1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Multiplayer & Rating - 1.0

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunja

Gunja Alien

What a great job! Well done Minolin, hats off mate.

Coanda and Salvatore Amato like this.
  2. I did not understand a few things:
    will I be able to enable CP on my server?
    Will you rotate tracks?
    Will we be able to enable CP for longer races?

For instance : let's imagine i want to organize a championship will full length races. will I be able to enable CP?
    Will I be able to lower SA requirements, if I can enable CP?

and thaaaaaaaanks

3. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

That CP servers are a good way to start. Thanks kunos for offering us something beyond a list in the multiplayer (and I am one of those who was negative after the message in the last communication on the multiplayer). Now if I can say that this multiplayer idea seems better. I think again the problem is always the way you communicate with people supporting the development of the game (this CP mode was not stated on your message and it changed everything). If you knew you were going to do this, don't say what you said weeks before, because this is good (or at least it seems to be). Time will say, but well played Kunos.

Don't you all think so?

Patrik and Abwursten like this.
  4. that's why you should never let your mouth to run before it's time eheheh.
    Now I think we are all happy!

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Oh I forgot to say that all CP servers will be Paul Ricard for at least 4 months :D :D :D :D

Yes, that's what I mean with the special situation where we start with 0-10 and have one 8-100 server. Something like CP only works in brackets

Nope. We took advantage of the new "Quickjoin" UI and put the CP servers there. So there is no way to select what you want => some kind of predictability is needed.
    But let's see how this develops and where the preferences are; I can imagine we try different settings from time to time. Though 30mins, no :)

Not for 1.0, sorry. It's something we want to look into, but no promises.

Public MP: no changes for 1.0. CP servers cannot be joined post FP1.

Public/Competition servers: no. Again, predictability is key, and CP sessions are long enough to be properly affected by fuel and tyre wear - and btw. also a realistic dynamic weather.
    Private servers will get an array of options though (after the 1.0 dust settled a bit).

Again, public MP: no. CP already runs full formation laps, leagues will get them as option a bit later.

No reset. It would take weeks until SA became effective again, and we'd face a weird situation of almost-empty CP servers for days.

Yes, sadly not this week.

No. At the moment we will run the servers, and see how things evolve (there's literally no reference). But at least if it's a halfway attractive feature, we will soon face a situation where we need to pick other models, and handing out CP servers to the community is one option (though one with a few problems to solve).

Manually, yes. It's also likely that you see different servers suggested multiple times a day, if they run different tracks it's automatically mixed.

Apex Gt, Coanda, Max Doubt and 18 others like this.
  6. Thank you!
    If I can give me opinion, the system is in theory almost perfect.
    There are only two things missing, but it's ok that you focus on the stability of every single feature you provide. And they are a lot!
    Infact, once it's working stable, I would pass it to the community. Just to give their championships a more serious perspective.
    But again, to be the 1.0, it's a lot of staff.
    It is a long term base in my opinion.
    Which means it is very well thought!

7. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Good work guys, it seems very impressive.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  8. MisterX2699

MisterX2699 Rookie

Are the ratings for the release actually reset? I haven't seen any information on that yet.

9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Please make this happen in the future :) The way it is now, P1 can pull away from the pack by like 50-100 meters before the lights go green. Now that there will be a CP rating, this gives a huge unfair advantage to P1.

Edit: Also, if P1 is a fair player and waits for the other people behind him, it gives him a disadvantage, as everyone can press their throttle 100% but P1 has to wait for green, which means he will have a bad start.

Coanda, martcerv, TheRipper and 4 others like this.
  10. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I think he just said no, in previous post.

11. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

No reset?
    Omg
    I have to drive more.
    Omg
    Only two days left

eRacer212 and theivansk like this.
  12. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

This sounds amazing Kunos. Absolutely amazing work. Does anyone know if our ratings are getting wiped for full release?

13. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

Sorry i see the answer now, but can't delete the post?

Wolf WolfZ and eRacer212 like this.
  14. Vasdes

Vasdes Rookie

A simple and quick question.
    The servers will only have a maximum of 30 slots?
    It is possible to make races of 60 cars?

PiretSS2000 and LukFry like this.
  15. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

WTF, luckly i got the 3 medals right yesterday :cool:
    Too bad those blue stripes still looks horrible in VR with tha freaking temporalAA :(

Can't understand that, are ya saying that the , probably, most long and competitive races (CP) will all be hidden behind the quickjoin(t) button ? I got it wrong i guess

Thats procedure its not really working properly, the whole thing is still more or less up to the good heart of racers, and usually it results in a complete messup of the positions settled by qualify times.
    Since thats the starting point of every race i'd push up its priority to critical , just my 2cents

16. an SA reset would be be fair.
    But remember that it could kill the competition "exclusive" nature.
    I think a good solution is to compact (compact? I hope it's the right term) the values. for instance : 30 to 50 drivers go to 30, 50 to 70 go to 50 and 70 to 100 go to 70.
    In this way you maintain the differences, but you also help the people who has been rammed more then others because they joined public servers. like me XD!
    that works even more if SA through single player is capped!

17. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I thought the same. "Why didn't Minolin post about CP concept in the first place two weeks ago?"
    So there was a huge ****storm and alot of disappointment.
    I also was very very disappointed and a little bit angry and had zero motivation to gain SA. Now my main goal is to get enough SA for the dedicated CP servers.
    Because the CP server concept means a sort of scheduled races and later server splitting light.
    All what I wanted to have.
    Now I am extremly hyped hyped hyped and very motivated to drive as clean and cautious as possible.

I already told my wife that this wednesday night when the kid is sleeping I will be in my rig for the rest of the evening. Then it's ACC time.:D

Cannot await 1.0.:)

eRacer212 likes this.
  18. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm not fully satisfied, but you did answer all of my questions and I do hope you'll get around to fix the problematic formation & start procedure; which gives players an incentive to jump the start and/or get a head start.

19. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Don't worry, this a joke from Minolin. He knows that I am addicted to Spa/Monza.
    It's german style of humor.:D

20. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

I'm pleased to read all this and it sounds good. But wouldn't it have just been more convenient for users if the CP server races were scheduled so you know when to turn up for a race. Otherwise I'm worried I'm going to log in, see the race has just started and then I've got to wait an hour and 20 mins to play again. By then it's going to be time for bed. 2 young kids means I don't have time to wait that long.

I'm also a bit worried about the CP servers filling up fast and not being able to get in to the appropriate race. Again this wouldn't have been an issue with scheduled races and the game splitting players by rating.

Just my thoughts. I have to admit though this is better than what we currently have in the game and all other multiplayer systems other than iracing and GT sport.

Erik Frisen and Kopiller like this.