1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt Rally 2.0?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

My issue was sorted by installing updated firmware for my SimuCube wheel. There was no specific fix contained for DR2 in the update; it seems to be relative to the sequence of game vs device drivers more than anything else.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Different causes then. Mine was sorted with another clean driver reinstall. Not sure why it didn't work the first time

Dirt Rally 2.0 forming up to be pretty solid rally sim. Not perfect, but I uninstalled Dirt Rally 1 since most of the locations are in DR 2.0 (and I'd suspect they will be all, eventually, based on SteamDB activity) with better physics. FFB isn't too bad now either (after the update) while it also could be better, but same can be said about DR1

Dean Ogurek and RobPhoboS like this.
  3. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I can't believe was a stuttering pile of sh*t this game is.
    default setting and my system can't maintain 60 fps.

4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

This is a known issue and is caused by an USB-bug in Codemasters code.
    Other Codemasters games (Dirt 4, Dirt Rally 1...) have the same problem...
    Some report that the stutters go away when they unplug or deactivate certain USB devices.
    Just google „Dirt 2 stutter USB“...
    There are workarounds for this problem in the internet...

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah thanks. I kind of figured this out on my own, but good to get confirmation. My driver reinstall didn't cure anything, what I thought was "fix" was just coincidental. The problem returned later, the real cause is the USB thing. Quite annoying :( If Codemasters are such masters, interesting how they haven't been able to fix this dumb problem after multiple games. Now that I think back, I have experienced it before in some other CM title

6. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

Not getting any repeat stutter maybe a micro freeze occasionally(real micro so you thinking did that just happen?) this only seem to happen in last few sessions and did not notice at all on first few days of gameplay. I don't mind the game got the Deluxe 1/2 price it is quite addictive and realize it is early days yet so hopefully improvements on the way. My only gripe(minor) is the FFB is a little light on but I thought the same with FM7, ACC(early) and in The Crew 2, I could not tell the difference between the cars and the boats since they both handled the same.

7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    jaxx_za and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Performance for me is pretty bad. 1080Ti OC and 8700K with Rift S. It's really choppy, in Reddit people seem to feel it's about SteamVR, which can't be overridden. There is no Native Oculus support in Steam version, which is kind of dick-move. To get native performance, you need to buy from Oculus store.

The menus are in theater type of view, and only once you are in the cockpit, it goes 3D which wouldn't bother me, but the crap performance does.

So I would advise to wait, if you plan to buy from Steam sale or key reseller sites, and using Oculus headset. Would be interesting if someone buys from Oculus store, to compare performances...

TL;DR: CAUTION: Steam version only has OpenVR, and it doesn't run great. If you want native Oculus mode with native performance, you need to buy from Oculus store.

Unless enough people complain about this... and Codemasters adds a native mode into Steam too.

10. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

LOL...i just gave it a look, in Oculus store it cost twice as Steam (at least here in Brazil)

11. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Dick move indeed - only reason I bought this title on Steam was because of the promise of VR support. And I haven't even installed it yet - was waiting for VR.

That said, I do recall that Oculus had to get involved before VR support was announced. I suspect Oculus provided funding for VR development, with conditions tied to the Oculus store.

And to think that here we are giving Kunos (as a small indie team) stick for the current VR performance - despite their commitment to constant improvement. A good sense of perspective, that will probably go unnoticed.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    [ATF]Shanti, TDS, Full_Ninja and 2 others like this.
  12. Rolz

Rolz Alien

will try tonight, but suspect if no good I'll ask for a refund...

13. Unfortunately the VR support seems to be a joke. Performance is a joke (very low CPU and GPU load). Functionality is a joke (no mouse support, no mappable Re-center key, UI is a nightmare to navigate without a mouse). By default VR settings are a joke.

Thank god the game itself is still brilliant but VR at this stage is just worthless.

ShredatorFIN and Rolz like this.
  14. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Tempted with getting DR 2.0 as it’s currently 50% off and got VR support now but the reports of the performance is a bit worrying ?

15. Rolz

Rolz Alien

VR experience was very poor... got a refund...

16. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

I found the opposite, loved the 3d VR cockpit, currently running Ultra settings, so far so good.
    Even with my ancient PC.

The only downside is the Very Long Loading Times, running from an Old HDD as the SSD packet up the ghost a year ago.
    Never bothered in replacing her.

This should be rectified in a couple of weeks, going to get a PCI-E adaptor with m.2 drive,
    going to bypass the SATA 6gb and use some of the spare PCI-E Lines instead.

Gives me an excuse to Purchase ACC (BTW thank you for TrackIR support)

Anyhoo

It`s better looking than DR1, mind you WMR didn't work unless you jump threw hoops IE Revive.
    So I never bothered.

With DR2+VR the cockpit looks amazing with 3d. The Dashboard and co-driver really pop`s out.

Just wow using late 18th-century tech on modern applications.

The Driving aspect seems to be arcade-ish, or "I`m a driving god" Quote from Richard Hammond X-Top Gear presenter.
    And I know I`m not the latter...

FFB Could do with some more effects, seems lacklustre in the Gravel Sliding.
    This is using the stock T300RS settings.

Mike1304 likes this.
  17. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Finally installed DR2.0 now that VR was available.
    Only played a short while but thought I'd share my very initial impressions..

Firstly, what drove me to buy this title was one of the popular sim racing youtuber's commenting in his initial impressions video that DR2.0 felt like very close to RBR (except for the asphalt handling which needed work). Well, I can confirm that my experience differs - the cars rotate way too easily with steering input alone - and if you have played RBR before you'll immediately notice that there is no need for constant brake input to get the cars to rotate. So having gotten used to the physics and driving mechanics of RBR, I found DR2.0 to feel somewhat simplistic. To put this into perspective - moving from AC to ACC took some getting used to, but it never felt wrong - there was a real motivation to re-learn the handling. I don't feel this way about DR2.0 coming from RBR (full disclosure, I only started playing RBR for the first time earlier this year).

With regards to VR, I managed to get decent performance by turning down the MSAA to 2x, without too much blurriness - and it was very playable. The environment and lighting feels closer to ACC than AC - so it does feel more immersive. I did notice however a lot more use of cut scenes which has become very obvious in VR as you are looking at a TV screen in 3D space when this happens, as opposed to being in the game. For example, in ACC as soon as you click drive, you are in the environment - the views of the track and cars lined up on the pit line is in a full 3D environment covering your entire FoV. In DR2.0, this is not the case. The cars lining up in the staging area appears as a 2D video in VR - you are not in the environment until you are in the car ready to drive off. I found this a little odd, but otherwise the VR implementation doesn't seem too bad - and probably would get better over time.

I don't generally refund titles (supporting the genre and all that), but as someone who looks forward to the simulation element of a title I can't see myself spending much time in DR2.0. Unlike ACC, which looks great and feels great, DR2.0 to me only seems to have gotten the looks right.

I'm pretty sure that had I not played RBR before, I wouldn't have been too disappointed with the handling (having no clue how rally cars should feel), but that bridge has been crossed.
    If you are on the fence about DR2.0, and haven't played RBR before, go for it as you probably will enjoy it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    KillZoneGB and Mike1304 like this.
  18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Okay, bought DR2 on Oculus Store.
    Butter smooth gameplay in VR, very good graphics, superb speed-immersion.
    Force feedback is okay but not very good, but in combination with the force feedback from my Jetseat it’s immersive enough.
    It’s a huge step forward compared to DR1 in VR IMHO and I‘m glad I bought it.

I read that Oculus version only has very limited content compared to Steam-version but that’s not true anymore.
    Ingame a window popped up, asking me if I want to upgrade to Game of Year edition for a few bucks. I said yes and now I have the full and latest content in Oculus version!

First I got the stuttering-bug (every few seconds) but this is a well known Codemasters USB-bug and I solved it with the also known workaround (temporarily deactivating an USB port in device manager). Fluid perfect VR-experience!

jaxx_za and KillZoneGB like this.
  19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

That's the key.... Steam version VR performance is garbage. And sounds it might stay that way: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/41687-dirt-rally-20-vr-faq-performance-guide/
    In this case, SteamVR performs worse than usual. Creating a huge performance gap between the versions.

If someone with Oculus headset is considering buying DR 2.0 now, I'd say buy from Oculus store or don't buy. I'd stay the hell away from Steam version, if you drive in VR. For us that bought already from Steam, tough luck. Either no acceptable VR performance, or buy the game again. Way to thank early customers by Codemasters. Could be a deal forced by Oculus, but still it's a punch under the belt for Day 1 and other early supporters

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  20. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

I'm not aware about this well known workaround. You have to disable a USB port and then? enable it again when playing the game? Thanks.