1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

IIRC, the UI is as it is because so many people using AC asked for it to be that way. Personally, I much prefer being able to adjust everything from my wheel. The AC menus seemed very clunky to me.

grrdabrr and LeDude83 like this.
  2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

+1. UI is a huge step forwards. You can operate everything either with mouse and keyboard or - what I prefer - with the wheel buttons and DPad.

PiretSS2000, Jebus and Si. like this.
  3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

When I think of legal overlap I think of my front bumper passing the other cars' A pillar. That would ensure that you are seen by the driver trying to cut you off.

4. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

The thing is: It needs to be written down...inside the sim.
    So that all drivers can act accordingly, after they have (been forced to) read it.
    Doesn't matter how much overlap is defined as enough, as long as it is stated clearly.

If Kunos wants us to obey rules, they have to state them somewhere.
    Been asking for that for years.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

6. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

Interesting to know! So it's not a bug or mistake. The AI are intentionally coded to unfairly wreck me out without sufficient overlap. There really is not much "room for interpretation." The 50% overlap rule is well established. Your own Esport event gets it right... [​IMG][​IMG]

R. Iván, Tkeg and eracerhead like this.
  7. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Is it possible to use crew chief with ACC?
    Does the game give the output for this program?
    I use it in AC and R3E, I drive in VR, but with this program is nearly impossible to kill someone who is side by side with me, cause the spotter tells me, there is a car on your right or left.
    I wonder if this program will support ACC

Arlo and eracerhead like this.
  8. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

ACC needs to share the telemetry data, then CrewChief can do his work.
    I am quite sure, telemetry data will be available in future.

9. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

Isn't that the opposite of what Lord K. said ? Or i did get it wrong ?

Mmm what can you expect from peeps adding onions to carbonara after all :p

stefanoCasillo and AchillesXI like this.
  10. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

ACC shares telemetry data with motec.
    Isn't it the same?
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

11. Tkeg

Tkeg Gamer

Are driver swaps confirmed for 1.0 so we can do 24h races? :)

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

We all hope so
    We can see driver swap option in the MFD in game and also first time driver swaps got mentioned on forums by dev is recently when lord kunos said how thats one of the most wanted festure from previous game and they will try to put them all in the game.. but officialy we have not heard a single confirmation about it.. or seen the footage sadlly.. but 1.0 is soon to be there and give us massive suprise

13. correct. AI does not work like that.
    TBH I think it's a supid rule made by people who simply don't understand physics and it's easy to prove:

You have to assume the attacking car is already braking at its max potential until it reaches the apex.. so what exactly "abort" means here? It can't abort anything.. it's already braking as hard as it can.. it can either:

- brake more (provided no ABS), which means it won't be turning, which means it will end up wide crashing into the defending car
    - turn right.. ending up on the grass thus long and possibly, again, into the defending car

the only reasonable scenario for this fantasy "abort" to work is that the attacking car is not already braking at its maximum.. which basically only happens in movies.. you know those movies when Tom Cruise decides he wants to overtake and accelerates more? :D :D :D (usually this amazing Cruise maneuver is accompanied by a mysterious and equally comical downshift) and the other guy goes "damn.. he accelerated more.. what can I possibly do now?" :p

EDIT: damn... I've just realized.. does all this no abort bla bla make me a pro-life? :p

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  14. Turk

Turk Alien

Change into gear 11!!

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

that's completely true.
    but then AI should get a DT penalty too for causing an incident (divebomb) - if he doesn't have significant overlap on me.
    or should avoid divebombish moves (most of the times) - but sometimes mistakes happen
    in my opinion, AI is really good at this at the moment. sometimes a divebombing AI car pushes me off but most of times they're good at this. (mostly Audis are divebombers, who have thought that?)

f.e.negroni likes this.
  16. :D

it is known

LeiF, Adastros and Cote Dazur like this.
  17. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

Turk and stefanoCasillo like this.
  18. Default

Default Racer

Yup I lost some SA against a revenge wrecker recently on a server with minimal SA requirement.
    P.S. Do you feel proud now after what you did?

19. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

Mi hai quasi convinto !

20. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

You abort the overtake by staying on the brakes a fraction of a second longer. You have to release pressure on the brake if you want to turn in, so when you realize the gap isn't there, you just wait, turn in late and tuck in behind.

I mean everyone has done this before a million times. You think you can make a late move, but then you see it isn't gonna work so you have to overslow a bit.