1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Which Wheel do you have?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ozelot S, May 12, 2019.

?

Which current Wheel do you have?

1. Direct Drive

42 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. Belt Drive

134 vote(s)
    55.1%
  3. Gear Drive

67 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, it comes down to availability here in Europe. I concidered the PPTs, but customs, interest and importing fees don’t make them feasible to me.

Arlo likes this.
  2. Ozelot S

Ozelot S Racer

I recently upgraded from V3s to the Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals and the difference is huge!
    Throttle is a bit stiffer than V3s with harder spring and is smoother, clutch is way better and the brake is a huge step even when using the BPK on the V3s. I only can recommend the Sprints ;)

3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Glad to hear, because I’m waiting for mine to be dispatched this week.:cool:

And me thinking about how I had to date my wife so she let me order them and, at the same time, telling myself that I’m probably crazy to do it, but from the last posts in here I see I’m not alone and I think I’m still fine.:D

XettMan, Ozelot S and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

2 years with an oldie-but-goodie G25 (gear) and just now upgraded to Fanatec Clubsport 2.5 (belt :rolleyes:) - A BIG upgrade!

5. esox71

esox71 Alien

T500, fan mod, v3 pedals.

dek likes this.
  6. Logitech G27
    I don't understand how everyone says it's a loud wheel, mine's always quiet unless I hit a curb just right. Works amazingly apart from the lack of buttons.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

TS-PC Racer and CSL Elite pedals.....I love it.
    I don't think I'll ever make the jump to a DD wheel. I'd need to invest in a new rig as well and change my shakers setup and I don't think I can justify the investment

dek and Luis Branco like this.
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah it was mainly on the curbs if I remember correctly, many years since I used one though. Belt driven feels overall more smooth, hard to explain. Maybe a bit less accurate? G27 isn't a bad wheel, I wanted more torque mainly when I switched to T500 (which still has more torque than T300 if I recall right, while not as much as the new top of the line Thrustmasters)

T500 is still good wheel imo (works like a charm still after years of hard use), the pedals are a bit flimsy (not really better than G27, they just look better) and table clamp is pathetic compared to G27. Don't know if TS-PC racer has better clamp, or if it isn't a priority (I guess they are mainly aimed to be hard mounted)

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  9. One thing I like about sim racing, you can spend $200 on a wheel setup or $5000, and chances are the guys with $200 setups will out drive you every time. I watch some of the guys that race live from time to time, and many of them have never seen a direct drive wheel let alone load cell pedals, and they brake track records all the time. You ether have it or you don't, you cant buy it.

10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

‘‘Tis very true....but even if you don’t have it, that doesn’t detract from the enjoyment of using top end gear for your hobby if you are able and so inclined.

To answer the op

I started with a thrustmaster TX, upgraded to a CSW2.5 (well worth it) and now have a DD1 on order....I use CSW v3 pedals.

XettMan and fsuarez79 like this.
  11. I agree enjoyment is whats its all about. I would love to buy a DD wheel this year, if possible. I probably would not be any faster, but I would look good doing it.

12. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Csl elite with mclaren wheel. Really good setup, I really have no need to upgrade to a DD wheel, which is not say I won’t some day. The csl isn’t the last word in tightness and precision but it’s really great nonetheless. And he shifters aren’t perfect on the Mclaren, but the wheel itself is awesome and makes up for it.

Arlo likes this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

This is true, you can learn to be quick with anything decent. My pace didnt change much going from basic logitech g25 then g27 to accuforce v2 and simworx pro hydraulic pedals.

But damn its more enjoyable to use the good stuff. Actually adjusting to the wheel for me was very easy and initialy I got this first before the pedals. A DD wheel is just a much more direct version of the basic consumer wheel.

Ultimate pace probably no different, I suspect being a bit over the limit is easier to manage and so consistancy and feel in changeable conditions and long runs better on the DD.

The pedals were a huge change, going from logitech pedals where your mostly dancing on egg shells to a proper set that can get up to 200kg brake force (have it around 140kg atm) on the load cell. It took quit some time to even get used to 100kg on the brake.

My gap to others on the old hardware vs new was much the same, actually took about a month to get back closer to the front adjusting to the braking mostly.

Also this setup is a proper workout where with the logitech full setup I really didnt build up a sweat in comparison. Oh also the logitechs were pretty weak and broke, pedals especially were prone to spiking which clearly costs pace when things play up and at the end of their life it was pretty frustrating. My current hardware is all built like a tank, pretty well over engineered for its purpose so its possible something may fail at some point but no signs of it yet with 100's of hours use.

My new pedals are so precise and have never made a single spike or had a calibration issue. The throttle has way more travel and once used to the brake the feel is considerably better, the sad thing is the pedals feel way better then my real car and even the wheel is more direct and responsive. :D

If I was to go back to the old setup however I think I would really struggle, Ive unlearnt all the things I needed with that and it would take me longer to get back to pace with the older hardware I suspect.

Also the old office chair would have no hope using my current hardware, hard mounting it all now with Sparco seat and using the forces I use currently. Id probably break the logitech setup in a couple days.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  14. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

The best one is a used G27 in perfect condition.
    I bought mine for 60€.
    I put a Nixim spring in the brake : 20€
    and inverted the pedals for 0€ : https://imgur.com/kIm4dzE
    I bought ACC 18€ during the first months of Early Access

Total : 98€ :p

15. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Thrustmaster Formula T2; the best.
    I have no issues with microcorrections :)

Sexton Hardcastle and LeiF like this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, people can be fast with any wheel, even without FFB, even with just a keyboard, game-pad, whatever. From a purely performance (competition) perspective, getting a DD-wheel won't turn an average racer into an alien. What it can do is improve consistency and increase immersion (if that matters to the individual). Personally, using a DD-wheel is a game changer because it was the catalyst that propelled my passion for Sim-racing to a whole new level; one that motivated me to learn more, work more, build more, practice more, and most importantly, enjoy the whole experience more. The increase in dynamic range did more to demonstrate the value of kinetic's in Sim-racing than I'd ever considered before, and it lead to exploration of tactile and motion systems as well.

XettMan, Tim Meuris and Seelenkrank like this.
  17. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Maybe not, but I’m sure it helps a lot though.
    From my little experience, with ACC I progressively did better times each time I improved my hardware.
    First I had a Logitech DFGT, my CC rating was hardly green. With a G27 I was way more often in green, and more important I was way more consistent. The pedals did the whole difference for me.
    Then I hit a wall I struggled to overcome with the old hotlap event with the Ferrari (Hungaroring). This time I installed the Nixim brake spring, I did 3 laps and beat my best time by nearly 1s.
    Recently I inverted my pedals (still the G27), it also improved my times : now I can brake harder, it doesn’t move, it’s way more confortable etc...

My rig is cheap but I know I could do even better with better wheel and pedal resolution, DD or belt, bigger wheel, real play seat, better position, HMD with better resolution and framerate (Rift owner), load cell, etc...

18. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP - yeeeears ago, but it was my first FFB wheel and I still remember what a game changing experience that was.

Now:
    Thrustmaster TX base with a silent fan
    DIY GT rim (from 3drap.it)
    Thrustmaster t3pa pedals with 3d printed Tilton-style tops on brake and clutch as well as a DIY 20 KGs load cell.

19. R4F

R4F Gamer

I am using a modded T300RS with the open wheel add-on and t3pa pro pedals. I like this combo.

Maybe one day i can afford a direct drive wheel and some nice pedals ;)

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, incremental improvements are pretty common but, we shouldn't expect major improvements in lap-times just as a result of moving to DD-wheels. The consistency that can result from DD-wheels can be significant though, imo. :)