1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New NVidia driver for ACC released today

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, May 28, 2019.

1. pastranario

pastranario Racer

Updated drivers for the launch

[​IMG]

uelas_77, Pheebau, Cefirofun and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia driver 531.68 issues. Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer [resolved - nvidia driver] Track-specific game freeze in both Single Player and Multiplayer Apr 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting help needed acc will not start after game/ NVidia driver update Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting return to menus and monitor blank - not optimum mode [Nvidia driver "feature"] Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions New Nvidia Driver add DLSS to ACC Nov 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal Error - 3 times already... [nVidia PhysX & GPU driver crash] Feb 9, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal error after installing NVIDIA driver [outdated integrated GPU driver on laptop] Nov 17, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia Drivers 445.75 - Image Sharpening causes UE Crash Mar 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New VRRS feature in latest NVIDIA driver 441.87 Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New Nvidia drivers 441.87 VR disconnects Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Nvidia drivers discussion Jul 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia drivers 418.91 Caution Feb 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Updating Nvidia Drivers Sep 19, 2018
    ACC General Discussions ACC Nvidia Game ready driver Sep 10, 2018

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

WOW,... 1st time I've seen anything like that from Nvidia for Assetto Corsa.

Wonder if that driver will also add performance gains ?

I'll let you guys test it first though,... :)

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  4. Under exactly the same settings and conditions, I went from 106-fps to 118-fps.

f.e.negroni likes this.
  5. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

Good! What your PC specs?

6. asus x370 prime - amd ryzen 7 1700 3.8ghz - 32gb ddr4 2666 mhz - m.2 ssd - gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 1080

luxxx797 likes this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I tested & rolled back between driver 430.86 & 419.35 and for me there was no difference in performance between the two drivers and the UI menu is still under high GPU load. I did two 0f my standard tests. Test 1 was a SP practice session at the Nurburgring and Test 2 was a 21 AI race with all opponents set to visible which was also at the Nurburgring in sunny morning conditions. Unfortunately I am still receiving unnecessary dynamic GPU throttling on Test 2 even as my CPU cores/threads are not under full load. I found no issues with the new driver so I will roll with that for now.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

V1 uses a newer build of the game engine, it may also run dx12 possibly as this is what is needed for RTX support but it may not make the first build possibly. Its likely had some adjustments made to better support the newer UE build used in ACC 1.0.

I honestly never really found any major changes in driver builds beyond some that fixed issues in some games and with SLI compatibility but ACC has not supported this to date and Nvidia has mostly abandoned multi gpu support even if they made NV-Link to hook up 2x 2080ti cards then for people to find it still needs SLI support to work and this is a very low priority for game devs and clearly Nvidia driver teams.

Coanda likes this.
  9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Then you missed all the coverage that was happening for RTX?

mr Switchblade and iVG like this.
  10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

A-Jin likes this.
  11. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Can someone comment on whether or not that actually brought any improvements?

12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Yor are late ;)

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Double Post

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  14. Torcano

Torcano Alien

The new driver upgrade is worth it to me for one reason alone - Nvidia's Freestyle inbuilt post processing app. I can do my own color correction to the game now without using reshade or ingame PP. I always run with ingame PP on min anyway but removing my reshade profile alone gained me atleast 10 fps LOL. Looking forward to what further improvements 1.0 brings.

15. RWa

RWa Simracer

Diver updates are mostly helping for the placebo effect :)

alex bonner and Rudski like this.
  16. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You didn't read about the changes then...
    No Placebo in this case.

17. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

Nice improvements for me with new drivers :) At least!

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

alex bonner and Coanda like this.
  19. Si.

Si. Simracer

I wonder if Kunos can comment on whether these drivers are a necessary/advisable upgrade prior to v1.0? What drivers has v1.0 been tested with?

@Minolin @Aristotelis @Lord Kunos

20. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Funny how AMD always is late to the release party...

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  21. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

I have not noticed any improvements in desktop mode(1440p) or VR(Rift S).

Methodology:
    -ACC 0.7.2
    -measured at the start place for Monza hotlap session with BMW, in cockpit view
    -Details low-med
    -Desktop: 1440p w/o vsynch/gsync
    -VR: ASW disabled, 2.0 super sampling in Oculus Tray Tool (needed to utilize all potential of Oculus Rift S display).

Hardware: Ryzen 5 2600 stock clock, 32GB DDR4@3200, 1080Ti @1974Mhz core

430.64 - clean install
    ---------------------
    1440p: 204-211fps
    VR: 57.5fps-60fps

430.86 - clean install
    ---------------------
    1440p: 200-220
    VR: 57.5fps-60fps