1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Silverstone 2018

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Axel Vogelsang, May 12, 2019.

1. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Comparing the laptimes of 2018 to todays laptimes and those of 2017 and 2016, it feels like they were using either a more poweful BOP or a different layout last year. Does anyone have an idea why they were about two seconds quicker in qualifying last year than in any other of the recent qualifying events at Silverstone???

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics 2018 Silverstone Races Apr 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Silverstone Hotlap 2018 vs 2019 Oct 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.1.1]2018 Silverstone Endurance championship round issues Oct 28, 2019
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is there two versjons of Silverstone in the game? Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay DSQ Bug at Silverstone May 12, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Silverstone | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 Challenge - 2:02.522 Mar 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBox Series X Career - Sim CTD after Silverstone 3h race Mar 10, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Two type of Silverstone in stats Dec 3, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [Old issue]Silverstone curbs overhaul Aug 29, 2021
    ACC Physics Strange behavior Silverstone off-track Aug 22, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Silverstone | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 21, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Silverstone track bug - Not counting a lap during a race May 3, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Silverstone - Hot Lap - Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:57.213 Apr 22, 2021
    ACC User Interface Silverstone mentioned as round 4 instead of round 3 in British GT championship Feb 27, 2021
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Silverstone shown as round 4 instead of round 3 in British GT championship Feb 27, 2021

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes good observation.
    In 2018 the circuit was juuuust fresh resurfaced. It kept the many undulations and everybody was complaining (especially MotoGP drivers) but the asphalt had mega grip for the initial races.
    This year, bad weather apart that makes the circuit changing rubber levels constantly, the surface is not new anymore and the undulation of course remain.
    Result is much worse laptimes.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    iVG, menos | M6, baboon and 13 others like this.
  4. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

I think they will look into it.
    However, very good job Aris, thanks.

5. Aristotelis

If we see the race best lap to be equal or better than qualifying, that will also give a hint that the circuit was never in good rubbered conditions during qualifying, because of the strange weather

sps_for_race and Coanda like this.
  6. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

A question (3), please :):
    will our Silverstone be resurfaced fresh? and the tarmac will be black as freshly made?
    The laser scan is new or with old waves/undulations?

7. Aristotelis

@Luca Zari all refreshed as needed.

Blancpain live coverage, just interviewed Mirko Bortolotti (who starts from pole position). He said just said that last year the track was resurfaced and had mega grip, while this year it goes back to old grip levels so they are going a bit slower. :)

8. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

pretty boring race so far..

9. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I blame slow qualifying on the extra weight of all those ACC stickers on the cars.

10. tw1st

tw1st Racer

BoP failed :rolleyes:

11. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

HereĀ“s the interview with Mirko Bortolotti @ 4m30s

mr Switchblade likes this.
  12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

so.. Aristotelis is actually Bortolotti and he has been trolling us for ages.. good to know

13. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

I thought the race was amazing. People pushing hard for most of the 3 hours...

Son likes this.
  14. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I thought the race was interesting. Especially considering the mixed grid. One of the ROWE Porsche's started 39th and managed to finish 4th, gaining 35 positions over 3 hours! That is pretty impressive.

Derrellbiffle and Arlo like this.
  15. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

How you define "boring" a race that saw the fight for victory finish a lap before the end after 3h of racing? Lol

fsuarez79 and Son like this.
  16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

are you in search for likes from the community?? I can give you one if you want

pazzi008 likes this.
  17. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

I pay bills with likes from forums my friend

Jebus and chksix like this.
  18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I think you are confused. What you watched was the F1 race, not Blancpain.

19. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Nop , I did watch Blancpain and not F1.
    It was pretty boring from start to Finish.

20. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

@Aristotelis
    Just to get it right: our "ACC Silverstone" currently is the one with that extra grip and there is a bit of pace left to find for the AI ATM? So our references are the 2018 times?
    BTW it seems that the AI currantly takes too much fuel into qualifying in general.

21. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

What makes you say that? The session that I believe is inaccurate at the moment is Practice.
    So far I've noticed Ai quali pace is 1-2 secs faster than race pace which I think is accurate. They're even faster in Practice than quali tho, which shouldn't be the case, but I believe the current ratio between quali and race pace is realistic.