1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Why do people always quote Ytubers as if they are some kind of authority on sims, because they have a youtube channel,, when all most of them can really offer is an opinion

Aseeth, Luis Branco and martcerv like this.
  2. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Matchmaking is not scheduled and it's not "click a button and join the perfect populated server" I think. Please stop complaining and if you are not happy with the game ask for a refund... Ooops I'm sure you invested waaaaaay more than the maximum 5 hours that you are allowed to play before asking for a refund

Also if you tought they would have changed completely the MP system after months of going this way I'm sorry but you are not so smart apparently. Iracing was born in this way and this is a system you can't implement ater going in a determined and different way. MAYBE different official servers with ratings requirements and tracks and conditions but nothing more like championship etc etc

martcerv likes this.
  3. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Curious the evolution of the defenders of kunos

1. Misunderstanding of the proposal by Kunos

2. The lobbies system is very good, a system like iracing is not necessary

3. iracing is paid this game is worth 25$

4. Close the threads

Cascader, Kalamede, mkotechno and 3 others like this.
  4. Aika_rajuu

Aika_rajuu Gamer

But this is what it does in every single game that has MM! This is why people are so side ways regarding this.
    Here to name few games (racing or not): Dota 2, CS:GO, iRacing, League of Legends, World of Tanks.

5. I must admit ACC is the official Blancpain series game=> they have a contract=> in this contract there are circumstances Kunos must follow=>1 button matchmaking and server infrastructure and support is not mentioned in those contract. Thats all.

6. iker17

iker17 Gamer

7. guys the game is fantastic.
    that's why I can state we have finally some true e sport material here.
    I want to be the world champion.
    the world champion in the officially rated acc league, attending every year.
    that's what I want.
    Of course I never imagined this could come with 1.0.
    But now it would be great if you can do something like this.
    I see there will be online statistics. it's cool, and I like it.
    But as @Giuseppe_Mazzei sayd, there must be official world championships.
    you could have a partnership with racedepartement.
    I mean the game is great, I think I'm disappointed most by the Sro e sport gt series.
    If Sro will make it bigger, more structured, better, online qualifications without pro invitation, giving the possibility to try to qualify also on site.
    Giving in game leaderboards.
    In the end, if put the Sro egts website inside the game, and change the format to make in more challenging, you will not even need to change the multi. @Minolin

Aseeth and mr Switchblade like this.
  8. TurboNoob

TurboNoob Gamer

The lack of matchmaking is not the only problem with modern simulators. For 80% of users there is no motivation to play cleanly. And in this game is even easier. You can crush half of the server, and then drive cleanly with bots to raise the rating. Where is the motivation? Let unsafe drivers ride white cars or send them offline to practice, or something else.
    And make a show of these ratings in the race. By pressing a button. I want to know what distance to keep to the car nearby.
    If you do not know what will happen after the release, look at the PCars 2. Almost all servers without restrictions. There's no point.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Translated using Google Translate!

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I will ask a simple question, to everyone who thinks Kunos just wanted to scam people:

Imagine for a moment that Kunos would not have used the famous word in their advertisement. Now, how many sales do you honestly think they would have lost?

No need to answer, just food for thought.

jaxx_za likes this.
  10. Aika_rajuu

Aika_rajuu Gamer

Its quite early to analyze this poll: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...u-happy-with-1-0-multiplayer-structure.56898/
    But i would imagine that quite a lot of people bought the game for structured online racing.
    Looking at that poll currently whit a +-10% error margin i would say quite a few.

flyingyak likes this.
  11. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Several people make this assertion and compare Pcars2 to ACC but always fail to mention the most important distinction between the two. In ACC, your ratings are always active and will be calculated regardless of server, where in Pcars2, if you choose non rated servers, your ratings are off. So, for the people here that choose to use the system as intended, you should see a better representation of driver ability and safety if you’re on rated servers.

Last night did a 45 minute Monza race on an SA65 server and it was some of the best racing I’ve seen to date. Competitive with respectful drivers all over the track. What more can you ask for? After that I joined a non rated server I’ve been racing on the last few weeks which has yielded great racing with familiar people who usually frequent that server. Was no different last night. Two 15 minute Nurburgring races were intense and clean. Point being, if you want to find good races, it’s available to you.

kro and chksix like this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Absolutely disgraceful!

Kunos have given use two high quality products that are extremely cheap, tons of free and unexpected content which also now includes free tools like motec whilst continuing ongoing development year after year past v1.0. They are no snatch and grab studio like some of the others that bring out bugged tittles year after year whilst asking for your cash.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  13. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, but that poll is not asking the same question I was asking. Why would it be relevant?

And even if it did, forum polls normally are not representative because active forum users are a minority of all the playerbase, and not a representative minority to be honest.

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

I'm one of the single player + just for fun multiplayer guys, playing ACC just for enjoying driving GT3s, instead of the "Competizione"...nevertheless i must admit, i'm (even if not surprised at all) a little bit disappointed, that we get a lobby browser system, with some abilities to adjust certain points of preferences, which then is called "matchmaking". The term "matchmaking" is in a pretty unusual use here, it doesn't fit very well.

I can understand, if someone's anticipating something else, with this product description in the back of their mind.

A somewhat clumsy solution, but in regard of staying on the market, not surprising.^^

Cascader likes this.
  15. lol. that's ridiculous. do you meaning something or you are looking for someone who gets a upset. your post does not give any help. waste of time

16. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

If that had happened, this thread would not exist and you could not ask this

17. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Why would anyone get upset because of my question? :confused:

Can you honestly affirm that you would not have bought it if they have not used the "matchmaking" word? Because everything revolves around the use of that word.

18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

[​IMG]
    Project Cars fans right now.

19. Poro-Mauri

Poro-Mauri Rookie

So when do I get my money back?

20. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

You're serving E. coli!

Coanda likes this.