1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

You are ultra clean

2. that means it will drop soon unless you go on avoiding crashes...

R. Iván likes this.
  3. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

That you played way to much with the AI, be aware dont join to a server without SA requirement or you will lose you SA fast unless you have plenty of experience in MP and you can hold 80sa even on unrestricted servers

4. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

It means you have a problem remembering things when they add up to as little as 3-5. Which is scarry!
    It also means you search out ways to have your ego stroked. A little bit sad!
    And lastly it means you can now start focusing on winning races. Good luck with that!

R. Iván likes this.
  5. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

I remember a race I did last weekend, I started last in Nurburgring, and I overtook many people. In one of those fights, I was reaching the last chicane of the circuit from the outside (my nose was at about 50% of his car), when I saw the other guys was closing my room and that soon I'd have no space, so I had to brake a little bit so that I was behind him.

Of couse you are right when you say it is their fault, but I think the point of the other user was not about who's fault it is, but to be ready to judge and be able to evade that kind of situations. If I am not wrong AI will not close the space you have like that.

anthonylroy, PiretSS2000 and Adastros like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Why so negative?!? It means @Freddie Seng has raced against AI, cleanly. He should be able to also race cleanly against real people.

Coanda, Arlo, eracerhead and 2 others like this.
  7. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I'v never raced online (in ACC). Just against AI. Will be very interesting to race online for the first time now that my SA is over 50. :)
    Not sure why you would interpret his post that way. Seems like a basic honest question to me.

PiretSS2000 and LeDude83 like this.
  8. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Exactly, firmly slamming the door once it's open and someone is entering is silly, right?
    Thank you, that's freaking right.
    Yes, he had a very poor rating at the end.

So... can we, for once and for all, stop blaming Senna and concur that was Prost's fault? ... .... what... too soon?:D

9. Aika_rajuu

Aika_rajuu Gamer

If i remember correctly you gain/lose competitive rating depending how you do compared to other drivers during the race (Is it still like this?). Regarding this what happens to your competitive rating if you join server middle of the race and wait for the race to finish whit out leaving pits? How big factor does race finish have on the competitive rating?

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  10. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

Prolly due to the fact that with his driving style he thinks its impossible or at least strange to obtain 80 SA with so few races ? Dunno, weird reply for sure.

You have to take in account where the attacking car is at corner entry, if its side by side or at least at 50% (i think) of the front car , your point is right.
    But if the attacking car didnt menage to reach that "side by side" position...he should not expect/hope the door to stay open...

eracerhead likes this.
  11. ya every time I look for sources about that I find different interpretations. Some say attacking front axle should be ahead of defending rear axle to have right of way. Some say it should be "engaged" with any part of the car.. some say it should be all the way with front of the car over mid car (like you seem to suggest).. it's really all over the place.

In ACC/AC once you are engaged (as in any part of your car overlaps any part of the opponent's car) AI will assume lines will stay as they are.. so they won't close and won't expect you to close... compared to AC, in ACC the engagement code is a tad more refined and precise.

So in "ACC world" Prost would be at fault there for closing while engaged... modern F1 approach seems to suggest Senna was at fault.

Loeki, bgil66, Coanda and 8 others like this.
  12. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

He was already there, not 50%, but he was there already, and Prost closed the door anyways. He could have continued the exterior lane and recover the first place during the race. He made the wrong call.

13. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

Yeah i never understood what the right point for being considered side by side should be...so after some years i switched to a personal interpretation based on the fact that after the 50% of the car i can be pretty confident bout the other driver to see where i am and act accordingly. If i'm at the rear wheel height i m not sure enough he knows where i am so i expect him to close the door with an higher %

14. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

That makes Verstappen a bully? LOL

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, that's correct, although there's room for interpretation here, as Lord Kunos also pointed out. At the end of the day, it's very hard to judge in real time where the imaginary line from the other car to yours is. So both drivers just to be super careful and in case of doubt - leave space.

I actually just had this very situation like in the Senna clip - 2 days ago I raced the BMW on the Nürburgring and went way inside towards T1 - I was trying to pass an outside Ferrari given the much better acceleration of the BMW. Ferrari went super wide for entry, like you would on a hotlap or in clean air. I expected him to leave the door open so I tucked in close to the inside curb, going super slow for a tight radius. I was right at the Apex when the Ferrari darted for it and crashed into me. The geometry of the crash was thet I T-Boned him but that doesn't do the situation justice - I could have perfectly made the super tight radius - my right wheels were literally on the inside curb. It was more his car approaching mine than the other way around.

He insulted me in the chat, which is fine and part of the fun in racing ;-)

I checked the replay afterwards - I was kind of side-by-side with him when we braked...my bumper was maybe on the level of his door handles.

I think it was mainly his own mistake - in such a crowded situation, you shouldn't expect to be able to take your hotlap line. He should have stayed wide for me to survive. He would have had the upper hand in T2 and 3.

16. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

The positions are similar to the last year contact bottas-vettel i think, and nowdays thats considered fault of the car behind (and i tend to agree).
    Its highly interpretable btw

17. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Aha, that would explain those few times I have been rammed by the AI. Ended up cursing and swearing but apparently it was my own fault then for not paying attention.
    This is very useful info that should maybe be in the game or in some kind of manual or guide.

Max Doubt likes this.
  18. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

I feel that the laws of physics suggest any overlap on the inside ought to be respected.
    BTW, I'd love a game specific common etiquette guide / rule book to give everyone a chance of following the same code, be it authentic to the series or arbitrary if required for these type of calls. Chapters and versus for in game chat reference would get a run I think.

Karsten Beoulve and eracerhead like this.
  19. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Aha. Yes the ACC does sometimes not back out of things where any human (except Senna here :) ) would, which is annoying (to me). I agree with this "Senna at fault here" mainly because its very hard to realise as the driver ahead where the overtaking car is exactly. I think you need more overlap to be able to not back out.

It also depends on the corner. If this had been a slow chicane I think you can get away with less overlap, but that's just my intuition.

Zanza21 likes this.
  20. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

This one explained the point better than i did. I agree