1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ability to “friend” people inside the game?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ChivasRx, May 20, 2019.

1. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

I’m thrilled to say that I’ve been having some fantastic races with some really solid people. A lot of clean racers that have been such a pleasure to race against. I think it would be great to be able to friend them inside ACC. Is this something that has been considered and possibly implemented into the game in the near future? I’d really like to see this. Currently, I have to message in game “I’m ChivasRx on Steam, friend me.” It’s more difficult and less effective than it should be.

aotto1977, Wolf WolfZ, Hagen and 21 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Stability Control / Assists Aug 18, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Questionable ACC Server Reliability Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Causing System Restart in the Menus [HW instability] Apr 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lost the ability to remove all HUD since 1.8.7. PS5 Dec 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions stability program Dec 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error occurs at any time during the race [multiple failure points - system instability] Oct 8, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash [multiple failure points - system instability] Oct 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting New PC - ACC crashes [general HW instability] Aug 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error [multiple failure points - system instability] Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashes ALWAYS in VR [system instability] Jun 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal Error - Game won't start [system instability] Apr 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC fatal Error [system instability] Mar 2, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error after 40 minutes online race (during pit stop) [system instability] Jan 26, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.8.10]UE4-AC2 crash - several game crashes & "instant" reboot [general system instability] Jan 22, 2022
    ACC Physics power loss on some servers [Stability Control enabled by user] Dec 30, 2021

3. YobSoddoth

YobSoddoth Rookie

That'd be cool. Maybe in the player profile some contact info can be added and be visible in leaderboards/end of race results table or such.

david m and Sexton Hardcastle like this.
  4. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Minolin please this is needed.

and steam has some other cool features
    also adding options to see people in sessions or in race for example. So people know why you are not replying haha or so they dont message you milion times to distract you.

Clicking on friends name right click and option to join server over them automatically.

In tab recent sessions to see all the players you recentlly played with so you can friend them if you had nice chat etc.

Will share some screenshots explaining what i mean with some of these :)

david m, Son and PiretSS2000 like this.
  6. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

Absolutely agree on that.
    Every time I am experiencing respectful side by side racing through several corners I do miss such a feature!

david m likes this.
  7. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

This should be the minimum imo. Would be great to right click on a driver name in a session and friend them, or something similar, but the recent player list would work too.

david m likes this.
  8. david m

david m Racer

+1
    yes, this will be a very great addition to the online system. not sure if it's possible actually

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

There's a combination of things I'd like to see, in addition to a friends list (which could be realised through Steam integration I suppose?) -- public driver profiles, saved result history, ability to bookmark/follow servers/drivers, the ability to create teams (which Kunos did mention as being considered) as well as a scheduler where people can plan and share events/participation/etc.. With that in place you could always check back on who drove in a previous race, follow drivers and get notified of an upcoming event or when someone is racing online. That way you don't need to be 'friends' but could still be in contact for specific races for example.

fnegroni, PiretSS2000 and david m like this.
  10. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

This is 100% agreed for not just adding friends, but reporting dirty drivers. Allows users to find a drivers Steam and properly warn others about them.

I also agree that a "join" button on Steam is needed badly.

PiretSS2000, david m and fnegroni like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

A decent driver profile would be great (being able to check your profile/progress times on a website as well as in game would be cool too, but I suppose we're back into managed servers there, the data has to be managed somewhere.. The problem I have is during a race I'm not paying attention to names (I turn off names) and at the moment I don't have an easy way of finding out who I was racing (the lack of replays at the). So anything that can make that kind of stuff more straight forward would be welcome.

david m and Son like this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Hence the idea of a result history, so you can always check back on any race you entered, bookmark your favourites and see who you raced with.

Not related to friends/contacts but I'd even go further with the results history and make all sorts of data available to see after the race just like real series do (well... except Blancpain GT doesn't make it public sadly, nevertheless competitors (so in our case that'd be players) get this data). Lap charts, leader sequence, pit stop analysis, weather report plots, notice board with each race director decision listed, etc.
    See:
    http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/
    http://imsa.alkamelsystems.com/
    http://elms.alkamelsystems.com/
    http://lemanscup.alkamelsystems.com/

The basis for all this is there.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    fnegroni likes this.
  13. Chivas.. just friended you in steam. Keithbriscoe99. You're in the US? Me too.

14. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Here is some steam features i was talking about... So SHIFT + TAB opening in game this menu (looks different because i am using different steam skin)
    and while in game and on server you can choose that option VIEW PLAYERS (witch opens that big window in middle) and lists you down all the players you played with and easy add to friends option is there.

As for that other feature you can see on current firends list people playing other games etc... and CS GO has it and Insurgency has it enabled. So it basically shows you what are you doing in game atm.. So it could show up Hotlap event, Practice session, Race (time left, position out of? ) , Qualis (time left, what position? ) idk how in depth this menu can go but some cool features right there. and this also brings me to my old post also bellow

[​IMG]

QOL UI improvements

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-on-server-browser-and-ui.55759/#post-1034075

uelas_77, Radfahrer, Atak_Kat and 7 others like this.
  15. Sascha Henken

Sascha Henken Rookie

I think as you can setup the multiplayer matchmaking to your liking, there is also a "friend" option. It appears that ACC is using your Steam Friendlist and checks whether or not other friends have ACC and if they are online when you are and you search for a MP race, it´s highly likely the browser will fetch servers where your friends might be logged in. On the other hand yes it would be a nice feature to have a "add friend" within the game as well as a separate ingame friendlist :)

fnegroni likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I too would also like to see the functionality to add friends and handled within acc. There are two small issues I see at the moment. The names on the driver tags do not align with their name listed on the timetables. There is an issue thread regarding this however I can not seem to find it at the moment. I am sure it will be rectified by the devs. Regarding the steam option, people change their names in steam all the time so it's confusing at times and it consumes time and chat to work it all out which can be tricky for short quick turn over races or if the user has exited the server and then you have to go through the whole add & accept process on steam which some users do not want to do. If your someone like me I prefer to keep my steam friends list to a minimal.

17. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Yup, in Las Vegas. I’m on just about every night about 4:30pm pdt. Just got a server and will be looking to do at least a Friday night race after release. I’ll be posting about it soon looking for clean drivers. Server has 16 slots. Server name is Vegas Clean Racers.

18. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

19. Bumping that happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...

D.Jankovic and kiril_r like this.
  20. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I’m in Austin, TX and on the lookout for US servers so I might swing by too