1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How do you prepare yourself for a race

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by anthonylroy, May 13, 2019.

1. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I find that when starting a multiplayer race I am a bit apprehensive, and almost all of the times I KNOW an accident was caused by me its usually on the first lap. So the question is , how do you relax yourself before a race. Usually I play single player mode first before I even attempt MP. However I am curious what others do to get there mind in the correct state.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Feature request: audible signal for "Drive" being prepared in CP-race Jan 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Do you ever find yourself face-to-face with how USELESS you are at this...? Sep 20, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues add yourself to group admins Feb 9, 2017
    Screens & Videos Multiplayer Drift + Action cam = You watch it & feel Drift by yourself Jun 3, 2016

3. Arlo

Arlo Racer

First don't drive when you're tired ;)
    i do a hot stint in sp first to see if I am in the right state of mind.
    then go on the server in a practice session to get a feel for the field of pilots.
    and always expect something to happen in T1, because I am a decent mid fielder I tend to brake a little earlier then the normal brake points in the first lap.
    When the field settles I try to get in my race pace and focus on my own driving.

anthonylroy likes this.
  4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

You race for fun, for enjoyment, for the pleasure of racing with other drivers, think of that first of all and it will ease your mind and apprehension.

Accidents will always happen, but that doesn't mean they happen in all laps or in all races, face accidents as something natural in racing, try not to cause them and try to avoid them, but don't be anxious about it because they exist, are part of racing.

For the race it self there are simply 3 rules you can follow: first know the track well enough to have a flow driving around it; second have a steady pace, a consistent pace, where it's you that are in control of the car; and third, always consider the other drivers before your self, if someone spins or crashes or is simply occupying or usual line, don't keep the racing line as if he will move out of the way, but try to drive around it, give him some room wherever possible.
    When you feel confident with your driving and with how you race on track you'll not feel apprehensive with other drivers but rather glad that they are there to drive with you.

Perhaps this sound a bit romantic, but I think that this is how people who enjoy racing online feel about it. At least I do, and some old friends of MP racing with whom I talked about online racing have similar thoughts about it.

anthonylroy, Fabri Fibra and Arlo like this.
  5. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

If it is important (league racing or similar) I practice the track in long stints a week after, and the last day I do AI racing at a higger level than me

Arlo likes this.
  6. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

I try and find my own rhythm as quickly as possible; make use of the practice and qualifying time to just set some laps, no need to be pushing. At the race start I find it beneficial to take it easy going into the first few corners instead of trying to make moves forward; trying to stick to one side of the track to limit the number of cars around me and focusing whats in front of me and alongside me. Don't fight too hard too early, and dont worry about losing positions off the start; let your tires and brakes come up to temperature, then focus on applying pressure and learning where the car ahead is weaker. If you qualified ahead of someone and they pass you into T1, you know you already showed better pace than them, so don't stress about having to get those positions back.

If you do get involved in bumping, try to let it go and focus on regaining lost ground; looks towards improving your CC and CN ratings with clean, consistent laps to help get yourself back into the rhythm, with a distinct focus on not overdriving.

Arlo likes this.
  7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

1. Booze.
    2. Throwing stones at some street dogs, until they come and bite me
    3. More booze.
    4. Yell at neighbours on the stairwell.
    5. Booze.
    6. Finally seat myself on a needle cushion before the monitor and have electric shocks all over the wheel rim.

All these perceptions wake me up and bring me into the right mood. As a result my car drives even with empty tanks, that angry I am. Everybody screams, everybody runs and panics, everybody begs for mercy. Race won. Job done. Great game. Prost!

:D

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

[​IMG]

mikendrix likes this.
  9. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

First I pee
    Then I get some water
    Then I pee again
    Then I race

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I breathe and do a split like Jean Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport

mikendrix, chksix and Coanda like this.
  11. Pani De Pani

Pani De Pani Gamer

Doing the SRO Event this song came to my mind and worked so i keep it while race hard lol

FrankTheTankGER and Coanda like this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

haha classic :D:p

Pre Anavar
    [​IMG]
    Post Anavar
    serveimage.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    bgil66 likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I always start with the "The Shadows" Blood & Guts - ooooooooohhhhhh arrrrrrrrrr Squeeeeeeeez it in YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATES! DRIVE IT, DRIVE IT OUT... BRING IT IN.... One more for the the the BUSINESS! :cool::cool::cool:

Sean Kaufman - Best bodybuilder trainer ever!

then onto big Ronnie Coleman's monster 800 LBS squats :cool::cool::cool:

finished by Manny Pacquiao's early raw shadow boxing training days. "The peoples champion from Sarangani Provence General Santos, the fighting pride of the Philippines Maaaaaaaaaaany 'PACMAN' Pacquiao!". What a bloody legend! :cool::cool::cool:

***warning SA rating will go down by 10-20 points after watching this :D:p

bgil66 likes this.
  14. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

First I listen to this

Then to this

And off with the music, GT3 has enough orchestra ;)

Coanda likes this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Have you tried hot lapping with Desolation going on in the background? That would be f#@king nuts :D

Radfahrer likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

a bloody rev up for all you aussie bogans :cool::D you know who you are :p

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

283666.jpg

I tried the James Hunt approach... You know, a couple of spliffs and handful of lines of the devils dandruff... Qualified P1, won the sprint race by over 5 minutes then crashed and burned in the enduro :mad::p:D woke up the next day with two girls, a headache and some random dude in my bed... ummmm :eek::confused::cool:

18. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

One or two hits of the pipe, smoke a cig, and drink some Monster.

19. R. Iván

R. Iván Gamer

jajjaja INTERNET

20. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I drink and pee.

21. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Just get on the pc jon the server and try not to crash in to people :D

Coanda and Aseeth like this.