1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

The M6 seems to benefit from a superb TC in terms of its acceleration. Even on a perfect rubber line I use to setup the TC on 5 to have perfect control on corner exit everywhere and I don‘t feel any lack of accelerating power.
    I am able to achieve at least Top5-10 against 100% skilled AI on all tracks. On lower TC levels I am a bit slower.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I bet BMW is just broken after the aero typo hotfix.. unbelievable how car is fast...made me laugh at some times...i was pushing pretty fast following a guy who is constantly wheels of the track and slow in turns... but as soon he presses dam accelerate he is gone.. even once in slipstream with Ferrari like 20 cm away from BMW and BMW still pulls away and no slipstream help me. Weird...and if you join multiplayer now.. its just crazy how many people just choose BMW...and that makes me think BMW is broken atm. Just my thought

3. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

Yep thats exactly what i think ...

sometimes a BMW infront of me gains upto 0,5 seconds on a straight (Monza/PR) when im in a different car

4. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I was really, really loyal to the Bentley but it's silly how fast the BMW is. At Nürburgring there is no defence. The only option is to drive the BMW yourself; unfortunately it feels like the car is doing half the job for you and that you really cant take the credit for it yourself...

5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

When 0.7.2 released i was doing hungaroring race with guys i have been driving for a while and i learned from them a lot of stuff..and they are fast and consistent.. after doing a race with them i ended up being 23 seconds ahead of them on 40min race.. i knew that was not possible.. i am not slow myself but still i found it hard to belive all of the sudden i am wining against people that teached me haha

Madsen likes this.
  6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I just move out of the way as soon as BMW appears in my mirrors....resistance is futile (and I have an inherent mistrust of BMW drivers!)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  7. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Sadly, power is the biggest advantage in race cars. If you drive a car, that gains in corners, it does not help that much with overtaking. So if you are not a very risky driver you often stay behind the slower car, which flies away on the straights.
    So lap times do not necessarily reflect the racing abilities of a car.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I feel like I have to quote this here:

No, the BMW is not a heap faster at all, the guy driving it is the faster thing in that equation. And you guys should really help populate the servers with some practice rather populate the forums making excuses

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The BOP kind of works in a way that the cars with worst cornering will have the highest top speed. So the better handling cars will get better exits and with a draft you can pass. For example at Monza the Ferrari is pretty much the slowest in a straight line but can pass every other car easily enough. The higher top speed cars are also the weakest onto the straights.

If you watched the Silverstone 3hr last week you would have seen this with the Ferrari and Lambo battle at the end.

Obviously its not easy and a good driver in the faster straight line car needs to ensure he makes no errors at the critical corners but a tiny error and hes done.

Then this faster car trying to make a return pass isnt necessarily any easier as they will struggle to stay close enough on exits to pass at the end of the straights.

The great part of GT3 racing and the BOP is you can run fairly different cars with different strengths and weaknesses for competitive lap times. BOP isnt always perfect but its even more fun for me battling with the underdog car as long as its relatively competitive and pretty much all are.

If the guy ahead of you has you on pure lap time then not much you can do even if your only a couple tenths per lap off. But this is the same case even if your both in the same car especially over a short race. Go longer races and the advantages may change through the stint, Blancpain is an Endurance series too so this should also be a factor not just single lap or sprint pace.

The BMW itself is generally not the fastest mid corner or on straights but its a pretty solid overall package. It can achieve very good pace but its far from being clearly the fastest of the cars we have at all tracks atm.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The funny thing I joined a Monza practice only server not long ago, probably 75% BMW's in a full server.

I picked the Ferrari and went fastest. Hung around for a few sessions as it was maybe 15 min per session.

By the 3rd session it was about 75% ferraris yet the gaps were much the same as when they were mostly in a BMW. This is with very minimal setup work too in all cars. :D

There was only 1 other guy matching my Ferrari pace of 1:47.4 but by then I was in the GTR which for me was a bit of a battle to get to 1:47.9 but still faster then nearly all Ferraris and BMW's in the server. Could have done the same in the Lambo and all other cars in that server would have been very close to quickest if you got sub 1:48. When the quick guy in the BMW left amd I was quickest in the GTR surprisingly more switched to this too.

Rather then having this as a mental block challenge yourself to get the most from any car. They all take a fairly different aproach but then racing with other good guys there really isnt heaps in it.

It really takes a very quick guy in one of the top 3 cars to make other very quick guys struggle a bit in the slightly slower ones. Possibly with setup and more laps even they would get a bit closer.

At Nurburgring I ran some races trying most cars again. Really any of them can do sub 1:54 and give most a good shock when you pass then in the "slow" car.

Mostly running dynamic conditions the actual laptimes arent that important but it would be funny if more of the quicker guys ran other cars to wake up some of the factory BMW drivers and make more sign new deals. :D

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

[​IMG]

LeiF, sissydriver and chksix like this.
  12. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Since this thread came up, and I have commented on the M6 performance previously. I have to admit that I might have been wrong by saying its too fast.

13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Truth to be told, the car has probably a too high easy of use/performance ratio. Final fine tuning for v1.0 is also under way so we'll see.
    But again I expect different cars to be able to win in different tracks.

14. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

This is my feeling about it, with practice and a bit of fine tuning, I can pretty much match my BMW lap times with most cars on most tracks, but with the BMW I can just jump in, pick the aggressive set up and be consistently fast (by my standards), this ease of use, coupled with it's grunt on the straights make it a phenomenal race car in MP at the moment.

15. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

lol.. that's hilarious that most of the server just switches to whatever car the fastest guy happens to be using. I'm sure once they still couldn't match your times, they concluded you had a special setup.

16. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Of cause they do. Why should they question their own skills?! :D

17. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Personally I don't think BMW is that much faster car then most of current cars available, regarding laptime. It has flaws as well, specially in cornering, there are many cars faster, and its hard car to catch after a spin. Top speed is greater for a bit in mid long straights, on long, some other cars are faster.
    A lot depends of the car setup, for example, aggressive one for me is not that good for my driving style. I have spent lots of hours on car setup, to fine tune for each track. Some still need some work, specially when on worn tires.
    But I find it very enjoyable car to drive, thats why I like it the most.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

BMW is currently the fastest car for me to drive... that thing down the back straight Paul Ricard... oohhweee just gone if ur in anything else...

19. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I do not like the bmw, I prefer lambo or bentley as the eay they "feel" to me. Yet if I want to be competitive I jump in the bmw and I'm between 0.8 and 1.4 seconds faster on all tracks... So to me it is indeed the fastest car of the bunch, and.feels very safe to drive to me. Also feels like it accelerates faster than anything else and has great top speed...

Maybe I do not like it but it fits my driving? Oh I do not make setup works.

Rolz likes this.
  20. Rolz

Rolz Alien

+1
    I'm definitely slower in the Lambo than the BMW, but it is my choice until I get my hands on the AMG or 911 :D