1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

And this is a positive conclusion that I also got when I watched the video, but his answer was so full of bitterness that I'm not sure he extracted the same conclusion.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

jaxx_za and Whitestar like this.
  2. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Yeah, I mus admit there was a point where I was starting to get disappointed but then I realised I was just setting my expectations based on my wishes.

I have been using triples with ACC now for over a month pretty regularly and I'm ok with it.

The only thing I need now is the ability to fine tune the graphics options: the Medium PostProcess effects are just too heavy for high FPS, but the Low setting (which is basically OFF as far as I can tell) looks a bit washed out.
    Basically I want a little Ambient Occlusion, but no Depth of Field.

3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

One of the weirdest conclusions I have ever seen from an interview. Almost as if he just ignored what was actually said by Marco.

jaxx_za likes this.
  4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

This kind of fine-tuning options should come in future updates after 1.0, or maybe with 1.0, who knows. I think a scenery complexity selector would also be welcome, I know they have spent so many hours recreating the tracks with all those trackside objects and details, but it would help people with lesser hardware, or people who prefer more FPS instead of more details.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Yeah, I think for the EA stage it's nice to see all the detail, but my breaking points are not based off the spectators track side for example...
    Infact last night I had to set the Draw Distance to Epic because at Monza it was so distracting to see the spectators appear as I was approaching T3-4

Even Shadows, I have set them at High because, after looking into the predefined settings in UE4, Low is basically hardly any shadow at all, and from Mid onwards the qualty is the same, what changes is the distance at which they are drawn. And if I set the Shadows to Mid, they appear half way down the straights out of nowhere. (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5SOK9D2818)

Maybe (but I don't know if this is the case) all these side effects are exacerbated on triple screen: when we use a low vFOV (I use 30) the track and all the objects are magnified.

To bring some context, I am targeting 90 FPS stable (using the FPS limiter, without it I can hit ~110 FPS at 'noon') with my current settings, and I only see a dip below 90 at specific times like: race start, or certain sectors of a track. Reducing the number of objects on screen, without sacrificing the drawing distance, would suit this game better IMHO.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. MPaC

MPaC Gamer

just get a generation 2 VR set . way better than any triple screen.

pimax , valve index or hp reverb.

i recommend the pimax5k+ cause of the very good screen and amazing FOV .you will see way more than any triple screen setup and will be immersed like never before

7. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Only the pimax really has a fov to match a triple screen setup (or some crazy expensive corporate vr system), but I would never buy a pimax anyway. Most VR headsets quote diagonal fov values (I believe).

Also, owning a VR headset already, I have to disagree.

I have much more peripheral view than (the vast majority of) VR headsets, I also have a crisp, clean and detailed image, I also get very good FPS with all that 'shiny' turned on. Oh and I also feel a lot more relaxed when using my triples, without a huge box sitting on my face for an hour or so.

VR is not for everybody, Marco Massarutto agree's @25:32.
    Some of the issues that people suffer from using VR isn't an issue with triples.

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

VR v. triple has been discussed to death in other threads and at page 40 of this thread we are only looking at triple specific solutions. Please refrain from derailing this thread thank you.

9. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

For you guys with triples, have you read Marco reply in Aristotelis FB?

[​IMG][/url]

Hagen and Lima like this.
  10. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Yeah, it was mentioned a while ago already. But thanks anyway.

11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I think it wasn’t confirmed it will come with v1.0, but with Marco reply you guys know it will.;)

12. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I see what you mean. We knew they were working on it but this is good news they are going to definitely have something for 1.0

13. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

So does this actually mean that the image on the sides will be compressed / "dragged in", revealing more of the road on each side?

14. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

Could someone post a translation to the full message conversation above? There's an image but it's not clear whether that is showing the problem or the proposed solution.

I hope it doesn't show the solution as that looks pretty stretched.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  15. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Yep. Forgot what language I was reading...

Alessandro asked: aris, will there be support for triple screen?

Marco says: and that’s not all [not sure what he referred to here] but we also developed a feature that limits the distortion on the side screens. We’ll cover the topic in more detail soonTM

The other comments and the picture were referring to Epic/Unreal not supporting triple screen and the image was posted to show that in the opinion of the poster the current implementation by Epic isnt too bad. (Although I think it’s too stretched and it looks like the FOV wasn’t adjusted)

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  16. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

It goes something like this:

Q: will ACC [v1.0] support triple screens?
    R: no, unfortunately.
    R: Kunos said it can’t do anything because it must developed directly by Epic [UE]
    Marco Massarutto R: not only that [developed directly by EPIC - my read of this: Epic must have UE with a feasible triple monitor support and then Kunos have to implemented it to ACC], but Kunos already have included a feature that limits the lateral distortion of the image, and more about it will be let known soon
    R: thanks for the good news
    R: Kunos never disappoints
    R: just to show a bit [although the screen doesn't seem to be from triples]. For the moment I'm fine with it, the best would be [also] TrackIR support but it's not a priority.

Tim Meuris and Whitestar like this.
  17. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The downside to doing it as a post-process is you have to render at even higher resolution to accommodate the distortion. Perversely, this results in higher image quality for the side screens than the center, because they're effectively super-sampled.

VR suffers from a similar problem, wasting resources where it's least necessary.

18. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

If they did that, it would provide a very negligible gain in terms of FOV and a horrible performance hit.
    A simpler alternative would be to support monitors and projectors mounted at 45 degrees by literally compressing the side monitor image, yet not rendering any more detail: we would end up with black bars on the side monitors, one on the left side of the left monitor, and the other on the right side of the right monitor, but it would have negligible impact on performance providing essentially the same hFOV.

19. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I can't imagine people being happy with a solution which might only render across half of each side screen.

20. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I get your point, but at the moment you get exactly the same result in terms of what you see, except you have to change the angle of the side monitors when playing ACC as opposed to AC, iRacing, etc... and for some that’s way more unacceptable.

I currently have enough space to have the monitors parallel to each other, but won’t be very soon. I’d rather have black bars and see exactly the same amount of detail to be honest.