1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

That makes completely sense but there's a catch with the AI in some particularly cases.

When both cars are engaged, braking at its maximum, the AI will keep the line but, in some cases, it will be very difficult to impossible for the AI to make the turn.
    For instance, braking for the first Monza chicane, if I approach the turn on the inside, brake hard and late, side by side with the AI, it will try to make the chicane by the outside, which it can't do.
    As such, the AI is unable to use the required approach line, turns right on the outside while entering the chicane, but then pass over the left kerb when trying to turn left to exit the chicane, jumps over the left kerb, crosses the track from left to right and goes off track and it's an easy overtake, considering the AI won't crash into the left side of the player's car, when the player is turning left to exit the chicane.
    I can try to replicate this to have a video to illustrate what I'm trying to say, if you think its worth it (but perhaps it's something unavoidable, because there is so much that the AI can do)

I think something similar happens also in Zolder, also for the first chicane approach.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  2. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

of course it was totally intentional, you hit me from behind in variante ascari when there was trafic and you made me lose 2 SA points just by that little tap
    and i have to talk to you because you didn't care, even have to say to you that you owed me an apology witch when you said it sounded really hollow and fake
    i just payed you with the same coin

being fast doesnt mean you have the right to do what you want on the track, if you cant respect the trafic then don't go to MP

vanveen, Arlo and kro like this.
  3. Adastros

Adastros Racer

W.T.F o_O

4. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

Mm in some cases that could be true, but if there is some trail braking involved this behavours sounds a bit less doable.
    If the attacker didnt menage to reach the side of the other car and both tried an extreme braking (quite probabile) then chances are that when the first car start releasing the brake and begins turning the attacking one is still in full braking and unable to change the speed since it is a lil behind.

5. Are you seriously? o_O If so I hope I'll never meet you online. There is no excuse for hitting cars on purpose :cool:

Coanda, Ace Pumpkin, LeDude83 and 2 others like this.
  6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Wait wait...
    Can you explain this?

7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Well, you sound like a totally reasonable fellow.

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

wtf what, i did the same that he did to me

and you will, my SA is 80+ and this guy pushed me from behind and took me off from the track and not only that it made me push the car in front of me that i was keeping the pace till variante ascari ended, so he took 2 cars with 1 stone

i'm, i dont like injustice, i follow the rules of the track and respect what is in front of me, this guy default default just tapped my car in the middle of variante ascari for no reason taking 2 cars at the same time and he didnt even flinch and i have to call him over chat and explain what he did to me and the other guy and his answer were childish and after a 5m chat he finaly "apology", i mean if you made a mistake and take a car OOT at least have the dignity to apology asap otherwise it would feel like the incident was totaly intentional

the worst part @Default is a fast driver, very fast and have the PRO tag and i know him since 0.3 he didn't care about what happened, that pissed me off, lost SA points thanks to him when was no need to tap my car in that part of the track

damn it, should save the screenshot of what he did to show everyone what type of driver @Default is

and i'm aware that revenge is crap and i don't like it, this guy won the lottery with me

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    vanveen likes this.
  9. I've to quote the Lord himself:"bla bla bla" quote close.
    Like I said there are no excuses for hitting cars on purpose.
    It dosn't matter what @Default was doing in this case. Maybe he's a very fast idiot. But still it's not an excuse for being an idiot too. Your reaction don't let you shine.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  10. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

IRL whats happens to a driver if it is known without doubt that they hit another car deliberately ?

11. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

tbh i dont care, was the spur of the moment
    that all from me about this incident. wont gonna derail anymore this thread

12. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

If I may just interject for a brief moment...

Might just want to take some relaxation lessons there mate, all I did was join the server. ;)

[​IMG]

Aseeth, tjr, Arpadian and 2 others like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Coanda and After_Midnight like this.
  14. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

oh look at that, of course i will tell you that and i don't regret it, you banned me from your discord for asking an admin in your server wen there was a wrecker
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

btw i will tell you that every time i see you on a open server just for the lulz

I dont hate you oldfart, hope we see you on track so we got a nice fight door to door

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  15. R. Iván

R. Iván Gamer

16. Default

Default Racer

You were being lapped. I had to brake and slow till 1st gear on a normally 3rd gear entry and still barely tapped you, I didn't feel the tap on my wheel and the game didn't even register it as an incident and my SA wasn't affected.

I can't type while driving and what sort of apology do you expect when you force someone to?

Now you're over exaggerating, you didn't touch the other car you spun out on your own after I tapped you. As I said I admitted it was an accident and not "for no reason" like you said.

As I said earlier I can't type while driving I had to stop to reply. Just because someone doesn't reply doesn't mean it's intentional.

Why do you need to ask for an admin when you're the wrecker? :p

chksix, PiretSS2000 and Aseeth like this.
  17. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

i should ask you the same since you started it :p

18. azzah

azzah Simracer

Dude, you weren't banned because of *that*.
    You were banned for acting like a rude, selfish a-hole, throwing insults left and right because you didn't immediately got what you demanded.
    Now look what you're doing here?

We were honestly trying to help you. Remember, you were complaining about wrecking in the open server, while the SA-locked ones were empty.
    We invited you to just ask in discord for members to join whatever server, but you specifically requested to be handed the ban-hammer, so that you could enact revenge on whatever poor fool who might have clipped you...

So pretty please, with sugar on top, calm the F down and maybe reflect on your behaviour towards others.

Dookie, Zanza21, GRFOCO and 10 others like this.
  19. Deyu

Deyu Rookie

Guys, about this. I'm still a pleb, I admit, but aren't the cars a litte too sensible to touches? I mean, I watch the real Blancpain and there are races where elbows are fully deployed and the cars don't spin out of control from a simple tap.

I've been on both sides of this, and I know 99% of it isn't intended. ACC multiplayer has some of the most clean races I've been into. But sh*t happens.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  20. vanveen

vanveen Racer

no excuse for not stopping and apologizing when you hit somebody either