1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Beginner guide to Assetto Corsa Competizione?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Silversurfer, May 9, 2019.

1. Deyu

Deyu Rookie

Yeah, that's what I noticed.

The physics in Codemaster's F1 lean on the simcade, yes, but the downshifts are insane in F1 :).

Since buying ACC I have watched many gt3 onboards, but, as I said, muscle memory plays tricks on me. Especially in the heat of the moment.

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yeah that is true. Muscle memory is king. It takes time.

3. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, everything is crazy fast in F1. If you look closely, you can see, that even then, the drivers wait a bit after braking, before they start shifting.

I think this is a good example, since it is a very fast lap and Monza has large breaking zones with many downshifts. Compared to GT3, these cars have two more gears, but the braking zone is about 50m shorter, crazy.

Deyu likes this.
  4. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

The graphics are cool, but the AI sucks.

Deyu likes this.
  5. Deyu

Deyu Rookie

Yeah, that's true, but that's before the first downshift. After that, it's insane. In a GT3 you can't do that, that's what's messing me up.

:D:D

Here's my pathetic Monza. Just recorded. :p Still can't get under 1.51.

6. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

One other thing I notice, which I think will feel strange to a lot, is that your CC will tend to drop if you are racing in close proximity to others. If I'm following a car - AI or real - I'm often easing off into corners to reduce the risk of a bump, and also on exiting if the car in front doesn't hit an ideal line it of the corner. Although I am fully in control of the car, my 'car control' rating will start to fade.
    I understand the logic behind this, and the reality that one 'good' lap will get my rating back up instantly, but this could confuse people less familiar with the rating's mechanics.

7. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

I can see a few areas where you're losing time (compared to me anyway, I'm looking at motec data for a 1:49.641 with the lambo, so take with grain of salt). Here's a map for corner references:

monza track.png

Areas of note:
    Overall: Check your pedal calibrations, at times you're not at 100% braking

Braking into T4: You're coasting into the corner, and when you get on the brake you're not at 100% brake force (look at the throttle/brake indicator). You could try braking later, closer to where close guardrail on the right ends (you can see an orange end on it), between the 150 and 100 boards.
    T7: You're over-slowing the car here, which is costing you a decent amount of time since it leads onto a long straight. Your braking point was ok, but try to carry more speed in since there's space to run wider on exit
    T8: You can brake a little later, closer to the marshall on the right
    T11: Braking early and not at 100% force; check if your pedals are calibrated properly. You can try and brake at some point between the 100 and 50M boards, and make sure to get the car properly turned in before accelerating so you don't need to adjust on exit by waiting at half throttle.

Deyu likes this.
  8. Deyu

Deyu Rookie

Thanks, much appreciated. I noticed the brake indicator. It's me, not the pedal :D I'll try and follow your tips, thanks again!

baakstaff likes this.
  9. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Minolin is working on it

Minolin likes this.
  10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Well, FWIW I don't think there is anything 'wrong' with how it works right now.

11. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Is not pathetic, there is room for improvement always in this game.
    Big question, how do you record it? I'm an exPS4, in there you just press a button.

12. Deyu

Deyu Rookie

Windows Game DVR. Windows button + G and then click on record or Windows + alt + r directly. If you have an nvidia card you can also use their overlay - alt+z by default.

Folder location for Windows - C:\Users\%username%\Videos - here's a guide on how to change the location https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-game-dvr-captures-folder-location-windows-10

In the nvidia overlay you can change the location much easier. Also, it allows to directly upload it.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  13. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

It is going to make that if you let off the gas while following another car (so you don't bump him) it doesn't count like being too slow so CC goes down

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

oh it is - your remark is precisely correct. I (will) call this feature "the reasonable lift", and it should at least release stupid pressure from drivers like you.

15. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, can't infer if you're agreeing with me or not... Am I applying 'stupid pressure'?:oops:

16. Si.

Si. Simracer

I feel CC and CN are more like real-time feedback, so the fact they drop when in traffic seems appropriate to me. What would be cool would be able to see a heat-map of the your laps overlaid on the track map afterwards.

17. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

No, he says that the system puts stupid pressure on you by saying too slow when you need to slow down

chksix, Dookie, Minolin and 1 other person like this.
  18. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Ah! I see.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  19. Si.

Si. Simracer

Sorry I don’t follow, can you explain pls? Is that just in response to someone’s posted lap?

20. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

No, about CC saying "TOO SLOW" when you are behind other car and if you don't slow down you hit the other car. Minolin has said that he will work on it so Cc understand that you can't go full race pace when in battle

Si. likes this.