1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Help for hardware - after the final release!

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by trutya, May 22, 2019.

1. trutya

trutya Simracer

Hi guys,
    i'd like to build a new PC, and as i do so i'd like to use the maximum capacity of ACC, regarding AI cars and general performance... i'd like to do full grid races. So, i'd like to ask for some help, if anybody knows about the maximum amount of AI cars and what kind of CPU can handle that?
    i'm playing on a single monitor, 1960x1080 at the moment, i don't plan to buy triple screen or VR in the near future (like 5 years).
    i'd like to use my current graphics card which is a GTX 1070 at the moment, but as far as i know the amount of AI opponents is mostly CPU-dependant (as i can set the number of visible cars). my personal maximum is 29 cars at the moment but i have some freezes sometimes even on dry track (i have i5-4440, so not very strong), but as i read some people are able to play against 40-50 opponents.

can we expect some quide for hardware requirements? to be able to play the full grid races in career mode.
    i know these numbers will be known maybe just after the final release, but it's just one week now. so maybe it's a bit irrevelant right now but it can be alive very soon.
    if any similar topic already exists, sorry about it

maybe other guys can ask and benefit too from this topic, if they want to do some hardware upgrades.

so, in advance i'm thinking about Ryzen 7 2700 or something similar. what do you think, will it be able to handle the final game?

thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It depends on the hardware Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 necessary Hardware Oct 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Help for a beginner sim set up (hardware) Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error [potential CPU/RAM OC complication or RAM hardware issue] May 15, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions New hardware; low FPS..? Sep 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Considering better and better hardware, is more AI possible? Aug 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE Crash after last update [OC/hardware memory timing] Jul 20, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Issue with "Hardware Lock" Jun 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Server Hardware Requirements May 3, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Hardware Spec Apr 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 FFB Disappearing [Hardware Issue] Feb 9, 2020

3. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

My Ryzen 1600 can handle 29 opponents just fine (no FPS dips, just GPU limited behavior), so a Ryzen 2700 will do even better.

4. Turk

Turk Alien

I thought there was a maximum of 30 cars?

5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

If you want my honest opinion this is the worst time to update your PC.
    If you do this solely for playing ACC just wait 6 months after the release.
    I am pretty sure the game will receive patches to improve performance.

bgil66, trutya and Turk like this.
  6. trutya

trutya Simracer

well reading the forum i had the feeling some people were playing against 40 opponents or so. but i'm not sure now :D

@Ciccina2016 well... true, maybe it's worth to do it after the summer update... we'll see. still would like to know about recommended hardware requirements...

7. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

embrace the multiplayer... get frustrated by rammers.. :D

8. Turk

Turk Alien

Your graphics card is fine for a single screen, it's the same as mine and it's perfectly able to run most games at high settings, my problem is it's well able to run most VR games, just not ACC at anything over minimum. I don't know enough about CPUs to know what's sufficient. There are plenty of very knowledgeable people here though, I'm sure one will be along with some proper advice.

9. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

The officially recommended AMD CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600x, so you might be in a great position as it's successor is about to be announced and existing stock will be discounted. Keep an eye on all the usual retailers as you might be able to pick up a 2600x for a great price. Pair it with a B450 board and your 1070 and you should have decent frames for 1080p gaming.

This thread is also useful as players have uploaded results when benchmarking ACC - https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-acc-cpu-benchmark-thread.53720/

trutya likes this.
  10. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

just out of curiosity thought I would run the max ai I could set highest seems to be on zolder 33 I started last so in 34th ran a benchmark through MSI Afterburner over 3 Laps 40 ai set to be rendered

ill post images and result below this was in clear conditions @ 2560x1440 on a GTX 1070 and i7 8700 non K, PC in Sig it is an HP omen 880 desktop only thing I changed was the CPU cooler to a Cooler Master 212 hyper black edition.

MSI Afterburner benchmark result

22-05-2019, 18:46:57 AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe benchmark completed, 22354 frames rendered in 312.718 s
    Average framerate : 71.4 FPS
    Minimum framerate : 53.9 FPS
    Maximum framerate : 79.3 FPS

Images below Graphic settings / msi Snap usage etc / game settings

advamced settings.jpg msi snap.jpg race setup.jpg video settings.jpg

trutya likes this.
  11. junneh

junneh Gamer

first: Hold off for abit, ryzen gen 3 is launching soon (1-2 months..). There is talk of big gains

On my ryzen 2600 (oc to 4.1ghz) ACC is fine, just my gpu limitig it (1080ti on 4k is still good for mostly high settings tho, not bad!)

Before I had a i5 7600k, (4.7ghz) and this ryzen 2600 certainly does better, besides the lower single core clock speed.

trutya likes this.
  12. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

I just updated my PC, Asus X470 Prime, AMD Ryzen 1700x, Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD - CT500P1SSD8, G.SKILL Flare X (for AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GFX

My setup is as follows
    The Above
    Primary Drive = Crucial p1
    Secondary Data Drive = 1 TB Seagate (Soon to be a NVMe)
    Video card = MSI RX 570 Armor MK2 8g OC

Runs like a bat out of hell, gives me room to upgrade video and CPU later on maybe in a year when things get cheaper. If my 570 is pumping out solid FPS your 1070 will be no issue. Just get a Motherboard you can hold on for a few years with ability to update CPUs
    and get a SOLID COOLER on that CPU

trutya likes this.
  13. trutya

trutya Simracer

yeah, after a little talk, i decide to skip it until semtepmber, when (probably) i know more about next-gen CPUs and which MB they need. and also hopefully we'll have the ACC update until that.

anyway, thanks for answers!

14. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

The 1070 on single screen is fine up to 1440p. In 4K it would struggle a bit though.

With hindsight I would now only ever buy the top end gpu I can afford. CPU is slightly different as I think top end cpus are a bit more overpriced but unfortunately Nvidia also decided to just push the gpu prices into the stratosphere...

R1-Limited likes this.
  15. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

Remember you can build a good Ryzen system at the moment to keep you going and just drop in a Zen 2 CPU at a later date as most X470/B450 motherboards should support them (check first obviously).

That's my plan anyway...:)

trutya likes this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Your GPU will work, well. In "freak scenarios" with crazy high GPU demand (15+ cars passing the Misano pit lane at 0:00 in a storm is the worst I could find so far), pretty much any GPU will bog down. Mine goes to ~35 FPS for a couple of seconds here and quickly recovers back to values way above the FreeSync range of my monitor (42 Hz). This is a proper GPU bottleneck scenario.
    My hopes are high that we'll be able to use the "dynamic resolution". It's been introduced for PCs in one of the recent UE4 releases but ACC currently is using an older version. It will automatically reduce the resolution in real time and keep your FPS up in those 0.1 % "freak scenarios".

CPU will need an upgrade. Sadly, The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread is desolated. The last results have an i5 8400 on the top of the ranking! ;-) Jokes aside, I've been spending a lot of time investigating the impact of RAM capacity, RAM speed and CPU speed in ACC. In a nutshell:

- Aim for very high RAM speeds and consider RAM OC. My previous 7600 k and now my 8700 run perfectly stable with 3600 MHz, although the maximum spec sheet rate is a lot lower.
    - You don't need 16 GB of RAM for ACC on a 2D screen - I have found out that 8 GB is plenty enough, even if you have other programs in the background.
    - My current "feeling" is that the amount of physical cores is very important. On my 8700, the 6 physical cores are being loaded from 50 % to 70 %, the 6 hyperthreads only between 15 % and 25 %.
    - Current 6 (physical) core Intels (i5 or i7) are reported to run high AI grids w/o any microstutter or CPU warnings. I can perfectly run 29 AI (current maximum) without microstutter or the warning message.
    - IMO, don't bother spending the extra money for the Intel "K" versions - the ones you can overclock, easily. The 8700 non-k I have clocks up to 4.3 by itself and that's enough. I once clocked my i5 7600k from 4.2 to 4.5 GHz and there was zero performance difference.
    - I have no experience with AMD CPUs. I want to like them but Intel CPUs are just damn good. They perform well and AFAIK have significantly lower power consumption.

My personal recommendation would actually be the CPU I just bought - the 8700 (WOF version, of course) with a Z chipset mainboard and 8 GB of 3600 MHz RAM. I'm really very happy with it - smooth performance, low temperatures, huge AI grids possible.

Have fun upgrading
    Cheers

trutya likes this.
  17. trutya

trutya Simracer

thank you guys for the answers.
    i've been talking to others too. i got info that no need for 12 cores. so i'm thinking about to buy a Ryzen 5 3600X, if the price will be around that 229 euro as here. i want to keep my old PC aswell, putting back the old video card - it will be good for work or anything else. so i will build a new PC from zero expect for the video card.
    i'm wondering about the fitting motherboard to these new gen CPUs, but i expect it should be good for a couple of years and i can upgrade the GPU later if i want.
    or if the price will be high i can still buy the current version of Ryzen 5 or rather 7, which would be available for lower price as now (as some people expect that, i'm not an expert in it at all...)

what do you think, does it sound like a working plan? that's why i'm hoping we'll have some info about hardware requirements after the final release and probably some hints too.

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don't expect any big surprises regarding the HW requirements. Everything you need to know, you already know IMO. Just buy something good now- it's as simple as that. Don't go cheap on any component. Buy decent stuff, you know it'll make you smile for a long time.
    I dunno about AMD CPUs but I think they're good. Somebody here will advice you.

trutya likes this.