1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

If only he stopped to think for 5min before writing that...

Karsten Beoulve and R. Iván like this.
  2. Lathander

Lathander Rookie

Adding scheduled racing it's not mean deleting free made server.
    You can play with you friend anytime. We just wish for adding Official Scheduled racing.

You left iRacing because of that reason then which racing game are you playing mainly then? I never have a nice racing experience with instant made server .
    If you want to play proper nice racing game which opened by several nice league. you should wait longer than iRacing.

3. come on guys, try to see the big picture.
    Sro egts is not that awesome now because the competition started when the game was not released yet.
    I'm sure that starting from next year there will be a proper championship. with swaps and all. the game is not out. just wait.

Adastros and anthony galmiche like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I think people that say without this one piece of functionality or their idea of this particular functionality, that it is all worthless and not worth their time are not true born racers. They don't love it! When I was 8 and got my first taste and I cried for years to come because I couldn't go Kart racing and thanks to sims like AC & ACC I have somewhat been able to fulfill my dream.

Eric sums up exactly what motor racing and driving on the limit is to me :cool:

17:42 to 20:03

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

You can watch a thousand and more videos on YouTube with iRacing.
    In nearly every single video you can see our hear the commentary about first corner carnage.
    From irating 0- class A 3000 and above.
    A is the highest class.
    In first split races you see carnage in first corner.
    I've seen in every single race that I've made first corner carnage.
    Scheduled server doesn't protect you from carnage and bad driving from other people.

My opinion is, the better the safety rating on the server the better the racing.
    But this doesn't protect me from first corner carnage or bad driving from other people,
    Only one guy has missed his breaking point or his girlfriend comes naked in his room and baaam carnage.

Isaacz93, Madsen, vanveen and 5 others like this.
  6. CrzBonKerz

CrzBonKerz Racer

Good point on ‘clean’ racing. It’s not scheduled races that would help that. Even watching the real Blancpain GT series, those professional drivers look like sim racing carnage sometimes.

The awesome rating system that Kunos has built, if used correctly, should be the most effective way in all of sim racing to get competitive racing.

Though, I think scheduled races do help get people online to race. There are so many zero player servers out there.. who is going to be the first one to jump on, and wait in hopes of other players joining? I know I sit there looking at the server list wishing a server would magically populate. I would bet that at that same time, there’s other people doing the same thing. Probably enough to start a new race. That’s an issue that I’m stumped on how to solve.

To use a similar gaming example that I’ve experienced lately.. there’s a WW2 game called Post Scriptum. Relatively low player count, but there are typically 2-3 full servers with ~80 people each. At the same time, there are players queued to get into those servers. Enough players to create a whole new, fully populated server. People seem to not like to joining servers with zero players in them. I know I don’t because I’m not confident that the server will fill up, and also I don’t have the time or patience to wait.

Idea.. :) I’m no developer, but could some ‘quick play’ feature be implemented? It wouldn’t have to be as complex as matchmaking skill levels, but instead by using your preferences (which is already a feature) could you be automatically connected to a server that aligns? It’s easier to click a button than be overwhelmed by a giant server list.

Though, another idea in regards to some ranked/official races. Kunos has official servers. I would like to see these resources pivoted and used for officially hosted competitive multiplayer racing events. Perhaps these would live in the special events section? Perhaps these would be scheduled events?

micki9393 and vanveen like this.
  7. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

From that same reason I would have some chatroom with players list inside the multiplayer lobby (on same level as servers list, but on other tab), where all who come into it would gather (same as in GPL, where we had Vroc app) and talk when waiting to join some server. We could easy agree which server to join. I have already talked to Kunos about it, but he didn't like it. But for me, its still the best way to get people together into one chat room.
    How else you will know whos already there and waiting to join some server?

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The idea of a public chat in lobby sounds good, in practice however it may just be a place that ends up like the pits of the internet.

If it ends up a place for spammers and such its really not going to serve much purpose. Some auto filtering would help but these guys always get around it. Its a hypothecial call by me saying it would be a mess but completly open public chat rooms rarely stay useable for very long.

Personally I dont mind joining servers first, id rather do this then run a solo hotlap session for example. Just use it for practice and especially if running dynamic conditions in the server I have some fun testing the conditions.

If others join great if not then I just get in some practice. The full open servers I dont enjoy in the slightest so wpuld rather run solo or if I desperatly wanted a decent race would run AI instead.

If I have a choice between a full unrestricted server and an empty strict entry one I will choose the empty one.

It still amazes me how many complain about driving standards and they keep joining completly open servers, often have a terrible experiance but keep doing the same thing expecting a different result until eventually they give up on mp entirely. :rolleyes:

Even if servers were to be time scheduled, 99% of people would never be first to join the list. As far as I know there will never be a 2nd person in the server before the first one enters. No server has ever filled up without someone going in when its empty.

We have no control over others choices in servers, if you do see 1 person in a cleaner server and you want a better experiance join this. If there are no clean servers populated join an empty one. You can join the busy open server but if most in there cant even complete a few laps or register a qualy time why do you even want to race there?

Numbers are down atm, so there arent that many looking for clean racing in general. Its still a niche group with the vast majority more casual and not caring about this. Dont expect miracles and massive fields with the top 24 on the leaderboards in one server.

Personally for me.racing with 6 good racers is a heck.of a lot better then 24 with the same 6 good racers mixed in amongst the moving road blocks.

9. @Mitja Bonca
    Chat room is good to have. But without 24/7 moderation it will become trash talk room very quickly. Not sure if Kunos have resources to hire more people right now to support this type of communication.

Coanda and martcerv like this.
  10. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

"If you have different tastes than me, then you are not a real <whatever>"

The cringe.

11. What about race calendar? If some servers are alive 24/7 or Kunos can manage server uptimes, they could create calendar where people will be able to sign up for a race.

Maybe even for fee. But with post-pay model. If you entered race your card will be charged.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If there was some sort of community section inside the game itself. Where people could organize events or even just in the forums then be able to set servers for set time sessions could be one option.

That way people could pre register aka the old booking mode in AC. It could be one way to get endurance races get going especially as driver swaps would be mostly useless in casual public racing.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The mechanism to sort this out is already in place - when clicking "refresh server list", Minolin's system does its thing within ~100 ms, sorting the server list in a way that the topmost servers are the ones you should join. This includes putting the servers up there where one guy is waiting for others, given that safety criteria and the personal preferences from the advanced tab also match with that server.
    So this almost empty server will be promoted to the top of the list in order to speed up population.

Unfortunately, this information is currently almost unnoticed because it just looks like a "normal server" list. That's wy I keep suggesting to highlight the most suggested servers in flashy colors.
    All it takes then is a tiny bit of discipline from the user to join a recommended server although it might mean to wait some minutes for it to populate.

If people would actually read Minolin's posts very carefully, many would see that the issues they see are already been solved...ok - they were considered and the mechanisms to solve them are in place.

surtic86, mr Switchblade and martcerv like this.
  14. I think without big buttons it will not work for most of a people. They need to make smth similar to windows metro interface(wich you can turn off if you want lol) . Big colored squares "sign up here":time:number of free places.

And also some how to manage situatios in wich user clicks Join and see "Oops sorry you cant join".

15. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

The point is, that you don't care about being the first to join the list cause if there's only 4 races to join and they start at the same time, you'll know that the server will become populated

mr Switchblade likes this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

And how do you know this? If your dream system just splits everyone even by rating then if you get 4 servers full the basic driving standards of the last server will be the same as an open wreckfest server. Even the top split really isn't guaranteed to be very high standard its just the best of the available base and no hard limits to join to split means in some cases very poor racers can join. Also the fact ACC isn't selling a service makes it fairly hard to provide the said service your looking for at no cost.

Being forced into 1 particular combo really doesn't appeal to me either, neither does being forced into racing with just anyone in order to fill servers. If the numbers were very large the system would be unsustainable as a free bonus service. If it was pretty small it would do barely anything more then now people just looking for the first full server. If you split between such a system and what we already have then you will reduce available user base even more between both.

To make such a system actually work you need a significantly large user base that actually wants this, then someone needs to pay for the infrastructure which though you guys choose to ignore is kind of a fairly big part of why such a system isn't copied in other games that don't have a network access fee. Nobody could ever provide this to an unlimited user base indefinitely and just eat up the costs. Provide a handful of servers that would always fill up would just anger all those that can never get in or are in other regions of the world where it isn't likely to even be available.

Actually thinking of this if Kunos was to just run their servers the same number as they have now, then have an open ballot to enter and only the highest rated drivers get in. This would encourage all to lift their ratings, you would get your system and it would provide the best racing. Make it just 1 server per continent and have races cycling starting on the hour. 99% of the user base wont be included the costs will be much the same as running their current servers and you get your system.

Everyone that doesn't get in will likely look for the alternative servers hosted elsewhere and do their best to keep their ratings up so they can qualify for the official servers. If you don't agree with just the 1 server per continent but unlimited on demand hosting at no cost then that's bad luck. If something like this was to actually be popular they could possibly look at expanding this system to all at a monthly cost, but keep the top split servers free to encourage all to race clean in all other servers. ;)

ignission and LeDude83 like this.
  17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Precisely that. If the "X server system" ends up with X sh*tty drivers, there can be no fair way to distribute them - safe racers will necessarily have to deal with sh*tty racers one way or the other. This completely defeats the purpose of what I'd like to see from this system. Which is: Me as a safe racer, I want to race with a group of exclusively safe racers. I want no rotten apples in there due to some mandatory split compromise the system HAS to take.

18. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I haven't said anything about clean races, just that if they are only 4 servers, all of them will be populated. I've never said that this is the best solution, calm your tits lol

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If all you want is to populate any server, in ACC the matchmaking system is probably too advanced for you.

Just open the lobby and join the first full server its what most do already, maybe you need to see just 1 server as any more makes things tricky. :eek:

My bad I assumed you guys wanted matchmaking as in matching people of similar abilities together in servers.

20. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I don't want a full grid if with 4 cars I can have close racing, but what I don't want the most is going to MP and seeing one unrestricted server full and then all the rest of the servers completely empty but restricted. Also, good point saying that the matchmaking system is too advanced for me if you don't have arguments to prove you point, always insulting is better than talking right?

mkotechno likes this.