upgrade my TV to a 4K one.

I am trying to find some comparison of say cockpit view between 1080p and 4K, anyone could help and guide me here?

rycil likes this.
  9. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Inside AC using Triple screens support 5760x1080 ultra settings to using Single screen the difference is around 20% hit in FPS on my end so yes a massive difference with full Triple screen rendering,
    if somehow they can use some distortion techniques to simulate the Triple screens slightly I would doubt the impact be half as bad tbh.
    but yes there is quite some impact in fps you are correct. :)

10. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

11. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I’m quite surprised to see people using 5760x1080 in their triple setup. I have to add 100 pixels to compensate for the bezels of my thin edge monitors, wouldn’t be able to stand the gap otherwise

esox71 likes this.
  12. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

You don't have to do bezel correction via custom resolution in AC if you configure it properly because the game handles those bezels for you, so you can use 5760x1080.

13. Caterpillar

Caterpillar Rookie

I set SRWE to 7300x1080 to offset the pov (left side for left side drive cars).

14. Caterpillar

Caterpillar Rookie

There is a distortion to right side of 21:9, but ... :rolleyes:

15. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

You are correct. I was referring to ACC in my comment.

16. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

A few comments regarding triple screen support from Marco at 13.00:

17. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Did not know that this thread was still alive after all this monthes.

I am laughing sooo much after looking at the video and the part about triple support because everything we, the so called "ranters", have said was true and verified today.

- I told since the begining that getting proper support from Epic with Unreal Engine is a pain, and that is coming from developers not from me.
    - Triple screen... they don't care! this is an allaround engine made for mass selling games, saving you time you would have spent developing your own.
    - Marco saying that problem is rendering 3 viewport is demanding in terms of hardware ressources... bla bla bla..... seriously ?? How all other titles are doing then ? How did you even do for AC1 ...?
    - Then saying just after that:"... but UE4 is not supporting triple screen ...." So he is speaking about a rendering problem that is not handled today, by extrapolating the ressources and process used on a single screen by UE4 engine.... o_O

Come on Marco you know how a triple can be handled cause you did it in the past for AC1, a proper triple implementation does not require 3 times the power needed for one screen rendering.

Problem is simple, UE4 is not supporting triple, they don't care about low volume selling titles like simracing, getting proper support from them or mastering their engine is hard. I am 99% sure that if you could ask Marco in private, around a glass of Mojito, if he would do the same and choose UE4 engine again ?? My bet is he would think twice :)

18. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I have a triple screen setup, and even in the current limited form of support UE4 has, I still prefer it over a single screen.
    Having said that, if I could afford a super ultra wide monitor... or if I could stand wearing a VR headset for longer sessions...
    IMHO The future is not triple screen, it's just taking a long time to see when this 'future' will be.
    Sadly, in the meanwhile, we'll just have to be OK with the current compromise.

19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

So from all the things Marco said, your conclusion is that Kunos doesn't care about triple screen users?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

20. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I think he was trying to say that UE4 don’t care. Which might have been true until now. And Marco said they are starting to see things moving on that front. Maybe not full triple support but other features that are on the wish list. If Epic pulls their finger out and helps Kunos we will see a lot of stuff happening.