1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

After all,,why Acc is born?..Ac1 is at least as good as Acc regarding FFB,,physics,,and close in handling.
    Roster car of Ac1 is far superior,Tracks are better in Acc as laser scanned is unbeatable,,and
    Textures,lighting and graphics arguably are better in Acc as well.
    The main difference was supposedly to be the MP ,the heart of the game,,,sorry ...sim..(no offense)..
    Now that Acc has unveiled their intentions you find yourself with a sim /game with 10 cars,maybe,10 tracks, and
    Nice 4 k graphics assuming you have a super Gpu to move it all..
    vr is not better in Acc,,than Ac1
    Menus/options are far superior in Ac1..just have a look to the menu options in game ,,or just simply into the menu.

So again,,why Acc?
    With excelentes mods/tracks etc this blancpain thing tournament could have been implemented int Ac1 same way Rf2/r3e are doing,,) with the same Mediocre MP structure as well.
    So,,pls,can someone reply to this question..if MP in Acc is going to be as announced by Kunos..And assuming
    Mp was the main difference “competizione” expected regarding other similar titles.,,which is the reason for Acc to be developed?...
    Rgs

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. Adastros

Adastros Racer

If you think you are the GOOD here you are wrong because exept for the few first pages idea nothing is GOOD ( and don't use racism thanks )

3. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

You said it.

4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

The reason is that people complained about the lack of night and rain and endurance races with driver swaps. And the lack of a full license with all circuits and tracks and specific rules of a racing series.

All of this are things that people asked for in the AC forums.

For me ACC is what GTR3 should have been. And if we also get a better multiplayer, it will be the icing on the cake. But that's me, of course.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

PLebre and jaxx_za like this.
  5. I hope the relationship between acc and Sro is for the long term and will lead to yearly official championships. :D
    qualifications on site. and the championship will start at the end very end of the real one to finish when the next season starts.
    so they will have all the time to set the cars for the eversion. :D
    and more importantly, no one need to change multiplayer structure :D

PLebre likes this.
  6. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I'm here since thé begining, but i was hold on the due to mechanic failure. ;)

Ace Pumpkin, aotto1977 and Arlo like this.
  7. Hi mate :) Don't start any discussion here.
    It's simply senseless. You'll end up just in an endless circle of this thread. Even with your good intention. ;)
    We Germans have a saying: "Der Klügere gibt nach." ("The wiser head gives in." or "A wise man knows when to run.")

Greets After_Midnight

BTW: I'm a subscriber of your channel. So all the best of luck for you :)

8. yes :p I used to before I moved to Rome and discovered the real deal.
    I'd say people from napoli are as clueless about carbonara as people from Rome (and the rest of the world) are about pizza (and mozzarella) :p

carry on :D

9. Turk

Turk Alien

[​IMG]

I think people expected the SRS software to be built into ACC and that Kunos would be setting races at scheduled times for people to join. They also seem to have expected to be able to join races with their sim twins by pressing one button.

All of the things they want can still be achieved, it's just not in a button push.

I think that's what it is, I'm not entirely sure what's being asked for to be honest.

I didn't really put to much thought into what the multiplayer safety system was going to be. So I'm not at all disappointed.

PLebre likes this.
  10. we gathered the feedback from the users during the AC "1" years and tried to come up with a list of things we could achieve for our new project... in random order:

- Full 24h progression (night)
    - Variable weather conditions (rain)
    - More focused racing rules implementation
    - Complete car roster for an existing championship
    - "Minorating-like" multiplayer ranking
    - Experiment with a third party engine in order to be able to spend more time and resources on gameplay rather than engine development/test/debug.
    - Big effort to improve in the audio department
    - UI fully navigable using input devices
    - UI fully navigable in VR
    - Driver swaps
    - Chose to replicate a championship that seemed to be the most popular choice and request in AC1
    - The obvious push forward in terms of physics realism
    - A couple other stuff I can't remember now

To me.. that looks quite A LOT for a little more than 12 months of full on development.. but I understand not every user will agree and be satisfied and it's totally fine.

We are following these threads closely and will try our best to make as many of you happy as we can possibly can.

11. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

I get it, I'm a racist.

jeez, this forum.

Maybe if you go out of the official forums echo chamber you will see that 99% of comments in Reddit/Youtube/etc... are from very very angry people. Much more than me.

12. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Appreciated. Even tho after page 20 we are just trash talking.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  13. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

14. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Wow, of all people to recognize trash talking. The pot calling the kettle black would be an extreme understatement in your case.

15. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Dude, I'm honestly admitting I've been trash talking too much, which is almost like an implicit apology, and still you go hard on me; let it go.

Oblit0r likes this.
  16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Driver swaps finally confirmed by the dev? :)

17. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Well, first lets check what "swap" means in the dictionary... :p

I feel meme potential in here.

18. in before somebody makes a YT angry video complaining "driver swaps" in ACC do not include plane tickets and accommodations for their teammates :p

19. Aika_rajuu

Aika_rajuu Gamer

Everything you said in the list is right but not really.

I hope that my next thought make any sense:
    Back in the AC days the "- "Minorating-like" multiplayer ranking" was the best what we knew.
    How ever the way that online games that promote Esports / competitive gaming has changed drastically in the past 3-5 years.
    Simracing as genre is a lot behind other titles since its really niche genre.
    How ever in the past 1-2 years it has skyrocketed and people are coming from other titles that have figured out to make optimal online competitive systems.

SO what has really happened that the online aspect of the project was already outdated at the point when people requested it.
    People didn't know the possibility's of ranked matchmaking system around simracing 2-3 years ago even when other games already had it.

I hope that this makes any sense and probably open up the current "wrong doings".

MonzterPixel likes this.
  20. Everything in the list is what we committed to implement in ACC. It's not "right" and it is not "wrong"... it simply is what it is.

I am sure your list is different from every other ACC user's own list.. heck even "my" list is different than the one above.

The list above is simply an intersection between the most requested features from the users and what we can deliver.
    Whatever we'll do next will still try to find the best way to match your requests with what we can achieve.

Luatz1, martcerv, Echo_29 and 22 others like this.