1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Yep, really seems to have affected the player count...oh wait: (this thread was started on Wed the 8th, btw)
    [​IMG]

maybe Kunos didn't lie back in the early days of AC, maybe MP players really are a tiny fraction of the overall player base. (a really loud, almost VR user loud, minority in the grand scheme of things)

2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I can partly understand how people get upset. But honestly suggesting that ACC will fail because of this is delusional. ACC is a brilliant simulator and will be a big success. "Reactions on the internet" are usually dominated by people puking their guts out on something - there is IMO zero consequence from such a group rant.

Aseeth and martcerv like this.
  3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Yea guess what some negative reviews will not kill a game..i can name bunch of games that had **** ton of negative news and reviews at launch and still being played and popular why would ACC be exception.. and if you check how people are reacting yes people not happy but that does not mean game is dead.. steam reviews got bunch of spanish guys writing negative reviews possibly being sheep`s and jumping on bandwagon following what some youtuber said.

Since it is widely known that people cant form their own opinions so they watch what somebody else say and then oo i will do the same.

Mai_88, Aseeth, chksix and 4 others like this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Really does sound like the VR mafia, but even these whiners are a tiny fraction of the MP minority. No idea why they arent playing IRacing right now as its so perfect for them.

5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

because they want to play better game for less money :D easy

problem now is cheaper game is not offering what they want so they are going mental.. XD

XettMan, martcerv and LeDude83 like this.
  6. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

You cannot build a community big enough for organized online if you don't go full-in into organized online first.

The plan of "maybe we will add it later if the game success" is recipe for disaster.

ACC will be as dead as Pcars2 in 3 months, and then what? hype for a new game? another cycle of lies-hopes-excuses-letdowns?

AC is still alive because 3rd-party organized-races software, are you blind Kunos?

All this time, even after all the red flags, I was trusting Kunos knows what they are doing, but at this point I'm just thinking they got lucky with AC popularity (not by their own merits), and ACC is going to bomb hard.

We have just another Fallout76 or Anthem in here, game companies disconnected from what their userbase wants; and of course there will be always people defending it with "wait for next patch" BS.

I hope I'm wrong.

pedronano96, XettMan, Ku_Ba and 6 others like this.
  7. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

This forum is an illusion, out of here the criticism is worse
    Here is the minority that sees this positive

It is not blind who does not see, it is blind who does not want to see.

pedronano96 and SlimCharles like this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Pcars 2 had nothing going for it, maybe good visual lighting and visual weather effects. The physics and driving model was pretty bad, ffb a disaster.

Content so hit and miss, a few great tracks but most not much better then average mods. Really dont think any car was very good but it had lots of bad ones. AI probably worst in genre only thing worse was PC1 but its reall hard to say which is better, MP about the same level but it had P2P matchmaking to some degree.

Kunos isnt SMS, and the loud minority here doesnt mean much if anything. AC sold well no reason ACC wont do well, its a great and detailed sim of Blancpain gt3. Great content, physics, weather and lighting. Decent AI that will improve very solid netcode, great inovative ratings system.

Can give good clean solid public racing, will be great for leagues. Isnt free Iracing and never was going to be and its not even released yet. Wont be finished at release as again Kunos isnt SMS.

chksix likes this.
  9. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Don't think that's the point (at least most of) the people are trying to make. I've had my money's worth of fun from this game a long time ago so no problem there. Problem is that people were hoping for this to become at least some sort of alternative to iracing or even srs that would offer great online experience but instead now it seems the online will just be similar or even worse than pcars2 or ac1. Better online system is just to be expected these days. And of course Kunos marketing choises and communication has not been helping here.

XettMan, Fremen_78 and jacyhv 2 like this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You see what you want to see, I dont care what you and your friends have to say. Really doesnt form my opinion as I can make my own.

I dont need to follow some trolls having a cry over $25 they claim to have wasted. Do you really think anyone outside your little circle cares at all? Do you think you will change anyones opinion especially the way you guys act like such sensible and reasonable adults.

Not like a 3 year old that has just been told he wont get a new toy. The world is full of self entitled little brats, many of them arent even that little which is the saddest part when adults act like this over a $25 toy.

chksix, Arlo and Coanda like this.
  11. Si.

Si. Simracer

Wrong thread lol

12. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

you should probably look at yourself before calling others name, all your posts are basically saying you're opinion is right and theirs is wrong, you are trying to shut them down and stop their opinion from being heard by trying to dehuminize the posters with insults, maybe you should think about the labels you call others by looking at your own behaviour, you are right that some people are overreacting to a video game but you are doing the same and acting just as childish like a 3 year old when someone critisizes their favourite toy, even when said toy has design flaws and is righfully criticized, their opinions are as valid as yours and you trying to shut them down with insults makes you look worse than them

Cascader, Racert46, R. Iván and 7 others like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So you've already had your moneys worth of fun and expected Iracing for free on top of this.

Sounds like a reasonable expectation, any reason why your not just sticking to Iracing if its so perfect? Its not because they have high costs? Surely Kunos would make millions if they did the same at their price point.

Why didnt Iracing think of doing this for free, quick head to their forums you could be on to something. They can beat Kunos to the punch. :rolleyes:

14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Why is the cost of the game a factor here?
    "Oh BuT yOu OnLy PaId 25 DoLlArS fOr 150 HoUrS oF gAmEpLaY sO yOu CaN't CoMpLaIn"
    So what? If 25 dollars, or 25 Euros or whatever isn't enough to deliver what you promise then either a) Charge more or b) Don't promise it.
    The fact that the game has a relatively low cost per hour of gameplay for most players doesn't make it right to promise something and then not deliver.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

They are the ones having the whinge not me, maybe I made you look back at yourself and realize how silly this is.

A dev simply made a post about the direction as they sensed there was some vivid fantasy many are expecting that just isnt possible. The reaction by many here is quite entertaining to say the least.

chksix likes this.
  16. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Read again. Didn't say I was expecting an iracing level system, also didn't even say I was expecting it to be free. But was expecting or at least hoping for some sort of improvement. Many including me just think that the current system won't be enough to make the online popular in the long run.

jacyhv 2 likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im out of this thread anyway, you stick to your imagined promises, definitions and wild fantasies of what you can get for $25.

Thanks @Minolin for the info, thanks to all others for the entertainment. :D

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    chksix and Si. like this.
  18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

It's ironic how most of your arguments revolve around either the intelligence or the maturity of the people you're arguing with. The fact that you can create no valid argument shows you have neither of those.

Cascader, Racert46, jacyhv 2 and 2 others like this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I promised my girlfriend +9" and multiple daily orgasms.. Did I deliver? No. She's now my wife... :D:p:cool:

1e46333cab00f25b48d92fb78cac764b1d4758d2663f9c06bf54d2bdbec7ab09.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    chksix, jacyhv 2 and coiso like this.
  20. coiso

coiso Gamer

2m in heaven are better than 1m in heaven

AchillesXI, SlimCharles and Coanda like this.