1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. coiso

coiso Gamer

Strangely enough, all of those videos were at the same objective level of all of the content I've put out for years. I looked at the elephant in the room.

Because the objective is in the word: match making. It ultimetely sorts, groups and pairs people together. It makes the match for you. This is not because it'll take the user by the hand, but to maximise the user experience avoiding down-time or servers not at capacity.
    The system in it's current form is solely a browser with filters. No different than CS:GO server browser. Extremely similar to PCars2.

These give a good example of what happens in the context of racing. CS:GO as always the same 4 maps in the most popular servers and PCars2 has less people playing it than Assetto Corsa. Pcars 2 server browser is generally boring as well, same tracks and combos.

Matchmaking means one very specific thing in the gaming world. In the context of simracing, it's GTSport, iRacing, Sim Racing System. They are very different in terms of approach, scale and objective but achieve all of what I've said to maximise the experience.

What we got is a server browser. In the end it users will avoid many tracks. That doesn't bode well for a title centered around one specific championship.

Cascader, Racert46, Poguinhas and 5 others like this.
  2. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the comprehensive response. But here's the thing - SRS is simply scheduled races. Yes you are split into races based on qualifying time, but a fast qualifier with poor racecraft would end up mismatched in the context of your definition based on experience.

So again it comes down to interpretation - in my view the comprehensive rating system in ACC has more potential to match players of similar experience and thus provide an enhanced experience than SRS does with it's scheduled races.

So by matchmaking, sounds like we want scheduled races instead. But again, the devs never alluded to scheduled races.

Chin, Arlo and tjr like this.
  3. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i remember debating you in the chat of one of your videos, i could see back then that kunos used deceitful marketing terms and i knew it would be a browser, i tried to warn as many ppl as possible but always kept getting the same responses that i was wrong and just being negative for the sake of it

kunos knew exactly what they were doing with this marketing of multiplayer and it was to deceive ppl into buying into early access

mkotechno and jacyhv 2 like this.
  4. coiso

coiso Gamer

Scheduled races in simracing end up as a necessary function. The numbers in simracing are just not out there to have on demand matchmaking like DOTA or CSGO. Then there's the variety of classes that require different skills.
    The context of matchmaking never changes. It's always those things. The format maybe tweaked to better suit the format, it always means the same thing.

In the context of simracing the matchmaking is there to make the pilots prepare for a race and to serve as a beacon. Then there's the allusion to real life racing, with track rotation. We are in a Blancpain title.

A server browser will ultimately direct the users to the same experience they have in Assetto Corsa public lobby. The weighing system won't make it any better.

5. Mercenairy

Mercenairy Gamer

I can’t believe they went through all the effort of getting the licensing and crafting such a well made sim racer that everyone is hyped for as its looking to be a leading contender for competitive online racing. Everything was looking 10/10 and then they drop this bomb on us that it’s not going to take competitive multiplayer serious and give us this half baked casual server browser crap...

Even a model similar to F1 would have been good! Better than what we are getting here, which is just marginally better than nothing.

Just give us a multiplayer racer finder button. Which will drop everyone onto a practice server or something where we can turn laps and ‘practice’ - once the numbers are there for an official race, put out 3 tracks for us to vote on to race in, start qualifying where for the first 5 mins of qualifying people can join the race to boost the numbers if need be. But once qualifying has started and people have joined make it a ‘ranked’ event and if anyone leaves the race at that point because they don’t like the track/weather it affectively marks then down as finishing last to entice them to stay.

I mean I’m just pitching ideas here, but absolutely anything is better than the current model.

You mentioned people were expecting you to “magically change everything.” No we expected you to have actually been working on something to bring competitive racing to the table and this ‘server list’ crap was just something you guys quickly wiped up to enable us to race online before releasing 1.0

Extremely disappointed - I wanted this to be my competitive online racer, I was prepared to really love this game. But your lack of a competitive match made multiplayer is a deal breaker for me, you have taken a much more ‘casual racer’ approach which isn’t what I was looking for from this title.

I really hope you guys reconsider in releasing a proper competitive online racing experience.

R. Iván, SlimCharles and XettMan like this.
  6. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Hey, maybe casual racers bought games, hard core racer already play iRacing.
    Don't you think if they have the ressources (Manpower Money...) to make something iRacing like (or better), they wont, ?

7. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

The complainers should be working on their ratings for the matchmaking to work.
    If they cant get it up, the "matchmaking" will filter them out for me, so that i can race with my friends in conditions i like, around random clean drivers whenever i want. That is advanced multiplayer + matchmaking.

Remember AC1 EA, when you had to book a spot on a server and had to wait until the race had ended before you could join?
    Oh the *****ing and complaining....they removed that because of the loud idiots and logically now there is something called join-lag and complaints about ppl entering mid-race...kunos simulazioni should give you guys what you ask for. Subsciption based, scheduled races, SA rating 99 only.

My head hurts.

8. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Because matchmaking systems MAKES MATCHES duh?!

And there is nothing in ACC server list that makes anything.

SlimCharles likes this.
  9. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

It's incredible how people feel the need to defend Kunos with their lives on this forum even when they're wrong.
    Even Minolin has stated that pickup server style isn't matchmaking, but now they go back on their word and everyone tries to find reasons to believe that what we have actually quilifies as matchmaking (which it doesn't).
    [​IMG]

Kunos has promised matchmaking, then for some reason couldn't deliver, and now they're trying to say we already have matchmaking when everyone knows we don't, so that leaves us two options:
    Either accept that we'll just have open lobbies with filters, which isn't much better than what AC1 delivered 4 years ago (perhaps even worse because there's not enough people playing), but continue playing because the game wasn't too expensive on early access and has some good features.
    Or just ask for a refund before it launches out of EA.

What worries me the most is: How can we expect this sim to sell and have a good active player count when even before EA ends we are already disappointed?

10. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

INB4 "ACC didn't just die, it was murdered" youtube videos.

Actually it born dead.

11. This is the gist of what I am picking up from the majority of the posts here:
    For 'serious simracers' (lol) matchmaking = ability to obtain some kind of i-rating type number. I-rating is a hell of a drug and quite a few addicts were hoping that Kunos would provide a fix for their habit cheaper than iracing.

Remember guys, this is only a meme, not real life:
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, with only one class of car on ten tracks ACC will be lucky to have an average daily player count that is half of what AC currently gets. At least until the (inevitable) console version is released; and I somehow doubt that 'serious simracers' are fans of cross platform play. A true matchmaking feature requires a large number of participants before it even starts to make sense. No way that a sim that is a niche within a niche within a niche will come anywhere close to achieving those numbers.

There are now three guarantees in life: Death, Taxes, and simracers disappointed about something.

-------------
    And just as an aside, even though I am still a Kunos fanboy I am not necessarily an ACC fanboy. There are several things that I too am disappointed about.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    chksix and Ricky Reject like this.
  12. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

But look on the bright side: At least we'll have RayTracing™, which is what everyone was asking for in the first place.

13. Ku_Ba

Ku_Ba Rookie

What I wanted to say is...how hard is to make nice game like ACC, and how easy is to make web page like Simracing system. And both are extremely important today. Services like Simracing system are amazing, but for some reason, pople always prefer official ones. So it means.....If I put so much affort to this game, why not a little bit more to a web page and few servers? It doesnt make sense. Furthermore, when this little affort could decide if the game has success or not.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It looks like the server lobby just needs idiot proofing, going by this thread that will be hard as there is a strong batch of them here.

images (1).jpeg

chksix, anthony galmiche and Coanda like this.
  15. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

People that consider themselves smarter are usually the biggest idiots of all. Dunning Kruger effect kicks hard.

I'm a proud idiot.

SlimCharles and Poguinhas like this.
  16. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I finally get it. The problem isn't the misuse of the word Matchmaking to sell better with no actual intention of providing such service. The big problems is that the users are all idiots.
    The fact that I didn't even realize this goes even further to prove I'm an idiot.

SlimCharles likes this.
  17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Keep dreaming...

18. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Did you even see how the internet is reacting to Kunos deceptions outside of this forum? It is much worse outside.
    There is someone dreaming here indeed.

SlimCharles likes this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its not a complicated system and you just need to use whats available to give you a way better mp experiance.

The game cost most of us here $25 lol, many here have had a bargain per hour of entertainment and its not even released.

Yet so many are having a big cry and wanting their money back simply because what they imagined was never a reality. :rolleyes:

Now even the internet is reacting. :D

kro likes this.
  20. ReVibe

ReVibe Rookie

I only hope that they realize the game is dead before even get out and announce that they will postpone the launch of the game to introduce some kind of official matchmaking for some proper "competizione" with leaderbords.