1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS About Matchmaking feature in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by AC Support, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/about-matchmaking-feature-in-acc.57043/

Dear ACC racers -
    We have noticed some concerns over our forum post regarding a more detailed definition of the feature "matchmaking" and multiplayer.

This topic has been widely shared and discussed over various platforms, resulting in and alluding to an incorrect conclusion that Assetto Corsa Competizione will not feature any matchmaking feature and that the 1.0 version will only come with a simple server list when it comes to "how to join a multiplayer race" inside the title.

Even though ACC will release in a short time, we would like to clarify the situation in order to allow all current or future customers to be clear about this whole topic. We invite you to keep in mind the following:

- Our Dev. Blog forum post aimed to clarify that ACC will not feature any automatic scheduling of multiplayer races, and we would like to underline that nothing of the sort was ever promised during the Early Access programme.

- Assetto Corsa Competizione does feature multiplayer matchmaking. This feature is made possible thanks to a brand new Rating System (that will evolve together with the game after release in order to work even better), and it will help all players to automatically join the best match according to their skills and safety on track. Our system will first sort the servers giving the proper weight to players' preferences and rating indicators and secondly allow them to:

A) Press a Quick Join button that will automatically connect them to the theoretical best match;

B) Select their preferred server from a filtered server list on the ACC multiplayer page.

Anyone expecting an automatic scheduled racing system, featuring a calendar, a booking system and continuously updating leagues misunderstood what was stated by Kunos Simulazioni; on the other side, all reacting to this with the feeling that an automatic matchmaking function would have been missing can hopefully feel better now.

Kunos Simulazioni, as already known, will continue developing ACC even after 1.0 in order to closely look the feedback from the community and make the Competizione even better after its initial full-version launch.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    News and Announcements About Matchmaking feature in ACC May 20, 2019
    ACC User Interface Leftovers in the Matchmaking Settings Menu Jul 13, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room LFM - Daily Race Season System with real matchmaking and ranking system May 25, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer SUGGESTION - Better GT4 Matchmaking Jul 28, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestion: Guidelines or enforced rules for matchmaking Feb 16, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Suggestion: Guidelines or enforced rules for Matchmaking Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Add P/Q/R lengths to matchmaking preferences Jan 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer 1.0.6 - Matchmaking sugestions Jul 16, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Come on! Kunos! No Official Matchmaking system?! May 16, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Another MATCHMAKING thread, kinda.. May 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer After the matchmaking problem, here's my little solution May 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions When do you expect the matchmaking, damage and penalties? Mar 6, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Ovrtake | Matchmaking & Rankings Service Now Live Jul 30, 2016
    Suggestions Add matchmaking. Apr 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Will there be a Matchmaking and Punishment System?[+Poll] Mar 14, 2014

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

IMHO, absolutely perfect! Thanks a lot.

DiRTMark, R1-Limited, ears and 2 others like this.
  4. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

can't wait till 29 may, come on, 9 days more
    Hype

tbhockeyboy likes this.
  5. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

Haters will hate no worries @ Kunos :)

you did a great job with this game/SIM so far and im hyped for v1.0 :D

DiRTMark, mikendrix, Son and 4 others like this.
  6. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Ok, now Kunos adds the magic button that just selects the server on the top of the server list and pushes the connect button for you.
    Hmm...

7. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

Happy to see a post clarifying the situation. The rating system works well and including it as part of matchmaking looks like a good move.

The 29th can't come soon enough!

8. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I think this solution is good and bad.

Is good cause now, the player doesn't have to do anything, they have a big QUICK JOIN button that do all the work for them.

Is bad cause even if it works and everybody plays with people of similar skills, it doesn't prevent all the servers to be Spa/Monza in perfect conditions.

But I see it has a huge step forward, and I'm really looking forward to the multiplayer of the 1.0.

Thank you for listening, Kunos

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    mESCx and fnegroni like this.
  9. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

As long as the quick join button doesn’t connect you to a live race (as it frequently would today based on the server matchmaking!) then happy days

Wolf WolfZ, Son, Echo_29 and 5 others like this.
  10. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Sounds like a perfect system for my preference.
    Those looking for scheduled racing with a calendar (leagues) might even be pleasantly surprised one day if Stephane Ratel himself is the one who's handing out the ACC trophies... who knows what's cooking.
    I am very glad Kunos is not a league organiser and can instead focus to push out this superb content that serious and even professional organisations (SRO) can use.

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There are plenty of league organisers for scheduled racing. Biggest challenge is quality random public racing and I think the rating system when used properly should do wonders here. With only a few good drivers the racing is awesome already

nkohout, Rolz, Gunja and 7 others like this.
  12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I don’t know if it’s necessary to reinforce this, but I think I’m reading it correctly and the quick join button will work like this (if not please disregard):
    1. the player sort the servers according to his preferences (advanced tab of multiplayer)
    2. servers are ordered according to the player preferences
    3. selecting the servers where to race:
    a) Quick Join button and ACC automatically select the best server, according to the player preferences.
    b) or the player selects the server from the server list presented, according to the player preferences choices.

I don’t know what will be all the preferences available to chose from the advanced tab but track surely is one and, probably, the race session, therefore if Monza/Spa are tracks that are out of my preferences the quick join will probably won’t select a server with those tracks but one of the others I rather join in; and, considering there may also be possible to select the preferred session the server is running, if I select servers in FP or Q, the quick join will put me in a server with one of those sessions running.

Otherwise, if I don’t have any preferences whatsoever, ACC will still have to select a server to where I’ll be put when clicking quick join, although that means it can be any server and any session running (determine only by rating and, probably, latency).

So, for it to work as intended, it will be a good idea if the player have, at least, some preferences selected so ACC can automatically search the servers accordingly and select the one where the player will be put by the quick join system.

13. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Even if the player doesn't have any preference, it still have some ratings, son the system should pick a server that matches that ratings

Arlo likes this.
  14. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Well, I've asked for scheduled races, (even if I had to pay for them), and I still want them, don't get me wrong, BUT:

1.- one of the biggest concerns I had was that people with good SA, RC..... were just joining unrestricted servers because they didn't want to be the first ones in a new server.

This (if everyone, or most of the people uses it) should fix this problem, because even if the server puts you in an empty server, the next people similar to you that presses the button, will be sent with you. so this should fix the problem of people being alone in the servers.

2.- You don't know what server you will sent in, so this gives the online a randomnes that I really like (something that can't be achieved with scheduled races, so a point here for kunos), I think there will be people joing and thinking "ughhh hungaroring" and leaving, I think there should be something that addressed this.

On the negative point of this...is that I guess that a big % of servers will be Spa and monza on a sunny day, so the chances of ending in a server like this will be quite big. let's hope kunos tends to send people to different tracks each X hours, days or weeks.

3.- the ratings are fabulous (noone can deny that), so I guess that this should more or less guarantee racing with people of your same level.

So.... so far I think this is pretty positive, let's wait to see how it works, I just fear the constant repetition of the same circuits, and weather conditions. I also hope there is something that encourages people to press the button and be matched with people of similar skill to make it work as good as possible.

warth0g, Chriss and PiretSS2000 like this.
  15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

well, the "advanced" tab allows to set up tracks (so if you don't want Monza, just set Monza to zero), n° players, competitive, clean (and other that i don't remember now)
    So, if i've understand, and if the system works well, you can select servers by any kind of preferences and/or ratings.

@Minolin
    Am i right?

16. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

Is there any kind of filtering done for servers that are running only practice sessions vs full weekends (or multi-hour practice into very short quali/races)? If someone were to hit this button, is there a risk they could be thrown into a practice server instead of a "race weekend" style server?

17. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Any chance we can opt-out from the rating system during singleplayer and online gameplay, or sort servers after name and players like with a normal server browser and not having to worry about the broken filter weights?

18. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

I'll tell you how the one klick join button will work.
    Player A joins the server.
    Oh no Misano, I hate this track.
    Player A left the game.

Player B joins the server, oh no, not again Misano, player B left the server.

Player C joins the server, what one hour race length? Wtf!
    Player C left the server.

Player D joins the server......
    Player X,Y and Z joins the server, 10 seconds in qualify left.
    Oh no,I don't wanna race without quali, the kidz will kill me in first corner.
    Player x, y, and z left the server.

But hey now we have this one klick join button!

19. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

It is true that it is pretty likely that this will happen....I am worried about this too....and in the end all of these people, when they see that the button doesn't send them to SPA, they will just use the server list as it is now.

Pilantra and chksix like this.
  20. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Cant wait to see all the reviews change and all the youtubers creating videos a out the quick join button.. (really doubt it but hope i am wrong)

Arlo and chksix like this.
  21. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I dont think it has to happen, is much better to have a button that do all the work, not like only a server list. I think we should wait and see

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.