1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #129 – Sixth element is seventh heaven

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, May 19, 2019.

1. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Improved - 1:33.413
    [​IMG]

LXM323, StyleF1re, LeiF and 7 others like this.
  2. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.33.891 - X1X

[​IMG]

3. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Rest In Peace Nicki Lauda! Ride in Paradise Champ. We will miss you.

StyleF1re, LeiF, Biner and 6 others like this.
  4. Absolutely agree, it's fabulously fast and (on the trofeos) it will not understeer. At all.
    In fact, I don't think any road(ish) car in the game grips like this. In braking especially, you can feel the tyres "clawing the the tarmac," which is a bit of a cliche, but very apt here.
    Just out of interest, I did several laps in the Pagani from WHC127, also using the Trofeos. It doesn't generate anything like the grip, I'm about 3 secs a lap faster in the Lambo Sixth Heaven or IMO, the Settantanove ele-mental.
    The reason why it feels so good? Colin C. was right, it might be something to do with only weighing 999kg.

Stig was presented as a "purist" and as often mentioned in the series, he always drove with all driver aids (save ABS) OFF.
    I notice they didn't mention it here, but watching the vid, I suspect TCS was off - look at the outside left tyre spinning up through the fast left-hander towards the end of the lap.

5. Very well said.
    I met him and we had a two minute chat at Spa in 2009. Being someone that had just bounced up to him, (probably/actually, like a bit of a twit,) he was very gracious and kind but one got the sense that he really didn't suffer fools.
    Today has felt very flat, we've lost a huge character and someone (the last?) who spoke his mind and just told the truth.
    Niki Lauda - What a racer, what a man, what a complete hero. Our deepest respect. R.I.P.

LXM323, StyleF1re, Biner and 6 others like this.
  6. DonZmeuheu

Very well said too @Totall Wrytoff ....I'm sure he is already Racing his first Race Today in Formula Heaven:) Against his friend an Rival the Great James Hunt. Need to watch the Movie Rush in the Next few days when I have time.

7. Just a quick point regarding the "Hollywood" version of the story - it is of course not true, it completely misrepresents the real story!
    Here is an excerpt from the excellent writer Andrew Benson's obituary, with the link to the full article below. Well worth a read.
    "Their battle has been turned into a Hollywood film, but it misrepresented them as enemies - in fact, Lauda and Hunt were close friends. So much so they had next-door rooms that weekend in Japan and, on race morning, with Hunt in bed with a girlfriend, Lauda goose-stepped into the room and barked out: "Today, I vin the Vorld Championship." "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/46781936

8. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-5-21_22-59-42.png
    I was behind my ghost most of the lap, 5/10ths gained from turn 10 the the finish, the slower hairpin corners section.

What is everyone strategy for turn one? The line I tried above didn't work!
    I've tried lift-off, turn-in, pause, nail it. I've tried turning in, touch of late trail brake, then nail it and I've tried a touch of early brakes, line up and nail it. All are very hairy!
    Thanks for the excellent vid Pretend racer - it shows some sort of un-matchable juggling with throttle and brake:D, a variation on the second option above, possibly.

34s and unthinkable 33s will require a very strong brave pill and a leap of faith.:)

StyleF1re, LeiF, Biner and 5 others like this.
  9. DonZmeuheu

Yes you are absolutely right, but of course I know that about the movie;) nevertheless its a great Movie. But when Hollywood do a film its always like that

10. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

I just had my first minute to read the thread and much to say. You are the first persons that I "see" today that understand what I felt this morning about Nicki Lauda. Great story Totall Wrytoff and kind of jalous.. great time too. I knew Sunday night that turn 1 will be key.. It looks like my week will be as today but I'll try some. Crazy times.

11. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 1.32.977 Pretend racer PC
    2- 1.33.413 F1415182235 XB1
    3- 1.33.891 Lewisxbone XB1
    4- 1.35.011 Total Wrytoff PS4
    5- 1.37.128 DonZmeuheu PC
    6- 1.39.836 Laughing Gravy PS4
    7- 1.39.916 DriverModFTW XB1
    8- 1.41.689 Emmanuel Tubbiolo XB1

12. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

I just abused the ABS entering the corners.

13. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

1:38.883
    PC

IMG_0226.jpg

First laps....a few days late and quite a few dollars short by the looks of it! I shall be a bit faster once I stop trying to downshift in the middle of the tight lefties!

14. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Well I was totally prepared to hate this car, but I have just done two laps and I don't hate it yet, probably because I didn't yet push it. Normally end up hating Lambo's, not usually compatible with my style ;)

Changed to Trofeo, turned off TC, all default so far.

Did a 38 first lap and then a high 36 second lap and promptly went off T1 at start of third lap :)

No point in posting that time yet, hang on I'll just have another go...

OK, still same setup, outlap and two flying laps;

1.36.085 Leif PC

upload_2019-5-22_19-58-31.png

Now to even out the PSI and lower the fuel...

ahh, now we are getting somewhere, the universe returns to balance: I have begun to dislike the car, it is very Lamborghiniesque, perfect!

That will do for now then no point pushing it, will only get worse :p
    7 laps total, plus 1 aborted lap due to overshooting corner whilst daydreaming :)

Improvement
    1.34.417 Leif PC

upload_2019-5-22_20-12-54.png

15. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Xbox

Had to have a late go at. In trouble now

Attached Files:

16. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1:37.570

IMG_0227.jpg

2nd go and found 1.3 seconds playing with alignment and just starting to learn to throw it around a weeeeee bit. I tend to be conservative so always braking a bit too soon, slowing down a bit too much for corners....@LeiF....maybe I should use my rig cupholder for some hotlap elixir perhaps??? :rolleyes:

17. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

1.37.721 / PS4

Assetto Corsa_86.jpg

Hard to believe I went almost a month without playing Assetto. Smoothness is the name of the game with braking and turn-in here!

18. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1:36.193 IMG_0245.jpg

Good progress with 1.5 sec improvement. As a charter member of the slow learners' society, this is quite motivating even though I remain miles away from the fast guys. Progress is attributed to 1/3rd setup (mid -ve camber front and back now), 2/3rd learning to drive this spaceship. You do have to be quite aggressive in a refined way. Learning how to handle the left/right combo after the hairpin is critical to success because no matter how well you do before that, you can lose it all right there...some fancy dancing with the brake/throttle work to keep the rear end where it is supposed to be. I love that first turn off the main straight...reminds me of Silverstone GP.

19. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Hey what a way to put a smile on a face! Love this!!
    Real ChaosChris on x1 posting 1.38.804
    Dunno why track grip only 98 but ain’t losing sleep over it. I ain’t gonna challenge the 1.32 ‘s but might squeeze a touch more out .
    Such fun to drive though drifting though the last corner!! Thanks top challenge.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 1.32.977 Pretend racer PC
    2- 1.33.413 F1415182235 XB1
    3- 1.33.891 Lewisxbone XB1
    4- 1.34.417 LeiF PC
    5- 1.35.011 Total Wrytoff PS4
    6- 1.36.193 Biner PC
    7- 1.37.128 DonZmeuheu PC
    8- 1.37.721 StyleF1re PS4