1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

every there's another car my cpu is below 1.00

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bulburbank, May 10, 2019.

1. bulburbank

bulburbank Gamer

so yeah, when there is another car my cpu speed is below 1.00ghz thats so depressing laggy gameplay
    my processor is Intel Core i7-4750HQ 2.00GHz
    i know its below minimum but why oh why its always below 1.00ghz if there's another car, no matter its AI or player

Attached Files:

• AC2.log
      File size:
      843.9 KB
      Views:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge There's one kerb @ Nords that kills GT3-class AI cars every single race (videos included). Jan 28, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem: new opponents every race May 30, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC UE4 Fatal Error -ACC Crashes Everytime. Mar 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting I have tried every solution listed back to 2019, ACC UE4 Fatal Error Mar 18, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Hey Everyone! Mar 18, 2023
    ACC Audio EVERY TIME I OPEN THE GAME THE AUDIO LEVEL GOES TO 100% Feb 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions To fix everything.... Dec 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting (1.8.19) UE4-AC2 crashes every time after I bought new graphics card. Dec 6, 2022
    Physics Bugs & Issues Real speed for Spa and Porsche, also every other Track and Car Jul 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error during every single race Jul 15, 2022

3. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

In my experience, if your system is not meeting minimum requirements, items like this wont get answered readily. If you can over clock your CPU, MB and Video, you may want to do that just to try.
    Unload any and all applications running in the back ground or
    Reinstall your operating system to a dual boot mode. Then run ACC in that OS Partition. Simply you PC is not at Minimum spec

Minimum Requirements

Minimum Requirements
    OS: Windows Vista SP2 32-bit (with KB971512 platform update)
    Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
    Memory: 4GB
    Graphics Card: DirectX 10.1 (e.g. AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460)
    Graphics Memory: 512 MB
    Hard Drive: 15 GB

Recommended Requirements
    Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU
    Memory: 6 GB
    Graphics Card: DirectX 11 (e.g. AMD Radeon 290x, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970)
    Graphics Memory: 3 GB
    Hard Drive: 20 GB

Supported game devices
    Any game device recognized by Microsoft Direct Input, including keyboard, mouse, joypads, joysticks, steering wheels.
    Ready for nVidia 3D Vision, Track IR-Pro

4. MadduckUK

MadduckUK Rookie

Your CPU is not below Minimum Requirements, it actually meets Recommended Requirements.

The 2.4GHz minimum requirement will only apply to Core 2 Duos - We can see this as the AMD dual core requires 2.8GHz, telling us that not all GHz are equal. So what is the equivalent speed of your i7-4750HQ?

Passmark Single Thread Results:
    i7-4750HQ @2.0GHz = 1737
    E-6600 @2.4GHz = 907

Yikes, so even with a 400MHz deficit the i7 slaughters the Core2Duo. Looks like you will be good so far. It gets better though! Let's have a look at the Recommended Requirements:
    • Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU
    Is the i7-4750HQ an Intel quad core CPU? Yes! In fact it goes a little further than even that requirement and gives you 8 threads to play with - However for simplicity of demonstration let's stick to the 4 physical cores.

Quick Multi Thread Results (based on single core data (quick maths)):
    i7-4750HQ @2.0GHz (4 Cores) = 6948
    E-6600 @2.4GHz (2 Cores) = 1814

An absolute mauling, with all cores used the i7-4750HQ is in a different league entirely to the minimum required CPU.

So in conclusion - your CPU is fine, your CPU dropping below 1.0GHz is not fine. That is the source of the issue, not the processor specification. Ignore anyone who says otherwise and treat this as a general laptop issue rather than game specific.

5. bulburbank

bulburbank Gamer

i mean its only happen on this game, other game runs fine
    and most importanly it only happen when i play with more than 1 car

6. MadduckUK

MadduckUK Rookie

Are you actually using ""Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 5200"? because if that is a yes then it could just be that your "GPU" is getting so battered whenever too much is on the screen that your CPU has to wait for it and starts power saving by dropping the frequency.

That "GPU" is NOT minimum specs.

7. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

Well spotted, the laptop seems to be using the onboard graphics of the CPU to power save instead of using the dedicated GTX 950M.

@OP, try these steps to make ACC run with the correct GPU:
    https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000027100/Switching-to-the-laptop-s-dedicated-GPU/

MadduckUK likes this.
  8. bulburbank

bulburbank Gamer

ive done that in a long long time ago but now im modified one of the list above it like : OpenGL Rendering GPU i set it to GEFORCE GTX950M

i also install ROG Game First III, and everytime i play ACC i set ACC to highest

i can say ROG Game First III is doing great job its fixing shuttering and lag (but sometimes the shutter still happen)
    and im always play only with 4 AI, no more than that because if i play with 5 AI or more, the performance is just like the old performance before i use ROG Game First III

thank you for all you guys that supporting me and sorry for my bad english