1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yeah, i think that that's the point.
    Fast or slow, gain SA on single player is only a matter of time, cause the IA do the most of the job.
    So 15mins or 1 week, but plaing on single player you will raise you SA almost 100% for sure if the player isn't a total noob.

Do this online is a whole different story, because, again the player hasn't the same guarantee to incrase. Almost the opposite.

Obviously, nothing drastic can be done to avoid this. Humans and AI are different an bla bla bla.
    But imho could be """""right"""" to apply a coefficient/factor when we play on singleplayer just to slow the SA climbing.
    In this way, the mote time to gain SA can compensates the ease to gain it.

XettMan likes this.
  2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Doesn't that mean that you're a "too mediocre" driver, at least in such a session ;-)
    Once the userbase grows, the system should find better matches for you and suggest a server where the drivers are much more on par with you. Closer battles and faster SA gain should be the result.

This SA grinding in SP and then "spending" the points within some minutes ruining a safe MP race will IMO not attract trolls. I said it before somewhere: trolls seek an easy way to p*ss people off. Even spending only 15 minutes in a SP race to be able to ruin safe races will scare them away. So they'd most likely spend their time on low SA restricted servers - which the safe drivers will avoid.

I don't see an issue here. Should an issue arise after 1.0, I'm sure Minolin can do something about it by some fine tuning.

XettMan likes this.
  3. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

In my opinion if people are running offline/SP to 'grind' SA from the 60's to 70 then that should be encouraged, not discouraged.

Anyone who can't get to 80+ in public lobbies could benefit from some SP driving to practice avoiding contact, and even 'grinding' in the manner described will help them get better at that.

My suggestion, if anything, would be to make earning SA offline slow down dramatically after a certain point like 75+, so that an 80+ rating server mostly becomes a place where you know that everyone at least has some online non-AI racing experience.

(Of course, I'm basing these numbers on the 0.7 SA rating system, and the relative ease it is to get into the high numbers if people actually try to avoid all contact, as they should. The numbers may well change after 1.0)

4. so another possible solution is to take into account your current SA

5. you are right

6. david m

david m Racer

totally agree with you.
    perhaps in some way what Minolin say in his last post here is something like your idea... will be a fantastic solution that in SP you can grow up your SA until a XX number, but after this XX number for grow up your SA you need to demonstrate in MP. Then depends of this numbers ,the servers with SA minium of XX will be a very very good place

Really nice work of Minolin and all this team of Kunos,congratulations.

jc1993 and Salvatore Amato like this.
  7. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

What we can say is that SA works.
    I am now driving at an almost unrated server (SA15) and there was no T1 carnage wrecking. At Monza(!).
    So rating has influence to driver's behaviour in the right direction.

LeDude83 and Salvatore Amato like this.
  8. what is important is that after you pass 80, it will never fall down to 69 again.
    I made the mistake to run in open servers. my SA was 84 two weeks ago, then 69.
    now I'm struggling to come back to 75.
    Let's say that SA zones 0-10,60-70, 70-80 would be good.

9. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

the main probleeme is to be in game with people having a similar pace to your , not the SA , no ?

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  10. so 0 to 50 ok in SP. Then there should be these tens zones to be achieved in my opinion.

11. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Both is very important.
    RC to be able to fight, SA to survive fight.

david m likes this.
  12. no. everything is important. I think the total score will be the Core of matching.

david m likes this.
  13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Good stuff, but please keep one in mind: There will never be such an easy tipping point, where we could put the reasonably achievable SA value a few points before.
    No matter what we do and how values shape out, there will be a crossover zone between what you can easily do in SP, and where MP is become "exclusive". If we increase/decrease the SP target value, the MP one will follow.

And it is good that way. Even if it may not be obvious, we *want* as many as possible in MP - at reasonable conditions. It has to be possible to move up in SP, skipping the tougher part of "leveling up" in lower SA brakets in MP. At the moment we are more or less in a comfortable situation, with a huge ratio of hardcore simracers / entry level. That will change soon. I'm afraid we have to observe how the situation is; I'm still convinced that SA is only easy if you are good in the first place, and we will face many "how to get SA up?" reports past 1.0. I will look at this very closely, and be quick with adjustments. We shouldn't forget that 95% of the whole rating's job is to ensure some QoL in MP - this becomes immediately forgotten once we don't face the worst situations for a few days, and other topics arise ;)

14. splendid can't wait for cp rating

15. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

QoL?

XettMan likes this.
  16. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I think the main issue I have now (apart from the uncertainty as to when you can get a race in an SA rated server) is that SA is very correlated with pace. The high SA servers typically contain people much faster than me (the "PRO" license plate is usually giveaway) and races are boring. So some PC or RC matching would be nice for that. But I don't really see that working with current no players + server browser. A weight for pace matching would be good ultimately rather than servers imposing RC restrictions maybe.

This people grinding SA in offline mode is not a problem at all in my view I don't even know why we are discussing this, SA works fine.

17. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Is not correlated to pace, I had 86 SA and I'm normally 3-5 seconds of the fastest guy in most MP lobbies

18. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Correlated means "generally true, not always". Only Minolin knows I think from his data :)

19. you can win among proam or am. those are different standings. perhaps you won more races then anyone here in proam class!

20. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin
    I don't want to disappoint you, but I do not see that at the end of ea there will be significant more (new) drivers.
    ACC is a niche title. I think almost everybody who hadt interrest in this serious concept of simracing already bought his copy.
    The more casual gamers maybe will not buy this title at all.(Only 10 tracks, only 1 class, no rewind button, too restrictive rules and punishment etc.)
    But we will see what happens after release.