1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How do you prepare yourself for a race

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by anthonylroy, May 13, 2019.

1. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Q: How do you prepare yourself for a race

A: I run in qualifying. :p

Also, if it's the weekend, I take another beer out of the fridge which I drink on the straights.

Serge M and anthony galmiche like this.
  2. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I saw many drunk people in race... LOL

FelixR1991 likes this.
  3. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Average race is :
    - Amber rhum
    - Lime lemon
    - Cane sugar
    - Angostura
    Put on the freezer then drink it bit by bit during the pratice and qualif sessions

Then dive bomb everyone when the race starts

:D No I'm joking, this without dive dombing (I am currenty 60 SA, and near 80-90 everywhere else).

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    nrc689 likes this.
  4. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

After a stressful day at work, and I don't have any dear girl to share time with, then I willingly play on ACC in MP, but only if in good company, just for fun. But if the usual idiot dedicated to giving accidents to everyone appears, I go on iracing. No special preparation, just the idea of finding fun.

5. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Look I might have been drinking, I was still winning the race okay...! Drinking doesn't influence my driving ability!

... said every alcoholic ever. For real though, ain't getting drunk from just a few beers.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

I wouldn't worry too much about causing accidents at the first corner, if it's not you it's someone else. All you can really do is try not to crash into the guy in front of you or beside you, it's up to the guys behind you not to crash into you.

The only thing that will really help is doing more races and getting comfortable behind the wheel. I don't get to race as often as I like so it can be as little as once a month. Then when I do race I get a massive adrenaline dump in the first two laps and it's not until I've done the 3 or 4th race that I've calmed down a bit.

anthonylroy likes this.
  7. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

[QUOTE = "FelixR1991, post: 1049074, membro: 206219"] Sembra che stavo bevendo, stavo ancora vincendo la gara ok ...! Bere non influenza la mia capacità di guida!

... ha detto ogni alcolizzato di sempre. Per il vero però, non si sta ubriacando da poche birre. [/ QUOTE]
    Obviously I was joking. He was not referring to you but to some people who seem drunk.
    ;)

8. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Lamb of god playlists are permanently at my fingertips . Often enough I´ve used them while driving, especially in AC1 on the Nordschleife when spanking the XBow .
    Driving like a mathematically programmed madman (funnily enough on a sidenote: deciphering Adlers drumlines is easier when I drive than when I try it without anything else to do Oo ) due to LoG made me drive a 6:54.7xx on the Nords with the XBow, so this kind of musical "envelope pushing" works even when driving for me, maybe that is down to the fact that I literally need music to function properly .

For now I´m not really listening to music when driving ACC, which is mainly because of the adrenaline-fuelling eargasms of the game sounds .
    I personally consider the soundscape in ACC highly stimulating as is already (blood and thunder aggression-levels of engine roar … plain SEXY! Gives me the goosebumperinos deluxe ) but once I´ve finally started settling down more with the GT3 cars I definitely will have music turned on again .

Coanda likes this.
  9. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

First off, I tell my wife I am about to launch ACC. Which means for the next couple of hours I'll be isolated in VR and hopefully she's so kind not to take any pictures of me or pokes me in the side just to see how hefty I **** my pants from the scare.
    Then i fill up a bottle of water for drinking.
    Then most of the time I head directly for a MP server. If a race is already running, I join the track in absolute beta mode (read: absolutely defensive) and take care I don't get in anybody's way. (I even use the indicator lights to show the guys lapping me, on which side of the track I'm about to go resp. stay – sadly I don't see that to often by other players.)
    Sometimes I meet someone not racing for the podium but with about the same pace as I do, and if I get the feeling he's comfortable with some backmarker action, I race him (still in beta mode) to lift my SA rating.

10. For me, Luis' post is most aligned with my approach. Personally, I have gotten to the point where I'm just generally comfortable that I can race very closely with others (thank you Protosimtech pedals) and I just deal with whatever happens on track; I control myself and cannot control others.

But, final practical item I'll add to this list: I (usually) turn OFF the HUD (so I'm not distracted by position number of time deltas) for the first lap or two. This helps keep me focused on track and MY driving, not on others.

11. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I don't have any button left to set left and right indicators...
    On my wheel (G27) I set TCS - + and ABS - +
    Then Pit limiter and pause.

12. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

Map another button for the MFD if you can; you can cycle through then use the d-pad (or menu navigation equivalents) to adjust the settings like that, including TC, ABS, fuel mix, indicators, brake bias, headlights, ignition and starter. Though it bothers me that you cant scroll endlessly; if you go to the bottom of the car settings in the mfd, you can't go down again to cycle back to the top

mikendrix likes this.
  13. aotto1977

But I do. :cool:

mikendrix likes this.
  14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You can bind multiple functions to the same button with the extended input option in the advanced menu when setting up controls.
    Blinkers are pretty useless and I wouldn't recommend using them when someone's behind you. It adds confusion; did he turn his left blinker on because he wants to overtake me on the left, or is he gonna move over to the left side?
    Just drive your line and you should be OK. With limited buttons there's a lot of other, way more useful keys to bind to your buttons.

tjr and mikendrix like this.
  15. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Congrats for using them.
    However, and I have them mapped, the issue I have is knowing when they are on/off and if I have the left or the right indicator on or off.
    I believe this is possible to know by looking at the indicative cockpit lights (as lights on/off, high beam on/off and rain light), but as I can't see the many of the cockpit lights I can't tell which lights are on or off.
    So, of all the lights, the only ones I really use are the headlights and only when is dark enough to know if they are on or off. Rain and indicator lights I don't use because they eventually stay on when not needed. This is one more thing for which TrackIR would be very helpful, because I with it I can easily glance around the cockpit to see which lights I'm using and if they are on or off.
    The alternative is to change for an exterior view to check it, or eventually have the MFD on the HUD, which I'm not going to do.

16. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Thank you for your recommendation guys

@aotto1977 : you did a great job !

aotto1977 likes this.
  17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Idk do you have H shifter with your wheel but here is how i have it hope it helps
    if u utilise the HOLD button function you can double your combinations

[​IMG]

18. aotto1977

Errrrm, yeah, "confusion" is the right term here regarding these two sentences.
    In reality it's simple and common sense: The slower car, when being approached by a faster car, uses its indicators to show the faster car to which side of the track he's gonna move and stick until the overtake is done. Watch some VLN races on the Nordschleife and see how it's done.

As a VR gamer, I definitely do have an advantage here. :cool:

@mikendrix thanks mate!

mikendrix and Arlo like this.
  19. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Thank you very much for you help
    Yes I have the H shifter but playing in VR without looking it's quite hard to reach each button on the first try.
    I could use a hold button, but thinking about it I could also use the gear shifter : left or right for each blinker (2d & 6th gear)
    Simple as that :D

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  20. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I've just shown you that it might be confusing. Just because it's obvious for you, doesn't necessarily mean it's obvious to the people you're driving with - non-professional gamers.
    I will never look at your blinkers, if they're on I assume it's by accident. I expect you to either keep your line when I'm close behind you, or move out of the way long before I'm anywhere near you, i.e. on a straight. I will pass you when I think it's safe, otherwise I'll stay behind you and wait for the next opportunity.

baakstaff and tjr like this.