1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This is correct, IMO.

A start/finish ratio as thought up by @aotto1977 is a good idea, though. Quitters cause a lot of frustration in MP racing for me.

micki9393 and trasgu like this.
  2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Yes there are some youtubers making drama about ACC , only to get more viewers. :)

3. yeah.. it's also treated as a "magic ingredient"... they also use onions.. ewwwww

Tell me about it... every time I said that in the past the "VR-mafia" told me I was an idiot and the implementation in AC1 was not "proper".

It's not that easy to please players these days.. it seems that the only thing most of you want to do is to find something to be angry about so you can go online to vent.
    It doesn't matter if it is a game, a movie, a TV series, a car, some well known guy saying something you don't like.. it's all about going online and vent frustration.. I know, I do that too :p

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  4. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I'm a 100% VR player, but no part of the mafia though. ;)
    I think both methods have their pros and cons., and they depend heavily on the UI. I prefer to use the main menu in AC1 (with CM) on the screen as it is, because the pages are packet with a lots of detail. On the other hand you guys did a decent job with the ACC UI, which is overall nice to handle with goggles on.
    Maybe a little fix here and there – for example I have issues reading the MP server list details properly due to text size vs. resolution.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Excellent writeup of how ACC sorts the server list. Really struggling to see how this doesn't count as a valid version of "matchmaking" to some.

Some more thoughts on the term of "matchmaking".

1) Some might think that "matchmaking" includes "match" like in "Tennis match" or "Football Match" - a game of Tennis or Football. So coming from that it seems logical to expect that a match (here: a race) is being made - hence the requests for.
    2) Others (including myself) might think that "matchmaking" includes "match" like in "This player's pace matches my pace.". The term is also used for "life partner search" platforms.

Reading the below, it couldn't be any clearer to me that all the boxes for 2) are checked in the current ACC status.

Ricky Reject, ignission and aotto1977 like this.
  6. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Hi there lord kunos, your post got me thinking.... From Minolins post, we already know that there won't be scheduled races (at least for now), but you mention that there will be driver swaps (it also says that on the website if i am not wrong.).

My concern is that, with the actual lobby system, we don't have the possibility of joining a race as a "team". (2 drivers joining together so that later they can make the driver swap).

My questions are... Will we be able to make servers (both public or private) so that drivers can only join in teams of 2/3 players(no individual players allowed)? Will we be able to make a team of 2/3 drivers before joining the server so that we can join together for the driver swap?

I'm sure you guys have all figured out already, but seeing that driver swap has always been mentioned in a generic way (if i am not mistaken), and that we have no scheduled races so that people can organize and join in advance....makes me feel like the driver swap will only be able offline with the AI... I hope I am wrong..

Cheers

Freddie Seng and micki9393 like this.
  7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Exactly. And this is what is so great about replicating this series - it is natural to have drivers of different abilities competing for differing goals within the same field. Prefect. This is also a key consideration in why a 'one-button-match-me-with-drivers-of-the-same-ability' model probably isn't the best solution for this game's online experience. Vive la diférence.

vortex19 and Arlo like this.
  8. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Replays are another aspect that in my view works better outside of VR. Especially after a strenuous race - ideal opportunity to give the eyes a break before hitting the track again. Find myself watching a lot less race replays because of VR strain.

Zanza21 likes this.
  9. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

I guess its not just about different point of views.
    I have the vague feeling we (players) often don't really know what we want or better, we tend to be unable to fully understand the consequences/results of our whishes.
    Thats prolly partially true even in the whole matchmaking thread as well...

In this particular case (Vr-ui, pancake-ui) couldnt you keep both ways ? Pleaaase ? To let both smart-gamers and us idiots/unproper-implementation-lover/kunos-fanboys happy ? Wud be cool

10. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

I totally agree here too , always changed to monitor even on AC1 for the replays

Arlo likes this.
  11. eh.. if only software dev was as easy as some you guys think it is.. what a wonderful world would it be.

sissydriver, Coanda, martcerv and 2 others like this.
  12. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Your more likely to have a woman admit "your right, my bum does look big in this" than appease a lot of sim racers these days Stefano. ;)

sissydriver, Coanda, martcerv and 2 others like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im fairly sure that will be addressed in a future update hopefully v1, the first server build did give us an idea of the sort of server options Kunos have planned. In there was an option to allow people to escape to pits or not, obviously it didn't work in that build but this I would assume escape=retire from session and also pits closed to all that didn't enter the pit. I would really like this even for practice and qualy sessions making people drive back to pits rather then stopping all over the track after the line then escaping back to pits for another quick run.

This wont be forced on all servers but for those that want this its a very welcome option, it will pretty much instantly stop in race practice sessions. :p

Seeing full server settings in lobby before joining would also be very welcome.

tjr and PiretSS2000 like this.
  14. esox71

esox71 Alien

+1
    four seasons in one lap, yeah lets go in there...o_O

15. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

Actually i'm a dev as well but i admit i got no experience on videogames or VR (i'm paid to fight with rtp streams or to apply some ML/DL magic on those rtp data)...still i tought that it should not be really SO complex to replicate the menus on the pancake screen as well and enable mouse cursor (that would be enuff i think, to let me setup my car without the headset on)

But yep, i know that sometime something which sounds very easy to say isnt very easy to implement , if i only cud explain that a lil better to my boss...;)

16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well the strategy is a different one: Public (that is non-pw protected) pickup servers () can only change what you can see in the server list: Track, Sessions, lenght, weather. Everything else defaults to the most .. casual setting, for example the short formation lap. It's a bad thing to get surprised by whatever server admins set up, and you don't wanna click through the servers to basically see a UI of 100 settings.

Again, give us a bit of time, at some point we will reveal more about how this will play together.

Coanda, Rolz, vanveen and 4 others like this.
  17. esox71

esox71 Alien

Click on a server and then maybe it expands to see settings in the future?

Son, anthonylroy, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  18. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Maybe you're right but many are claiming to look what SRS do, what tipe of structure and rationality on the event engagement (each hour). And the mixture of cleaness and results for general, series and race leaderboards. For example: race al 07:00 Pm: that changes all the multiplayer experiece feeling, just by adding fixed time and also scenarios.

SlimCharles likes this.
  19. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I disagree. I could have been part of the VR mafia :D, but without the dumb insulting part toward the devs.

1. I don't want to put on/off my VR headset everytime I want to go in the menus. Especially when I have a ton of things to try (graphics, car settings, check my ratings, etc).
    The menus in VR are perfectly readable, and I can navigate easily with the Dpad on my wheel. It's very comfortable like that (for me, at least).

2. The focal lenght in our hmd is higher than watching a regular screen : Oculus Rift it's about 2m, when I play on my 24' screen it's 60cm (too far the road is too tiny for me).
    So my eyes are way more relaxed when I play in VR.

Chin likes this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For public servers then hopefull all will disallow escape to pit and mid race join, I would much rather have this as an option same as disabling assist like SC.

I really dont want to be forced to have public servers with most realistic settings disabled because people dont want a surprise. If official servers will have everything dumbed down it wouldnt bother me, we dont have any here anyway and if they are dumbed down like that I would avoid them anyway. I dont see no reason to limit the interesting features to passworded servers only.

Many features like escape to pit are much less of an issue in private servers so barely even needed there. In a public server it makes long races mostly useless if half the field are in a test session while others are doing an endurance race.

Edit:Another option could be have some server presets like basic to full sim and a few steps in between if you dont want too many random options.

Really nothing much wrong with a pub server and full formation, tyre limits, no escape in any session etc. Make this easily visible in the lobby to avoid surprises.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    eracerhead likes this.