1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I don't know if I turned on/off some setting that I shouldn't have touched, but I've not felt this nauseated in VR for a long time (maybe because of my absence or lack of input); best put it away and play on my regular monitor.

However what little I got to try before I started to get nauseous: improved performance (played on lowest possible settings at 1080p), but the lack of mouse support in the menus was infuriating and the hud never aligned.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Haven't inadvertently switched to helmet cam have you? That makes me quite ill! I'm guessing it's for motion rig users?..

jaxx_za likes this.
  3. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

I replied in agreement to this at the time and was met with dismissals and defense of the proportions.
    I was testing graphics settings recently and turned down bloom. The sun became clearly visible. It is NOT ROUND. It is stretched vertically or squished horizontally.
    I was parked directly behind a Nissan in the pits recently also and from in-car the round tail lights weren't round. Same as the sun, stretched vertically. The cars look a bit tall and the tracks slightly narrow. This persists through FOV adjustments. Please feel free to contradict this with any thoughtful information or evidence.
    Does anyone else observe this or understand why?

R1-Limited likes this.
  4. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

It's a perfect circle:
    82a1718b917bc086a2274a3321baa258.png

5. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Sure is cheers, was that from on track in race? I can't make out how this was taken with such zoom.

6. DuckeyTapey

I loaded up a singleplayer session, pressed F7 to go into the freecam and pressed the middle mouse button to open up the menu to zoom in.

Max Doubt likes this.
  7. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Thanks, my issues were noticed from helmet cam while in game, how does yours look from there?

8. DuckeyTapey

I guess you mean looking at the low sun from the cockpit views, no issues with any of them either.

9. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

805550_20190513091551_1 (2).png 805550_20190513103320_1 (2).png 805550_20190513103421_1 (2).png

Here are some screenshots with bloom off to demonstrate. The last is from external view to eliminate any windshield distortion. I'll take another one next time I'm behind a car in pits with "round" taillights.
    Any explanations would be appreciated, is this different for others? Can I fix this? Does anyone else notice that the image in-game looks 'tall'? I see that the distortion is angled when off to the side - is this a deliberate lens distortion effect from all views and can it be disabled?
    Cheers.

10. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Back of Nissan in pits: I've centralised a taillight in 1 pic to discount the angle being the cause of the vertical stretching. 805550_20190513105744_1 (2).png 805550_20190513105815_1 (2).png

11. DuckeyTapey

That's a non-issue. It happens in literally every game ever created whenever a FOV is used that is higher than the mathematically correct FOV. The higher the difference between them is, the more everything on the screen will look stretched out towards the edges. Objects closest to the middlepoint of the screen will be stretched the least. If you look at those images from what would be the correct distance for the ingame FOV and your screen size, the sun will look perfectly round again.

Avoid using FOVs that are way higher than what would be mathematically correct to reduce the amount of noticeable fisheye lensing.

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

13. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

I find this is more puzzling, it never works from me at least from the numbers I put in. I typically just adjust what feels right from stock settings. I just do not trust immersions or any other calc