1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CPU temperature

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by renato63, May 13, 2019.

1. renato63

renato63 Racer

Hi,
    There has been a lot of talk about FPS but I don't seem to have found discussions about CPU
    temperatures.
    I have recently changed the CPU and I switched from an I5-4690 (4 core) to an I5-8600 (6
    core).
    After many tests I can say that the CPU in ACC heats up much more than other games.
    Here are some examples:
    In ACC at Monza 15 hours with 20 car graphics all HIGH or all ULTRA (does not change much in
    performance) CPU temperature 75-80 degrees.
    In AC at Monza at 15 hours with 24 car graphics all FULL CPU temperature is 60 degrees.
    In Euro Truck Simulator 2 the CPU temperature is 45-50 degrees.
    In War Thunder the CPU temperature is 50-55 degrees.
    With the old CPU the CORE worked at 90-100% in ACC.
    With the new CPU the COREs work at 50-60% in ACC so not even put under strain.
    On the CPU I mounted an Arctic Freezer 11 LP heatsink and I'm sure I mounted it well because
    in IDLE I have 31-32 degrees.
    As a video card I have a GTX 1070 and I saw that without v-sync I have GPU temperatures of
    77-78 degrees while with the v-sync active I always have GPU temperatures of 55-56 degrees so
    I decided to keep the v-sync activated.
    I wanted to know if you too have very high CPU temperatures only in ACC.
    If I wasn't clear it's google translator's fault.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash game UE4-AC2 Fatal error when pressing next session [SOLVED - cpu/system temperature] Nov 10, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds CPU exceeding maximum operating temperature with Assetto Corsa exclusively? May 7, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 95% cpu occupancy (solved: high temperature) May 31, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer CPU high in Server stats - my CPU or Server CPU? May 24, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Multi Cpu on Asseto Mar 2, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds CPU usage at 99% when playing Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Flex Post sorry but it feels good. CPU upgrade. Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can I get more performance for ACC out of my CPU and RAM? Dec 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC somehow CPU Spike background task dependant? Nov 22, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU upgrade advice Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU boost drops. Please help, Devs? Experts? Sep 8, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL DD - Warning: CPU Usage > 99% Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can’t get the FPS up with Triples, CPU/GPU not being used to maximum Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Graphic settings and CPU performance hit Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash EU4-AC2 or PC freeze [unstable CPU auto OC] Feb 6, 2022

3. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Your temps in ACC are high, but not too high. Part of the problem is almost certainly the cooler you're using. It's an old design and wasn't built for modern, high performance CPUs. If you're using it because it's slim and you need that to fit in your case, then there are much better alternatives available. If it's just because it was left over from a previous build, it's time to retire it! You have a good processor which deserves a much better cooler to keep it running efficiently. A good, modern cooler would probably knock at least 10 degrees off your temps.

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

What are the CPU loads in War Thunder and Euro Truck Simulator. If they are lower than in ACC, that's your explanation right there.

Don't know why the temp would be higher with the 8600 than with the 4690 - 8600 has 65 W TDP as per Intel specs, 4690 has 84 W. TBH I don't really believe that claim for now.

5. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Its "TDP", there are limits for clock speed and time for those, but mb manufacturers ignore those and specially these new ones take much more power and so generate much more heat

6. renato63

renato63 Racer

thanks to the answer, the CPU loads in the other games are obviously much lower.
    Sorry, as a CPU before I had an I5-4690S with TDP of 65W and even with that CPU I had high temperatures of 77-78 degrees with ACC.

7. renato63

renato63 Racer

so would you recommend another cooling fan? I thought the Freezer LP 11 was good but I will try better. As a width of the case I should have no problems, do you have any suggestions? thanks.

8. fabT

fabT Alien

It may be that ACC is heating the CPU more than other games.
    Yet i'd suggest you to double check your cooler, as those temps are quite high.

I have a I5-8600K and its max temps never exceed 65°C.
    Noctua NH-D15S installed.

9. renato63

renato63 Racer

yes, but in IDLE it remains about 31-32 degrees, maybe I first look at the output 1.0 of ACC to read if they managed to optimize it, thanks.

10. gabrynet83

gabrynet83 Gamer

i7700k not overclocked with TT Frio Extreme and the temperature here are 73°

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. renato63

renato63 Racer

Do not exceed 65 degrees in ACC? And what cooling did you install? Thank you.
    Edit:
    "Noctua NH-D15S installed", sorry I had not read.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I shouldn't have referred to the TDP. I only recently read some CPU review saying that the Intel spec sheet figures don't say much about the actual power consumption. I won't use thopse numbers, anymore.
    For what it's worth - here's Intel's explanation on the test procedure:

Source: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...5-4690-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-90-ghz.html

This all seems logical - less CPU power leads to less heat. And old CPU got as hot as the new one.

I'd also triple check the cooler - proper installation and fans. My i7 8700 is always between 65 and 70 degrees with the small Coolermaster Hyper 102 running very quiet.

13. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

P. i7 4790 3.6 ghz 60-65 degrees

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I would not worry about running 75-80 degrees. It is fine to run all day long... 90+ then I would be more worried. I have good cooling however I live in a hot climate so I regularly run at 80 degrees whilst under heavy load.

15. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

It might be worth running some tests with the case cover removed to make sure your airflow isn't a factor. Those temps are fine but a little on the high side for both a non oc chip and a 1070. Any issue with the cooler mounting wouldn't show up until under load either, so don't completely discount this but with both components a bit warm I'd check for airflow first.

16. renato63

renato63 Racer

yes I'm not worried, I know the CPU limit is 100 degrees.
    As I said before, I wait for the release of v1.0 of ACC to see if they have optimized it and then decide whether to change cooling, thanks.

17. renato63

renato63 Racer

yes I have already done the tests even without the side cover and there are no variations, thanks.

Max Doubt likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I would not expect too much. The UE4 is heavy on CPU.

19. maverikk71

maverikk71 Rookie

I have an i7 7700k CPU, I use a CooleMaster liquid cooling "master liquid pro", in play with a 4K monitor and with fps 70/80 the temperature settles between 60/65 C ° even with 24 cars.

20. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

GPU temps are a little high too....Are you sure that the chassis cooling fans are well mounted? When I assembled my first PC i got a little high temperatures, repositioning the fans helped to cool down.
    You can find some videos on YT about case air flow

Just for info, I run a i7 8700K@4.9 GHz, never gone above 75° (with a room temperature of 28° and more), same for the GPU, as in specs and overclocked, never above 69°

21. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

It depends on your budget. If that's not a problem and you want an air cooler, the Noctua NH-D15S is very good and is a little more compatible with different RAM sticks than the NH-D15. However, check that it will fit in your case as it's very big. If you prefer an all-in-one liquid cooler, I'd go for the Corsair H100i.