1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Well, you don't have to join if you don't want.

martcerv likes this.
  2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Joining the track mid race is a complete no-no in my eyes.....really hope it’s not allowed in 1.0

its.me, CrzBonKerz, MobyDuck and 7 others like this.
  3. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

A timer in the server-list should be available where you could see how far the session has progressed. This would help greatly in choosing server, especially if mid-race-joining would be locked. If I could see that a race only has 5 mins left then I would be more inclined to join that server and wait for the next race.

4. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

There is a timer visible already.

5. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Given it's likely non restricted servers will be over represented as people just want to race and can't be bothered (understandably) to enter empty servers and wait for people to join, I think if the race length is set to anything other than a sprint race you may find people won't wait.Plus people bail out when the going gets tough so you could end up with very few drivers circulating mid-race.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    tjr likes this.
  6. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Thanks , I see your point re 'penalty for being clean'.
    As it is the success of SA depends purely on users choices regarding which servers they choose to join.
    I just hope enough people do the right thing and don't just pile into un-rated servers.

tjr likes this.
  7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

If people don't want to wait, that's obviously fine. There will be always be other servers available, and these, given the correct numbers, will then being to populate themselves.

I'm personally not seeing many people quit mid-race, but I'm not suggesting this doesn't happen. A couple of disaffected people leaving a race doesn't normally ruin things though. It's usually not those who are actually in amongst the racing that leave anyway. That's more palatable to me than having people join halfway through.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Kind if why I avoid open servers mostly.

Your lucky to get any competitive guys in there to give you a proper race.

Youre likely to get a few in that have no clue of how or any intention of racing properly.

In qualy half the field wont even set a lap.

A good number of people wont make it past t1 pr even 10 minutes into the race before leaving or retiring back to pit to have an open practice session mid race.

It still amazes me how this is still the goto format for the vast majority when they have clearly better choices. :rolleyes:

Even a 20 minute open server race with 24 starters will rarely have more then 4 finish the race on the lead lap. I dont really need to be circulating with mobile chicanes having an open practice in a sprint race. You can start a restricted server race with 5 people and more will finish a 30 minute race then 24 starters in an open server. ;)

chksix likes this.
  9. steevee

steevee Racer

There are some right a$$holes on official Kunos server Nurburg at the minute.... :mad:

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Is that open or restricted and what level is the SA set to if it is?

11. steevee

steevee Racer

open, and track medals 3 and SR 50, close racing, and I accidentally tapped someone, (blue lambo), I slowed so he could retake the position, and he goes ahead and rams the crap out of me, not once, but for about a minute complete waste of space that dude...

chksix likes this.
  12. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Feel for you. 'revenge wrecking' is deplorable behaviour.

13. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

Got revenge rammed (i think it was the same bmw, not sure..too many bmw around @Aristotelis ) after race end in the same server and maybe even the same race based on time.

4 sa point lost down to 82...will i never learn to shut up?

14. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Some of those problems have solution if the devs try to solve them:

-In qualy half the field wont even set a lap --> 107% rule, and no qualy time set=no race. In monza a pole of 1m46.5 have a 107% time of 1m53.9 near to 8 seconds slower
    -A good number of people wont make it past t1 pr even 10 minutes into the race before leaving or retiring back to pit to have an open practice session mid race --> Nobody can join a server after the end of the qualy, and once the user have set a lap in qualifying if that person leaves before the race has ended then he can't join other server until the race has ended in the server they have leave, being the only exception to this if his qualy time was outside of the 107%, in that case he can join any other server he want. This would encourage the people to finish the races, take part in the qualy sessions and put a stop to the endless change of servers from some people.

junneh, deadmeat2k, chksix and 3 others like this.
  15. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

It should be 120% rule, the one used in blacpain

deadmeat2k and tjr like this.
  16. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Pretty please, with sugar on top! I sometimes join mid-race myself (but stay well clear of traffic!) but I will gladly forfit that option if there is a possibility to implement a block from joining.

Again I was having a nice chase when a backmarker several laps down decided to race me for position. I overtook him as I was faster, but it was no easy move. He then had the audacity to flash me after I overtook him?! A few corners later I made a mistake and he went for pass on me which took me out - I was "awarded" negative SA-points and a parking spot in the gravel while he carried on.

That's not right, man...

17. Si.

Si. Simracer

Just had an awful race, hit at the start, hit at corner 3 then 4 and later on a deliberate wrecker, lost -4 SA down to 75 :(. Previous 2 races had been good on the server, gained a fair amount of trust but only 1 SA. Game feels unfair sometimes when you lose a bunch of SA and there’s nothing you can do about it, I know it isn’t and I’ll recover it but it’s still depressing sometimes.

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I still think people should be given penalties for taking out brake markers etc. I did a race at Nurburgring last night and some took them all out clearly on purpose during a race. They are so far off line that you should not be hitting them.

They should also all be replaced after a safety car or vsc assuming these will be added. Also start of each new session while currently they are only replaced if you leave then re enter the session. This means not everyone has the same markers in a server especially at race start it depends on how long you have been in.

But give the guys taking them out SA penalties and race penalties same as track cuts I think.

deadmeat2k and chksix like this.
  19. fabT

fabT Alien

Speaking of unsporting behaviour, tonight i've met this brilliant guy ...
    He was cursing against me in chat for this accident ( i was the following 911 ):

His fault here was blatant, he went on curb, lost its car and hit me.
    This didn't stop him from complaining vs. me though :eek: :D.

Better doublecheck what you're doing, before opening your mouth ...

Anyway, i was lucky enough to survive the crash and to continue racing despite quite some damage.
    Had a nice duel with @Luis Branco and that alone was worth the race.
    Ty mate.

20. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Its always funny how people immediately find somebody to blame without even watching a replay..
    I get hit or spin around etc.. i go and watch replay immediately to see was it my fault or other guy..and then decide will i rage or not :D

Kidding, usually i just go with it.. not even getting mad for people making a mistake... i understand how hard it can be happens to me also ..but ofc intentional rammers can... beep beep

fabT likes this.