1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS About Matchmaking feature in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by AC Support, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Ideally it would be good if we could set filters to max latency and also min SA level. Seeing a list of servers mostly 350+ ping and 98% with no server restrictions neither which I have any interest in joining cluttering our server list. If the single button would also suggest these its pretty much useless even though I wouod rather choose where I will race.

Hope servers max ping limit will also be included in v1 or some point soon after this. The US based servers we see with pings of 220+ ms are in a very different time zone to us so really no reason for people from our part of the world to be put into those servers with others from here when a local server would be a much better choice especially if it doesnt have any local users already in the server.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is what its like racing 2 Aussies in a euro server. Really not what I would say is ideal or even decent when you see @Rolz car ahead in the Lambo. Pings in lobby were 400 but probably ingame was about 350 as lobby seems to show 50ms higher then actual pings.

For those in europe this clearly isnt as big an issue but also why we dont want them in our servers if we chose to set a max ping limit.

Guidofoc and alex bonner like this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I agree. Using the quick join button is the best thing the users can do. Of course it comes with the chance of running no a track they don't like. That's the price you gotta pay for clean racing on your level and well populated servers.

The 2nd big point of criticism, the iRacing/SRS style system was indeed never advertised or implied. People assumed that but that's just too bad for them.

It almost appears silly to have to defend how this is - of course - a valid realization of "matchmaking", custom-tailored to a non-subscription, small playerbase genre. And I won't defend it - if people still think this isn't matchmaking, so be it and I don't mind. It won't make any difference if people run around trying to keep this drama alive.

IMO making the pick-up racing clean was the biggest challenge of them all, much bigger than running scheduled races. It's a shame how all of the unfair criticism has outweighed the compliments Minolin and Kunos deserve for this great and IMO first-time achievement.

The implementation is a superb compromise IMO. Some folks still seem to enjoy the "challenge" to come up with theoretical flaws of the system w/o having tried it. But the advanced options show that Minolin has has considered pretty much everything, although some aspects might not be working as intended, yet.

As for the scheduled races: I have no doubt that SRS will fill in the gaps, just like they did in AC.

Son likes this.
  4. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

I don't really know how to answer as I don't want to start any argument, everything that needed to be said, has be said already.

I just mean that I am one of the people that asked for scheduled races, (and I still would like to have them, just my opinion), but now I think that this method MIGHT work, and that the wisest thing to do is wait and see how it develops, as I see some pros and cons to the system. (stated in the rest of the message)

I am already in a group that makes leagues, tournaments...etc...

Again, I am not here for any argument, I think I have been totally respectfull and giving my arguments in both posts, if someone was offended, well, it was not my intention and I apologise.

tbhockeyboy likes this.
  5. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Wow that guy with the Lambo has some serious skills
    The way he managed that chicane :D

martcerv likes this.
  6. pales.

pales. Racer

Well, it's quite clear that the main focus is multiplayer; given the fact that no correspondence has been made in any of the forum sections regarding the AI recently. A substantial amount of people are providing logging to indicate the overwhelming issues with the AI but we haven't had any responses.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's 100 % assumption aka something you just made up aka nonsense.

IIRW, Lord Kunos himself is the AI responsible and although it might not currently be his main focus, he has invested an awful lot of time in both AC and ACC working on the AI. I doubt that he has permanently stopped working on the AI.

jaxx_za likes this.
  8. pales.

pales. Racer

I haven't suggested, nor implied it has been halted, I am simply observing the forum activity and coming to that conclusion based on what I have seen. We're now a matter of days away from release and we still have a substantial amount of issues. Given that we do not have access to the full list of content as well, I would say it is fairly likely we will encounter further issues post release as well. Here are just some of the issues that are likely to be game breaking.

- AI Cars are unable to calculate fuel correctly; which subsequently results in them pilling up in the middle of the road
    - AI Cars are forgetting to pit entirely; resulting in yet again the above behaviour
    - Faster Cars are unable to overtake slower traffic consistently (this, in itself will be a game breaker once driver swaps and mandatory pit stops are implemented)
    - AI Cars are unnecessarily weaving on both corners and straights. This particular behavior is most notifiable on straights where they will attempt to pull out rather than gain additional time during the slipstream. (May I add that they do not even follow your slipstream line, so that in itself is an issue).

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  9. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

We’re all looking at v0.7.2 but the version to be released next week is substantially improved and updated.

Until it’s released and the changelog and full features are know anything said is pure speculation, based entirely in an ACC EA version with very close to 2 month old (v0.7.2 is dated from 09/04/2019)

10. pales.

pales. Racer

I get that but I can almost guarantee we will encounter these sorts of issues post release.

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed, how many times must this be said, for it to sink in ???

Or maybe just too complicated for some.

12. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Yes, it's to be expected that there will still be issues post launch. I cannot think of any games that launched without issues, however Kunos have said that they plan to continue work on ACC and improving it, meaning any of the bugs that the game launches with are likely to be ironed out. Also, just because the team haven't rushed to the forums saying "We've fixed it!", doesn't mean that the bugs you listed will be present in V1.o.

13. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

idk about some of your nitpicks about the AI's line and such. That's probly not going to change much and will improve in increments over time, but they're not gonna release the game with the AI unable to properly do an hour long stint and pit properly lol.

pazzi008 and tbhockeyboy like this.
  14. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

Oh the internet...

Here's an idea, and bear with me on this, what if we wait until we have version 1.0 before we finish our conclusive reviews of version 1.0?

15. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Sorry, but neither you, or I, can guarantee anything, not even “almost”.

tbhockeyboy likes this.
  16. pales.

pales. Racer

I cannot wait to say "I told you so" :)

17. Thanks, that will be super valuable.

Jebus, Whitestar, Arlo and 8 others like this.
  18. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

ok i understand , but this is just a server filtering not a matchmacking. you missused the world more than whe had IMO.

its just on your official page , included matchmaking , i also understand to do that u need more monney for your own server.

a filter still a filter and not a literal matchmacking as you advertise it on your main website :)

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  19. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

it's not just a list of filtered servers though, they stated there would be a "Quick Start" button where you don't even need to look at the server list which puts you on the server it's best-matched for you. That is how matchmaking works (outside of the whole scheduled events thing, granted).

20. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Not again, please!!!