1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

R.I.P. Niki Lauda

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by renato63, May 21, 2019.

1. renato63

renato63 Racer

Another great driver has left us, I am very sad :(
    upload_2019-5-21_9-8-33.jpeg

chksix, SimGuy_1, Thaar and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Track grip settings Mar 4, 2024
    ACC Physics Maserati MC20 GT2 loss of (rear) grip Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Objects not rendering when triple mode enabled Dec 30, 2023
    Chit Chat Room How do I adjust tire [tyre] grip? Nov 5, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple monitor Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Tyre grip falls off a cliff May 1, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Green Grip Level Apr 21, 2023
    Screens & Videos Triple monitor Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions 4070 ti for Triple 1440p monitors? Apr 12, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC Controls & Peripherals inverted input Mar 11, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Pimax 5K+ prescription lenses help... Jan 27, 2023

3. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

What a pity, my thoughts to his family and loved ones

4. Arlo

Arlo Racer

Rest in peace Legend

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

:( What a bloody Legend and an inspiration. A no nonsense straight shooter that went to hell & back and came out on top :cool: RIP

f_deutsch, Ace Pumpkin and dek like this.
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

Sh**.

Rest in peace, genius and champion!:(

7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Sad news in F1 world recent days first Charlie Whiting now Niki Lauda :(

8. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Eternal, this guy will always be eternal. One of the best racing films I've seen is Rush https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979320/ about Lauda and Hunt. The raining scenes were terrifying. These guys knew they could die on track, but they continued doing it anyways. They should amend Collins dictionary so "brave" becomes a synonymous of Lauda.

Lauda
    1. adjective
    Someone who is willing to do things which are dangerous, and does not show fear in difficult or dangerous situations.

Synonyms: brave, courageous, daring, bold, heroic More Synonyms of Lauda

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    its.me and D.Jankovic like this.
  9. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Bye bye Niki .
    One of the few humans in the world that needed a flatbed truck in front of him to carry his balls .
    Thanks for having you and doing it your way, it was a pleasure watching and getting inspired .

May you rest in peace and have no more mechanical issues, wherever you pull your laptimes now, Niki .
    Good bye .

motowntom, LeiF and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. ralf.sfb

ralf.sfb Rookie

R.I.P. Niki, you were one of the best!

11. ralf.sfb

ralf.sfb Rookie

R.I.P. Niki, you were one of the best!

12. tw1st

tw1st Racer

R.I.P Niki! Forever a legend!

13. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Servus Niki, wirst uns abgehen!

elchshooter and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Race In Peace Niki!

eRacer212 likes this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

A sad day one of the greats has passed.
    Farewell Niki!

16. its.me

its.me Racer

R.I.P Niki. Will never forget your way of racing and living. I saw your awful crash on green hell live in TV 1976. You came back from it stronger than before!

17. Psit

Psit Alien

18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

RIP. Tough guy.

Everyone on AC forum has probably seen, but Rush is great movie based on Niki Lauda's life and his rivalry/friendship with James Hunt. Although it's not 100% accurate, but Lauda said he liked the movie. He said "I wish James Hunt could have seen Rush"

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

In honor of Niki I will drive his car tonight in AC:(